Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the game in Myrtleford. They looked ok - stronger and fitter - got a future - they didn't play many pracy games in the last few years - today should help them - they appear more motivated and organised:)! Good to see.

I take it the two coaches didn't speak before the game as Wang played two sides three quarters each and myrt played all their players over six. You would think they could have planned it better.

I take it the two coaches didn't speak before the game as Wang played two sides three quarters each and myrt played all their players over six. You would think they could have planned it better.
Yes correct - result means nothing - look at Cats vs Tigers in Geelong.
Young O'Kane looks to have a future and I reckon Cuzziggnanai ???? could be ok with a bit of time on the weights.

Any news on the weekend praccy matches. Heard Wodonga bulldogs and Raiders won easily, with Raiders gun Paddy Rose kicking 9. :eek: Wow..
Any other results..
Rose will kick 30 or 40 more than fev so if people think fev will snag a 100 then rose will get 130 odd coz he is a jet and to smart for most players in vfl let alone o and m:eek:

Funny seeing the VRC yesterday knock back the opportunity to have Black Caviar run in Victoria to set a world record because of the integrity of racing;and yet we disregard ours for Brendan Fevola!!!!One is one of the best horses ever seen-the other will play about 10 games and never be seen in our competition again.Good to see Shooter and Boothy outspoken today.
Hope all away teams pack a sandwich and a thermos of tea when they play Yarrawonga and spend nothing at the canteen:D

Funny seeing the VRC yesterday knock back the opportunity to have Black Caviar run in Victoria to set a world record because of the integrity of racing;and yet we disregard ours for Brendan Fevola!!!!One is one of the best horses ever seen-the other will play about 10 games and never be seen in our competition again.Good to see Shooter and Boothy outspoken today.

Hope all away teams pack a sandwich and a thermos of tea when they play Yarrawonga and spend nothing at the canteen:D

Why the angst at Yarra mate? As the tigers prez said in the paper, they have nothing against the two teams, they're just concerned with the league administrators.

Dear Tom O'Conner,
My club has a recruit that we are all very keen to see play (insert Barlow, Rose, Henneman etc) and will bring a few extra numbers through the gate, but he has a family event (not a suspension) and can't play on that Saturday, we are hoping that we can change the draw so he can play and we're a better chance of winning and our club will get more money.

Thanking you in advance, because i know it won't be a problem now that a precidence has been set.

Club Stalwart

Dear Tom O'Conner,
My club has a recruit that we are all very keen to see play (insert Barlow, Rose, Henneman etc) and will bring a few extra numbers through the gate, but he has a family event (not a suspension) and can't play on that Saturday, we are hoping that we can change the draw so he can play and we're a better chance of winning and our club will get more money.

Thanking you in advance, because i know it won't be a problem now that a precidence has been set.

Club Stalwart
Substitute the recruit for an existing player, Luke Garland, and replace family event with Albury Race Club meeting and you have a very real event happening.:eek:

Substitute the recruit for an existing player, Luke Garland, and replace family event with Albury Race Club meeting and you have a very real event happening.:eek:

I don't agree with the change in the draw as it should remain the same. I remember Wang having heaps of trouble when the league would give the club a home game when the swap meet was on and wouldn't let them change the game as the draw was done.

Reading alburys letter in the border was very hard I thought. Their football reasons are very humorous! They say they are doing it for the "greater good of the entire o&m". But all there reasons where about them missing out.

But I say aging the match should not have been moved to help one player who ever it is!

i hear albury is an the verge of pulling off a signing to match the fevola signing of yarra.. any ideas? a big signing would keep them ahead of the pack i think

Two names have been coming up often around the traps, but are yet to be mentioned on here.

This is from the Herald Sun website from 24th Feb.
"Brad Ottens joins Jason Saddington, Tadhg Kennelly and Ryan Houlihan in the coaches box guiding NSW-ACT footballers to the elite level."

Either player would be dominant in the O&M. If Albury gets them both, it wouldn't surprise me. However the story on the website continues with...

Ottens will guide the junior sides through the national championships and will spend much of the rest of the season in a part-time coaching and playing role with Geelong Football League club Newtown.

We'll wait and see what happens.

I thought Ottens name was also mentioned in relation to Yarra at some stage as well.

Two names have been coming up often around the traps, but are yet to be mentioned on here.

This is from the Herald Sun website from 24th Feb.
"Brad Ottens joins Jason Saddington, Tadhg Kennelly and Ryan Houlihan in the coaches box guiding NSW-ACT footballers to the elite level."

Either player would be dominant in the O&M. If Albury gets them both, it wouldn't surprise me. However the story on the website continues with...

Ottens will guide the junior sides through the national championships and will spend much of the rest of the season in a part-time coaching and playing role with Geelong Football League club Newtown.

We'll wait and see what happens.

I thought Ottens name was also mentioned in relation to Yarra at some stage as well.

Ottens is playing with Newtown in the Geelong League when his coaching committments allow. Has confirmed this since his appointment

Ottens is playing with Newtown in the Geelong League when his coaching committments allow. Has confirmed this since his appointment
Interesting how many footballers (ex AFL) get into these pissy little development roles. I know the game is growing into new frontiers etc... Seriously, no money and how many clinics and schools can you visit / do before absolute boredom sets in - maybe it's the start of a coaching career? If not, it begs the question - how well are the AFL and its clubs really looking after their players? How many move on from footy to careers of any value or quality? How many create their own viable trade/business? :footy:

Another point - player managers - How is it that Fev could possibly be let waste all that he had - by Carlton, the AFLPA and his MANAGER!!! His responsibility - yes - but others were paid to "mind him" - to "manage him" - no refunds to Fev I wouldn't think! :footy:

I don't agree with the change in the draw as it should remain the same. I remember Wang having heaps of trouble when the league would give the club a home game when the swap meet was on and wouldn't let them change the game as the draw was done.

Reading alburys letter in the border was very hard I thought. Their football reasons are very humorous! They say they are doing it for the "greater good of the entire o&m". But all there reasons where about them missing out.

But I say aging the match should not have been moved to help one player who ever it is!

Suggestion, instead of a round 17 game being put forward, why dont the board bring forward a round 2 or 3 game or even round 5.Then the 2 participating clubs have a bye/rest in round 3,4 or 6. This eliminates the thoughts of an advantage to the club by having a rest/break.... 2 weeks before finals. time.

@bordermail must have a pretty strong board up there bunch of pussy. Change there minds at a drop of a hat#whychangeitinthefirstplace #weak]

Fevola's verdict on Twitter.

Gee, I hope no one calls the O&M Board a bunch of pussies in the media and that's seen as bringing the League/game into disrepute or some such.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly dont know what all the fuss is about Fevola I applaud wang and Yarra for there innovation and to all the other o&m clubs if he was at your club Im pretty sure your committees would be trying to do the same thing . Yes i know fev has alot of baggage but as we can see with all the gun recruits wanting to play in this league clubs are going to need to find some extra monies so if the opportunity arises do it. if the O&M backflips on the this they are soft they sent the draw out to be looked at by clubs wang and yarra looked found something to work with did it now they are crucified , to the other clubs get over it and use it to your advantage

I honestly dont know what all the fuss is about Fevola I applaud wang and Yarra for there innovation and to all the other o&m clubs if he was at your club Im pretty sure your committees would be trying to do the same thing . Yes i know fev has alot of baggage but as we can see with all the gun recruits wanting to play in this league clubs are going to need to find some extra monies so if the opportunity arises do it. if the O&M backflips on the this they are soft they sent the draw out to be looked at by clubs wang and yarra looked found something to work with did it now they are crucified , to the other clubs get over it and use it to your advantage

They have backflipped.

Fevola has alot of baggage for what being a fool to himself.
All you people seem to have forgotten about the CONVICTED THUG that plays for the Albury Football League oh sorry club he has been convicted by the courts and no mention, you are all a joke if anyone should be villified it is that thug, but oh no all you people out there havent got the balls to get stuck into the JOSS FOOTBALL CLUB.

All you people seem to have forgotten about the CONVICTED THUG that plays for the Albury Football League oh sorry club he has been convicted by the courts and no mention, you are all a joke if anyone should be villified it is that thug, but oh no all you people out there havent got the balls to get stuck into the JOSS FOOTBALL CLUB.

I think if you look back thru past posts you will see albury have had their fair share of whacks on here.

Give it time. It's yarras turn on here at the moment. Will turn back soon

I don't see how Fevola's off-field problems (or any other player's, for that matter) are relevant to the decision?

As a footy fan, I'm disappointed, but both sides had fair arguments.

Either way, decision has been made, let's move on.

Yarra is going to play in some very heated early season matches!

I don't see how Fevola's off-field problems (or any other player's, for that matter) are relevant to the decision?

As a footy fan, I'm disappointed, but both sides had fair arguments.

Either way, decision has been made, let's move on.

Yarra is going to play in some very heated early season matches!

It's not like he isn't going to play again. There is going to be several opportunity's for country footy fans to see him play, without the need to compromise rules the maintain the integrity of the game. So far everything about this has been on Brendan's terms. He is only playing when it suits him. If he was genuinely interested in promoting country footy, he wouldn't just be playing home games, or away games when the opposition club pays for it :thumbsdown:. People carrying on about this need to keep in mind, that so far he has only demonstrated he will do what works for him.

All you people seem to have forgotten about the CONVICTED THUG that plays for the Albury Football League oh sorry club he has been convicted by the courts and no mention, you are all a joke if anyone should be villified it is that thug, but oh no all you people out there havent got the balls to get stuck into the JOSS FOOTBALL CLUB.[/quote you have no idea about anything inspector. that convicted thug puts heaps in to his club and has payed for his crime. all talk about him should center around his play and contribution to his side and to the league. i'm sure he has represented the league at every chance and polled well in the morris medal and the tigers best and fairest.. how many of these gun recruits will offer their time to represent the o&m this year? says alot about a person i think

All you people seem to have forgotten about the CONVICTED THUG that plays for the Albury Football League oh sorry club he has been convicted by the courts and no mention, you are all a joke if anyone should be villified it is that thug, but oh no all you people out there havent got the balls to get stuck into the JOSS FOOTBALL CLUB.[/quote you have no idea about anything inspector. that convicted thug puts heaps in to his club and has payed for his crime. all talk about him should center around his play and contribution to his side and to the league. i'm sure he has represented the league at every chance and polled well in the morris medal and the tigers best and fairest.. how many of these gun recruits will offer their time to represent the o&m this year? says alot about a person i think

Please explain this to me - Who are you talking about? This makes no snse.

Please explain this to me - Who are you talking about? This makes no snse.

he obviously is talking about mackie in a roundabout gutless fashion. im sure if joel had a sentence albury would not have requested a change in the draw to accomodate him. to me this rant is as weak as piss and would love u to front him, but i guess it's tougher to sit from afar and fling crap. obviously your hatred for albury has clouded watever judgement u have

Explain to me why hacking on the Albury bloke has got anything to do with the Fev Circus. Why would you attack someone like this.. He is not to blame for your situation. I originally thought having Fev join our league would be good. But what has happened since has just been a joke. You signed a big recruit who had a suspension hanging over his head, thought you would know the rules about that. You tried everything to get around that issue and the O & M came to the party without consulting any other club. I think they have made the right decision for the league. I think the whole issue has caused a lot of animosity between the clubs. I am looking forward to a great season of footy in the O & M.

he obviously is talking about mackie in a roundabout gutless fashion. im sure if joel had a sentence albury would not have requested a change in the draw to accomodate him. to me this rant is as weak as piss and would love u to front him, but i guess it's tougher to sit from afar and fling crap. obviously your hatred for albury has clouded watever judgement u have

Ok - Yeah agree - no pot shots - Possibly some scars there after Albury's 3peat?:footy:

Waiting for the story to break in regards to the man of the moments antics on the night he trained in regards to a boat! Not everyone associated with the Yarrawonga F C is happy with Fevola

Remove this Banner Ad

Back