Nab cup grand final

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Lynch and Kennedy should line up for Round 1 though. I would almost guarentee that we would simply play Hams for one of the missing bigs and rotate our team around slightly.

Hes simply not ready. I get your meaning though.

Both Lynch and Kennedy should line up for Round 1 though. I would almost guarentee that we would simply play Hams for one of the missing bigs and rotate our team around slightly.

Hes simply not ready. I get your meaning though.

I was fortunate enough to watch Mitch Brown get thrown into the deep end in his first year playing round 1, 2007. He played CHF and played a very good 3 quarters then faded which was no surprise, we beat the Swans in Sydney by 1 point.:D That was when Cox and Embely pulled out late and Cousins was suspended, Kerr and Judd were massive for us. I agree McInnes isn't ready but like Mitch in 2007 maybe we will simply need his type of player for 1>2 games to get Kennedy and Lynch time to come good.

If Kennedy and Lynch are not available round 1 it will be interesting what we do.

Maybe;

Weedon Cox Hams
Embely Darling Nicoski

Hill also get a game against the Dogs as another leading option but plays wing / HFF.

Naitanui and Cox rotate but who helps Darling? Naitanui could play CHF for 5 minutes here or there so maybe Lycett comes in as well. We have 3 rucks rotating through the guts, FF / CHF.

Embely is a decent lead up HFFer, 190cm same as Darling.

Teamsa are out

ADELAIDE
B: G.Johncock, D.Talia, A.Otten
HB: M.Doughty, S.Shaw, B.Smith
C: B.Reilly, S.Thompson, D.Mackay
HF: B.Vince, K.Tippett, J.Petrenko
F: J.Porplyzia, T.Walker, M.Wright
Foll: S.Jacobs, P.Dangerfield, N.van Berlo
Int: R.Sloane, S.McKernan, I.Callinan, R.Henderson
Emerg: M.Jaensch, T.Lynch, S.Kerridge

WEST COAST
B: S.Butler, D.Glass, S.Hurn
HB: B.Waters, W.Schofield, A.Selwood
C: M.Rosa, M.Priddis, A Embley
HF: C. Masten, J.Darling, M.Nicoski
F: J. Hill, D. Cox, A.Hams
Foll: N.Naitanui, S.Selwood, D.Kerr
Int: E. Mackenzie, A.Gaff, P.McGinnity, S.Lycett
Emerg: K.Stevens, L.Shuey, G.Weedon

From what Woosha said - I wouldn't be surprised if Embley and Shuey swapped at half time.

Also of note Hams & Hill seem to have first dibs on the forward pocket role. I daresay Cox will barely venture into the ruck with both NN and Lycett in the team. Either that or Cox will sub out for Lycett at half time

Teamsa are out

ADELAIDE
B: G.Johncock, D.Talia, A.Otten
HB: M.Doughty, S.Shaw, B.Smith
C: B.Reilly, S.Thompson, D.Mackay
HF: B.Vince, K.Tippett, J.Petrenko
F: J.Porplyzia, T.Walker, M.Wright
Foll: S.Jacobs, P.Dangerfield, N.van Berlo
Int: R.Sloane, S.McKernan, I.Callinan, R.Henderson
Emerg: M.Jaensch, T.Lynch, S.Kerridge

WEST COAST
B: S.Butler, D.Glass, S.Hurn
HB: B.Waters, W.Schofield, A.Selwood
C: M.Rosa, M.Priddis, A Embley
HF: C. Masten, J.Darling, M.Nicoski
F: J. Hill, D. Cox, A.Hams
Foll: N.Naitanui, S.Selwood, D.Kerr
Int: E. Mackenzie, A.Gaff, P.McGinnity, S.Lycett
Emerg: K.Stevens, L.Shuey, G.Weedon

From what Woosha said - I wouldn't be surprised if Embley and Shuey swapped at half time.

Also of note Hams & Hill seem to have first dibs on the forward pocket role.

Shuey a emergencey very very odd

I was fortunate enough to watch Mitch Brown get thrown into the deep end in his first year playing round 1, 2007. He played CHF and played a very good 3 quarters then faded which was no surprise, we beat the Swans in Sydney by 1 point.:D That was when Cox and Embely pulled out late and Cousins was suspended, Kerr and Judd were massive for us.

Sidetracked, but that was when Kerr was out on his legs but managed to find another gear and chase down McVeigh, ah watching that moment sends chills up my spine.

Anyway, i like the look of our squad all players incl the emergencies are deserved of a starting 22 spot come Rd 1...Lycett most unlikely to be there, but if Lynch and Kennedy are both still out he might come in, or as mentioned, perhaps Brown.

Adelaide have a fairly inexperienced back 6, i'm hoping we can really pressure them and force mistakes. Should be a good game.

Their forward line looks strong. Glass/Walker match up will be awesome to watch, looking forward to that.

Should be a cracker of a contest, great thing about this game for our youngsters is another game where they are 'in the spotlight', giving them more big game experience.

Going on my pre-season footy camp this weekend in the South-West, not even mobile coverage! Have to stay cut-off from the world during the bus trip home so I can watch it off the hard drive when I get home Sunday night :D

Okay team. Disappointed A Selwood on HBF but he hasnt played many minutes. Really disappointed to see Masto on HFF and Shuey as EMG.

Strong team however. We should win this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch our disposal out of the backline drop with the ball in the hands of Selwood and Waters instead of Stevenson and Wilson.

All three ruckmen in the 22 is very interesting. I expected Lycett to be an emergency.

Strong team, BUT would've preferred Brennan over Adam Selwood. Though he makes up for it in other ways, the latter's disposal sucks big time.
icon8.gif
Don't like to be negative, but .....

Watch our disposal out of the backline drop with the ball in the hands of Selwood and Waters instead of Stevenson and Wilson.

I have no issue with Waters but I think Adam Selwood is really on the edge of being dropped so will be interesting to see how he performs. If the coaches judge any of the other fringe defenders to to be his equal in terms of shutting down players and backline structure surely he will be dropped since all the others have better skills and are faster.

Good team though should be a good game.

Close to our first round lineup. What it does show is that even though we all seem to want Adam Selwood out the coaches think he is a best 18 player. I don't think he is because his kicking is ordinary at best, very few of his kicks go to a teammates advantage, he doesn't do many clanger kicks but continually kicks to the wrong option and sets up his teammates. Beau (like Eric)is different he tends to be more hit or miss, good accurate kicks interspersed with absolute shockers costing us goals (like 1 last week). Even though Beau costs us goals the positives far outweigh the negatives. Beau is actually a good kick but for some reason stuffs up where Adam has a poor technique causing him to kick up and unders.

I would like to see more kids in the 22 to give them the exposure to the big games but with the lack of game time of embley, rosa and co we have to go with them and leave guys like Stevens, Weedon on the bench.

Still too many ball butchers in the backline for me and would like to see another good kick work their way in as the season goes on. Smith has obviously not impressed this preseason because he is not even in the 25, however we do have a host of HB types on our list and we have gone with MID/FWD as our emergencies. The good thing with our HB backups is they are all good kicks with Wilson and Stevenson bordering on Elite and trusted with kicking in duties.

One thing I noticed about last weeks game was that we attacked down the right hand wing almost exclusively, probably due to us mainly having right footers, however, because our forwards (except nicko) are right footers it made the shots for goal more difficult causing us to be very inaccurate. This has to be addressed, either improve our goalkicking or centre the ball more.

I have no issue with Waters but I think Adam Selwood is really on the edge of being dropped so will be interesting to see how he performs. If the coaches judge any of the other fringe defenders to to be his equal in terms of shutting down players and backline structure surely he will be dropped since all the others have better skills and are faster.

Good team though should be a good game.

Its obvious we all have no clue as to how the Coaching Staff see things, I'm no fan of Selwood but if he is in the lineup there is a good reason like he is a good match up for someone.

All three ruckmen in the 22 is very interesting. I expected Lycett to be an emergency.

I'd say it's a mixture of wanting to limit the game time of Cox and Naitanui as well as being somewhat of a replacement for lynch n Kennedy.

Btw, if we win do we get a cup next to our name on here like the geelong supporters do? :)

Sidetracked, but that was when Kerr was out on his legs but managed to find another gear and chase down McVeigh, ah watching that moment sends chills up my spine.

Anyway, i like the look of our squad all players incl the emergencies are deserved of a starting 22 spot come Rd 1...Lycett most unlikely to be there, but if Lynch and Kennedy are both still out he might come in, or as mentioned, perhaps Brown.

Adelaide have a fairly inexperienced back 6, i'm hoping we can really pressure them and force mistakes. Should be a good game.

Yep, Talia and ?? at CHB look vulnerable to say the least, if we press well that back six could be in for a torid evening.:D

I too thought Shuey as an emergency was wierd, then read / remembered that the emergencies can all be used after half time.:thumbsu:

Hams is the pocket to start suggests he will get first crack in round 1, may swap for Weedon in the 2nd half as Weedon's weakness is his ability to run out a game, a fresh Weedon playing on a tiring back pocket could pay dividends.

Cox, Naitanui and Lycett is a good plan, rotate them all through the ruck and deep forward and we won't over play any of them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back