Should we squeal like the crows did

Remove this Banner Ad

Your welcome Tugga, glad that you allowed him to maintain this thread, i mean it is a legitimate question and should be able to be discussed despite you saying it was a stupid thread , at which i am sure you offended Bo. I think a respected poster and veteran of this board who never breaks the rules of abuses anyone does not desrve to be offended but i am sure it was not deliberate.

I am answer to the OP i don't think we need to squeal as walker should go but if they don't do anything i think a quiet word would not go astray, after all its the quiet words that seem to work in this day and age.
Fair point. 'Stupid thread' was a poor choice of words.

To be fair I think tugga is just over all the negativity he has to deal with after a loss.
I am mate. But at the same time, I am one of the three here that is meant to be in control and that wasn't good enough. I should be better than that.
Yes,it's really getting me down at the moment, but that's for me to deal with.Others that are abiding by the rules and have a good track record like Bo, don't need me slagging them off.

Adelaide didn't stand in big Eeeeevvvaaan's way when he made it clear the Tigers was his club of choice did they????...incidently I thought Ivan more than held his own against our guys.
How nice of Adelaide considering they didnt rate or play big Ivan..give us a break!

I am mate. But at the same time, I am one of the three here that is meant to be in control and that wasn't good enough. I should be better than that.
Yes,it's really getting me down at the moment, but that's for me to deal with.Others that are abiding by the rules and have a good track record like Bo, don't need me slagging them off.
Have the rest of the night off Tug ... i'll take over from here :p

Don't stress, you apologised, think we all understand how emotions can get the better of us sometimes. Not enough props to the job you Moderators do in here, week in we always have the preview thread stickied, then the game day, mvp and autopsy thread ready, much more enjoyable to participate in this subforum because of you boys.

I understood the call at the time but i still thought it was wrong, holding the ball fair enough but no reversal for burying his head a bit ridiculous and should get a few weeks everyone saw it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hes a filthy player he does it on numerous occasions without been sighted and has done for a while not just this year,, about time someone stopped him from doing it, if it was jake king or some other player they didn't like it would be guaranteed weeks. but was loving dustys dont' argue where he put bernie vince on his arse.
What are you talking about "numerous times" and "without been sighted".

He's had a sliding incident and one dodgy tackle before this one... both of which he was given a penalty for. Prior to that, he has never been looked at by the MRP.

Walker will get weeks. Douglas will not, Jackson will not.

What are you talking about "numerous times" and "without been sighted".

He's had a sliding incident and one dodgy tackle before this one... both of which he was given a penalty for. Prior to that, he has never been looked at by the MRP.

Walker will get weeks. Douglas will not, Jackson will not.
He should never have played in this week's game. Should have got a week or two from last week against North. I know he didn't but it was all over Melbourne radio this week and everyone was astonished he escaped.
Did you forget that?

He should never have played in this week's game. Should have got a week or two from last week against North. I know he didn't but it was all over Melbourne radio this week and everyone was astonished he escaped.
Did you forget that?
No-one was astonished. What was astonishing was the ridiculous write-ups in the press.
The stuff out of the game vs North happens every week in every game.

No-one was astonished. What was astonishing was the ridiculous write-ups in the press.
The stuff out of the game vs North happens every week in every game.
Do you mean cheap shots of slamming players into the goal post after the play is dead? See it all the time.
Please. Walker is a loose cannon and could have put Morris in a wheelchair. Condone that?
My only issue after the fact is that sides competing with Richmond for a top 8 spot may get to play the crows without Walker. We on the other hand, have to suffer the pain of seeing this goose actually get rewarded by the white rabbit for this disgraceful act. When the mrp will give him 2-3. Just mind boggling.

The guy was in no way hurt - not enough force. You act like incidents where not enough force are rare. It happens every game.
Ok, no worries. Attempted murder is fine. If they don't die you get off.
It's the act, mate, not the result that should be stopped. If we wait for medical reports to decide whether an act is against the rules then someone will get get killed.

Im just saying, the game is over and done with. Let us Adelaide supporters worry about Walker and wether or not he'll get weeks for his incident on Morris, and you worry about the fact that one of your young guns could of been seriously injured, just be thankful that he will be running out on the ground next wekeend.

The MRP will take care of itself

I think walkers intention was to drive morro into the ground but not on his head . Id like to see it again though to really study it.
That shouldn't be any excuse. If a player's intention is to bump the shoulder but he gets the bloke high and gets the jaw, he will be penalised. Regardless of intention, the tackle was dangerous and must be sanctioned. If it isn't then they may as well scrap the sling tackle laws and rough play while they're at it. Text book stuff.

Ok, no worries. Attempted murder is fine. If they don't die you get off.
It's the act, mate, not the result that should be stopped. If we wait for medical reports to decide whether an act is against the rules then someone will get get killed.

Sorry to intrude...

Unfortunately thats not how the MRP works. They do take into account the injury. Thats how Walker got done against Geelong and Buddy got off against Port. Under the current system Walker should be fine. I personally think that the MRP will give him a couple of weeks (unless the AFL don't want to admit the ump got it wrong). I can see how it might be seen as "dangerous" but it definitely wasn't a spear tackle, and Morris definitely didn't land on his head. Two years ago that would have been classed an amazing tackle by nearly all fans and commentators, things have certainly changed.

FWIW, the way the MRP judge things should be based more about the action than the result, but currently that's not how it works, so play on...

Objectively, what would you guys think if one of your players laid a similar tackle? And how many of you come out to say that Nahas was a bad bloke and should have been suspended for his dangerous tackle earlier in the season?

Thought so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back