Should we squeal like the crows did

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he punched someone in the guts. Very soft, and the sook stayed down. But totally unnecessary, yet again.
Off topic, but Jacko's lack of discipline is getting beyond a joke now.

Gotta thank Richmond supporters for this thread. Some really hilarious stuff in here. The bit about Sanderson being charged for bringing the game into disrepute is pure gold.

But in all seriousness I dont care if Walker gets three games, I'm just glad to see the Crows playing with some physicality. We've had 7 years of Neil Craigs soft, clean cut mr fantastics and its nice to see somebody in our list with a bit of mongrel.

Gotta thank Richmond supporters for this thread. Some really hilarious stuff in here. The bit about Sanderson being charged for bringing the game into disrepute is pure gold.

But in all seriousness I dont care if Walker gets three games, I'm just glad to see the Crows playing with some physicality. We've had 7 years of Neil Craigs soft, clean cut mr fantastics and its nice to see somebody in our list with a bit of mongrel.

A couple of degrees away from tragedy. You clowns still don't get it. (including your coach)

A couple of degrees away from tragedy. You clowns still don't get it. (including your coach)

The tackle was reckless and he got three weeks. He really needs to work on this part of his game. You cant blame the coach for Walker's brain fade though. You think Sando really wants his best forward out for three weeks? Your not going to get any sympathy from our players or supporters on this issue. As I've already stated, we've had seven years of playing a soft brand of footy with no aggression or physicality. Under Sando we play a much tougher brand of contested footy....one that actually has us winning games.

The tackle was reckless and he got three weeks. He really needs to work on this part of his game. You cant blame the coach for Walker's brain fade though. You think Sando really wants his best forward out for three weeks? Your not going to get any sympathy from our players or supporters on this issue. As I've already stated, we've had seven years of playing a soft brand of footy with no aggression or physicality. Under Sando we play a much tougher brand of contested footy....one that actually has us winning games.
Not interested in a speech about your brand of footy. Spear tackles don't make you tough.
The coach (Sando) after the game praised the tackle that can put people in wheechairs. That's where I got the bit about "not getting it".

so by what you are suggesting a player who stands at 192cm and weighs 100kg, picking up a player who stands at 183 cm and weighs 83 kg and spear tackles him as playing a much tougher brand of footy ?

so by what you are suggesting a player who stands at 192cm and weighs 100kg, picking up a player who stands at 183 cm and weighs 83 kg and spear tackles him as playing a much tougher brand of footy ?

Spear tackling has no part in footy. Its completely unacceptable. He got three weeks. Fair enough.

When I mention tough footy I'm talking about our players having the will be apply physical pressure and use their body against their opponents. We simply havent had enough of this in recent years. The side effect of Sando introducing this type of footy to our playing group is occasionally somebody taking it too far and laying a stupidly reckless tackle. Walker does this too often and he really needs to pull his head in. I would say the rest of our group are playing tough but fair football which is why I find it a little insulting to see people criticizing our coaching staff and suggesting we are going out there to break necks.

Spear tackling has no part in footy. Its completely unacceptable. He got three weeks. Fair enough.

When I mention tough footy I'm talking about our players having the will be apply physical pressure and use their body against their opponents. We simply havent had enough of this in recent years. The side effect of Sando introducing this type of footy to our playing group is occasionally somebody taking it too far and laying a stupidly reckless tackle. Walker does this too often and he really needs to pull his head in. I would say the rest of our group are playing tough but fair football which is why I find it a little insulting to see people criticizing our coaching staff and suggesting we are going out there to break necks.
As Livonski said though, Sando said it was the perfect tackle... How is almost breaking someones neck the perfect tackle?

I know we get nothing out of this suspension as we have already played them but god its funny reading the crow fans going off on their forum, talks about how they should appeal and hope he only gets 1 week ..... oh man this is hilarious and talk about karma coming back to bite them on their arse over last year. Salty tears on that board.

I'd love to read what our medical report had in it, wonder if there really was a photo of Morris with a neck brace on. :D

my pleasure, funnily enough, commentators on radio this morning said it was absurd for sanderson to say such a thing...I called it early;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Sando" Sanderson said it was a "fantastic" tackle! wtf??? Walker should thank his lucky stars Morris didn't get very seriously injured and that he's looking at 3 weeks suspension instead of regret for the rest of life by crippling his opponent.

It's good to be physical and tackle hard, but leave that type of stuff only belongs in choreographed wrestling matches.

As Livonski said though, Sando said it was the perfect tackle... How is almost breaking someones neck the perfect tackle?

Lets be realistic for a minute, he was commenting on what he saw live from the coaches box. I could understand if he'd watched it 10 times over on video and then made the comment, but that wasn't the case.

It actually looked far worse on the video than it did at normal speed live at the game.

Lets be realistic for a minute, he was commenting on what he saw live from the coaches box. I could understand if he'd watched it 10 times over on video and then made the comment, but that wasn't the case.

It actually looked far worse on the video than it did at normal speed live at the game.

Im pretty sure if he had his time again he wouldnt be quite so effusive on that tackle

Yet Neil Craig got you guys into so many finals. What kind of logic is that? Stupid.

The tweets from Chris whatshisface about appealing for the Taylor Walker suspension is a down-right biased idiot, I've just about had it with Adelaide fans, first their crowd screaming for free kicks at EVERY frickin stoppage, then their whining about the rules, I mean seriously, why would a dump tackle not be dangerous?? Sook city. Suck it up, he did something life-threatening and should be suspended.

Yet Neil Craig got you guys into so many finals. What kind of logic is that? Stupid.

The tweets from Chris whatshisface about appealing for the Taylor Walker suspension is a down-right biased idiot, I've just about had it with Adelaide fans, first their crowd screaming for free kicks at EVERY frickin stoppage, then their whining about the rules, I mean seriously, why would a dump tackle not be dangerous?? Sook city. Suck it up, he did something life-threatening and should be suspended.

Duuuuuuuuuuude

I got dumped right in the middle of them at the game, they way they carried on made me sick and wishing I lived in Melbourne, pack a ****ing morons, I can only remember one supporter that was being rational and calling things fair otherwise everything was a free kick.

Reading you're post, it's full of miss information and not worth replying to.

Love how adelaide have created a direct link to their board for updates on this thread, not surprising they wanna hear it first for some sense on all things football and rejoice on that fantastic tackle......boy am i glad my old man saw the light back in '65 and left peasantville for the land of milk and honey...ill be forever grateful

Love how adelaide have created a direct link to their board for updates on this thread, not surprising they wanna hear it first for some sense on all things football and rejoice on that fantastic tackle......boy am i glad my old man saw the light back in '65 and left peasantville for the land of milk and honey...ill be forever grateful

The stupid thing is they had the same attitude at the game smug arrogant believing there own hypocrisy, I had one Guy behind me say when Rance missed a hand pass that it was deliberate, I turned and laughed then he started carrying on saying it should have been, the pass was so shit over and over, I had some old lady crows supporter telling him to shutup sitting next to me, it actually made me really think another visit to Aami.

I don't know, I'm. All for friendly rivalry but most of the crowed was pathetic.

Thread has gone off topic.
To the Crows fans posting here, remember you are doing so as a guest and while you will be, and have been, given every opportunity to reply and put your case forward, slagging off our club or its players will not be tolerated.
Everyone needs to get back on topic rather than making gross generalisations about each club.
Everyone also needs to go back to playing the ball, not the man (no any direct correlation to Taylor Walker intended:D )

Fair call ...... Sanderson saw it once and without replay. he called it as he saw it.
Sadly, the umpire called it another way too and has been made to look silly!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back