Post your ride...

Remove this Banner Ad

My 1968 BSA for riding to the shops on.

2451163-ntt5.jpg

My next project is tracking down and restoring a 1950's BSA road bike.

2451165-fm8v.jpg

I bought this and I don't even have a bike for it...

retro style l like.l have a second mountain bike l brought for riding around on to and from the gym/shops/bike trails etc.l will get a better ride one day when l workout what to get.

I hear the seat needs to be binned and the tyres are pretty and useless

u hear correct. the seat is just s**t. tried it once, threw it away afterwards. they're raised along the centre of the seat (from back to front) and cuts off circulation to the vitals in the area.

wheels are OK, but certainly can do better if you want speed

I fell and put a dent in the allu top bar of my ride :( I fear that might be the end of the road for her.

Meanwhile I'm getting the old steel Colnago out of the garage from underneath a archaeologic layer of dust.

628d057d_colnago.jpg

or rebuild my ONCE Giant...

GiantONCE5.jpg

I'll probably be handing you drinks then......
the volunteers that come out at events eg Busso 70.3 and Ironman are amazing. It makes for a long couple of days for what a free shirt and free feed. So cheers if you did. And look forward to seeing you again (hint I am the slow moving big dude chasing his wife)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah havent done it yet, but as a local, go to spectate each year.

Usually have a few friends doing it, but love the event and the spectacle that it is. Figured this year I would get involved and help out where possible. The ride goes through the tuart forrest which is where i live.

Sounds like your wife is one to watch then?

Nah havent done it yet, but as a local, go to spectate each year.

Usually have a few friends doing it, but love the event and the spectacle that it is. Figured this year I would get involved and help out where possible. The ride goes through the tuart forrest which is where i live.

Sounds like your wife is one to watch then?
she came 2nd overall in the summer tri series for her category but busso is where everybody comes out to play. Why not get a team together and do the ride for the 70.3. Cannot be hard to find a decent swimmer and someone who can do a half marathon. You can do 2 stints yourself if you like. I am looking just to finish (anywhere but in the ER and no dnf)

Nah, after breaking my ankle and having surgery, im now 3 years without any exercise. Slowly getting back into some sort of routine, but there is a lot of weight to take off. I used to train 6 days a week, but now i am down to only being able to cycle, and even then im not much more than 30kms at a time just now.

Planning on getting that up pretty quickly though. Hoping that by the time of the ironman i will be able to do some rides of that sort of distance at a leisurely pace, but certainly not quick enough to make me want to be out there.

70.3 fills up pretty fast these days doesnt it?

Nah, after breaking my ankle and having surgery, im now 3 years without any exercise. Slowly getting back into some sort of routine, but there is a lot of weight to take off. I used to train 6 days a week, but now i am down to only being able to cycle, and even then im not much more than 30kms at a time just now.

Planning on getting that up pretty quickly though. Hoping that by the time of the ironman i will be able to do some rides of that sort of distance at a leisurely pace, but certainly not quick enough to make me want to be out there.

70.3 fills up pretty fast these days doesnt it?
very fast. But if you are intersted let me know. Might be able to find you a slot amongst our tri team. It is a great ride and not challenging as such. With teams esp there is no hero thing just do your best. Might be a good goal to get the trainer going over the cold winter, drop the pounds, build the strength and smash it. For me I am working on the ride but the swim is what scares me the most. To me the ride is the break between the fear of drowning and the pain of the run. In the end it is not about speed or time but having a crack. Regardless look fwd to rehydrating post event with you if we can

Cheers for that. Really appreciate it. I'm going to slowly see how the progress goes, but may look more into the teams option for next year. I'd say unlikely, but if there is still a possibility down the track, it may be the incentive the wife needs to let me buy a bike. Currently on a flat bar, but posted in the bike buying thread about options for a road bike.

Cheers again. If nothing else, would love to follow your progress through it all.

It really is superb. So stiff and fast and really quite light and great when the road goes up. I do up to 400kms a week and i have had very few problems !! highly recommend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back