Old School Ice Creams

Remove this Banner Ad

Picture7-3.png
Heres another one, streets Zipp

I thought it was a "Cyclone" or something similar?

Does anyone remember the KISS ice cream? They were around for a short time in 1980, the year they first toured Australia (played @ VFL Park & SCG) Tasted terrible, but as I was a member of the KISS army at the time, I felt compelled to keep buying them until they were discontinued. :oops:

KISS Ice Cream 1980, PETERS (& PAULS in W.A)
Fact: Released in Australia, these Ice Creams were sold in a box or seperately. Each box had a mini-biography of each member, including Eric who had just replaced Peter Criss. And the wrappers themselves were black and featured a red logo and members faces. The ice blocks themseleves? Lemonade, Raspberry and Grape flavour in case you were wondering.

4182775515_798c6c73fa.jpg

food_ice-cream-new.jpg

^^ bigtime!

I didnt like KISS but loved all the merchandise..i had the cards then the dolls then other assorted junk..and i made sure mum always bought the kiss ice cream for a while.

At school in the mid 80s we used to have this ice cream called "poska" and it was two flavours, bannana and vanilla. The bannana ones were awesome.

But i could never find them anywhere except at school which made me think they were just made to be sold at schools.

^^ bigtime!

I didnt like KISS but loved all the merchandise..i had the cards then the dolls then other assorted junk..and i made sure mum always bought the kiss ice cream for a while.

I would spend pretty much all my pocket money on KISS cards. Terrible gum, but I just had to complete that poster on the back! I wound up making almost 3 full posters by the time I collected enough cards to put together the first one. :oops:

As for the ice block, the grape flavour was truly disgusting...but It didn't stop me. :p

I can't remember the flavours. The cards were great..what a great time to be collecting cards..we had all sorts of cards. Buck Rogers, Dallas, KISS, Scalens footy cards, Scanlens cricket cards, mork and mindy cards, poptops cards featuring aussie rock groups of the time. Gee it was great.

I can't remember the flavours. The cards were great..what a great time to be collecting cards..we had all sorts of cards. Buck Rogers, Dallas, KISS, Scalens footy cards, Scanlens cricket cards, mork and mindy cards, poptops cards featuring aussie rock groups of the time. Gee it was great.

Ah good times..spent many a recess/lunch time playing flicks against the wall at school with the Scanlens footy cards. I had won quite a collection by the end of grade 6. Wish I still had them now. :(

I have a whole shoe box full of footy cards from the 80's, Raiders of the Lost Ark cards, Return of the Jedi cards, all sorts of cricket cards, it's one of the few things that has survived my childhood. I've also got three years worth of completed cricket sticker albums.

I have a whole shoe box full of footy cards from the 80's, Raiders of the Lost Ark cards, Return of the Jedi cards, all sorts of cricket cards, it's one of the few things that has survived my childhood. I've also got three years worth of completed cricket sticker albums.

Yeah i have kept mine as well. My favs are the 1980-81 Cricket series, the ones with autographed cards, the 81 VFL/RL cards (the 82 series sucked..i mean green border/box and shitty portrait shots as well) and the raiders cards. Actually i would say the ROTLA cards are my all time favs. I have the RL cards from 79-82 and then the sticker albums that replaced the cards for about 3 years. By 1986 my card collecting days were over. At that stage i do remember Neighbours and YTT released cards as well.

I do remember waiting and waiting for the new season cards to come out to be confronted with stickers and an album and going DA FAQ IS THIS s**t..CANT EVEN PLAY FLICKS WITH THESE STICKERS..but all was forgotten when i got my first foil sticker...a gold framed action shot of AB.

The ardoma cards were first released around the same time they released the WSC version. So you had two sets of australia, the WSC squad and the official shitty one.

They had them for a while too! I do remember them as well..for some reason Graham Yallop was the card i always got when i bought a packet of ardoma cards

'member the kanga cricket cards? I think they came out around 82.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh how could i forgot the red jedi cards!

Loved the empire cards better i think.

Did Battle-star galactica have a series as well?

Oh how could i forgot the red jedi cards!

Loved the empire cards better i think.

Did Battle-star galactica have a series as well?
We were an ABC only family as a kid, stupid well intentioned parents, so Battlestar Galactica wasn't a big thing for us. I don't have many Empire Strikes Back cards left, we moved from Perth to Adelaide in 1981 and they disappeared en route.

I've got a couple of sets of the Ardmona cricket from 79/80 and 80/81, I guess we must have considered tinned fruit an acceptable desert as kids, it's little wonder I head straight for the cheese board these days.

Tinned Ardmona cubed peach & pear with neapolitan ice cream if your parents were rich.

We were an ABC only family as a kid, stupid well intentioned parents, so Battlestar Galactica wasn't a big thing for us. I don't have many Empire Strikes Back cards left, we moved from Perth to Adelaide in 1981 and they disappeared en route.

I just called my mum and demanded to know what the * ever happened to all my footy, cricket & KISS cards!

Back on topic, does anyone remember the 6 Million Dollar Man ice cream?

SMDMad-707910.jpg

Yeah what's with the extra 2 cents? They were 5 or 10 cents! I don't remember that ice cream as it was a couple of years before i got into TV.

Cool Sharks. I am sure they have been mentioned somewhere..the shark wore ray bans in the ad and i am sure the blue icy pole type shaped shark also had specs!

"Phwoah you are rich, you have neapolitan ice cream!" was what my friends would say when mum served the ice cream. hahah neapolitan ice cream being what rich people ate..hahahahahaha!

"Phwoah you are rich, you have neapolitan ice cream!" was what my friends would say when mum served the ice cream. hahah neapolitan ice cream being what rich people ate..hahahahahaha!

It's true though, our parents made a lot less money that what we do these days. I remember my dad earned $42 a week and mum made $28 working the same hours. Mum reckoned she could do a big grocery shop for under $15.

Just the other day after dinner the misses served the kids Drumstick ice creams for desert and they just turned their noses up at them. She looked at me and said something along the lines of...when I was a kid you were rich if you had neapolitan in a cone...you were millionares if you had Drumsticks.

Kids these days have no idea just how good they have it.

My parents didn't earn a lot either, still had to pay the mortgage and what not. But my parents never drank and smoked like the rest of my mates parents, so what they didnt spend on booze/beer and schmokes they spend on treats or paying off the bills. Also my mum was into cooking with fresh produce which back then cost a lot less. Also back then when i went to my mates house for the day the mum always bought 2 bucks worth of chips and potato scallops and a loaf of bread and that was lunch.

these days kids want nothing but maccas for lunch which costs a shitload if you are feeding 4 hungry boys.

On the other hand, my mother told me that her first mortgage was 23k, she couldn't understand why I started weeping.

My dad was offered a 5 bedroom Victorian terrace in paddo in Sydney in 1976 for 19k!!! My mum didn't want it as she wanted a nice house out in the sticks. To this day i weep as that terrace would be worth a couple of mil now.

Same as my wife. Her dad owned two massive terraces on Bridge St Richmond in the mid 80s and sold them as his wife wanted to invest in the outer burbs. He kicks himself these days at the thoughbt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back