hodge ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 10, 2000
melbourne (saints)
grant thomas will leave all the draft choices to john beveridge this year. he said the club had missed out on a lot of players that beveridge had suggested because previous coaches over ruled him to get what they considered a certain type of footballer.

our first pick in the draft will be ball or hodge depending on who hawthorn take. as it is fairly certain that the hawks will take ball that leaves us with hodge. the club have had bone density tests on judd so obviously they are also thinking about him with our next pick, if he is still available.

has anyone got an info on hodge? how does he compare to ball and judd etc.

Beveridge has been ignored for the last few years & has been made to look like he's not doing his job properly- FACT is that he's recommended gun players for others sides and been over-ruled by Alves, Watson & yes Blight in recent times. I think if that's the case (where did you hear that anyway), then it is excellent news.

Originally posted by StrengthThroughLoyalty

our first pick in the draft will be ball or hodge depending on who hawthorn take. as it is fairly certain that the hawks will take ball that leaves us with hodge. the club have had bone density tests on judd so obviously they are also thinking about him with our next pick, if he is still available.

has anyone got an info on hodge? how does he compare to ball and judd etc.

Are you certain we will go for Hodge definitely?

As for the tests done on Judd, what exactly is that? To see how his shoulders will be? Or just a general stress on whether his body is up to the rigours of footy?

I think I'd prefer to go for Hodge over ball anyway. He'll play seniors straight away- is physically a man already & can play midfield or up forward. Towering left foot kick (60m+), quick & strong overhead. He is a matchwinner.

The Falcons coach said Hodge is easily the best midfielder available including Ball- just his groin injury slowed him down this year before ending the year absolutely dominating.

Hodge for mine.

I was told from someone involved with Football Geelong that Hodge is rated one of the best young kids they have ever seen.

As for John Beveridge, I reckon it's about time some faith was shown in him. Why have a recruiting manager that spends all year watching youngsters around the country when a senior coach overrules him.

Even last year after selections 1 and 2, our next pick wasn't until 64 so he hardly had a chance to do much. He'll have an excellent opportunity to get some great kids into the club.

You'd reckon if we did take Hodge, the Eagles would take Polak and the Dockers Sampi which would leave Judd to us but I guess we don't know how the clubs are feeling.

Are you certain we will go for Hodge definitely?

As for the tests done on Judd, what exactly is that? To see how his shoulders will be? Or just a general stress on whether his body is up to the rigours of footy?

I think I'd prefer to go for Hodge over ball anyway. He'll play seniors straight away- is physically a man already & can play midfield or up forward. Towering left foot kick (60m+), quick & strong overhead. He is a matchwinner.

The Falcons coach said Hodge is easily the best midfielder available including Ball- just his groin injury slowed him down this year before ending the year absolutely dominating.

Hodge for mine.
*. Good call campaigner!

I was told from someone involved with Football Geelong that Hodge is rated one of the best young kids they have ever seen.

As for John Beveridge, I reckon it's about time some faith was shown in him. Why have a recruiting manager that spends all year watching youngsters around the country when a senior coach overrules him.

Even last year after selections 1 and 2, our next pick wasn't until 64 so he hardly had a chance to do much. He'll have an excellent opportunity to get some great kids into the club.

You'd reckon if we did take Hodge, the Eagles would take Polak and the Dockers Sampi which would leave Judd to us but I guess we don't know how the clubs are feeling.
If only the Eagles DID take Polak or Sampi at 3, then Dockers Sampi or Polak at 4...... Judd :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you'd told me that our picks 2 & 5 would be the ones that would have injury issues & retire prematurely, & that picks 13 & 37 would play 300 games

Get off the sauce!

And Dal & Joey careers far superior to Ball & X. But Ball in 04/05 looked like he could've been anything. Injuries really ****ed him....poor X had talent to burn but was made of glass

A history lesson this post. At least 16 years of the club farting around and still no premiership. Hodge, Ball and Judge all go on to be premiership players. Oh well..and I have yet to win tattslotto

8 clubs have feasted on those 17 flags, which includes greedy campaigners such as the Lions winning 3, Cats 3, Hawks 4 & Swans 2 flags. Port, Pies, Eagles & Dogs a measly 1. AFL powerhouses Blues, Bombers, Tigers & Crows zero flags. The campaigners aren't easy to win & we were so close & could've had 2. Such is life.

8 clubs have feasted on those 17 flags, which includes greedy campaigners such as the Lions winning 3, Cats 3, Hawks 4 & Swans 2 flags. Port, Pies, Eagles & Dogs a measly 1. AFL powerhouses Blues, Bombers, Tigers & Crows zero flags. The campaigners aren't easy to win & we were so close & could've had 2. Such is life.
Imagine Judd & Bartel over Ball & X.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I'm still tossing and turning in bed each night wondering why Lyon didn't play Maxy over Dawson...oh wait it was the bum buddy factor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back