Autopsy Rd 11 Vent thread Carlton vs ... some team

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are a soft s**t team... how about you **** off and support Essendon then...

Negative Moos like you are part of the reason why some people dont want to support us
Soft and s**t would be how I would describe that effort as well to be fair.

We lack mental toughness so much at the moment when we are under pressure... Goal kicking inaccuracy is also a major part of why we keep bloody losing very winnable games.

Piss poor effort from that Goal Umpire not reviewing that Gartlett goal. Whilst the game may not have still played out the same to what happened, still was a crucial goal that has had a huge impact. Surely he will questioned during the week. If we have this damn review system, use it when the bloody decision is 50/50. If the evidence one way or another is not conclusive, THEN go with the goal umpires judgement. It was clearly a goal and his incompetence has altered the outcome of the game...

For a change the field umpires were terrific tonight. A few dodgy calls here and there, but overall let the game go and it made it so much better to watch. More of that every week.

Waite terrific tonight up forward, though we looked for him to often after HT. Henderson equally impressive down back. What a gun he is.

Thought Army and Curnow did terrific tagging roles tonight, and Cachia held Watson accountable when he went into the mids.

Plenty of positives to take out, but some serious things to work on if we are going to push far into any final series.

I don't want to have to try and extract positives from tonights game - I wanted the 4 points. I will take solace in the fact that Daniher has no left foot, and is generally a shite kick. He'll be a decent player, but has a very, very long way to go. And Hurley is officially overrated - not much of a forward, and merely a serviceable backman. Bloody Carlisle was magnificent though and was literally the difference.

I don't want to keep potting Lucas, but I'm not a fan. The passage of play immediately prior to his missing that running shot from 10ms out, he handed the ball back to Essendon just outside our centre 50m arc leading to their run on and a goal. Arguably sparking their comeback, and costing us 24 points in a couple of minutes play. I don't mean to hold him accountable for the loss, but when you're given the licence to play exclusively outside, you must have very good disposal skills and use the ball that your teammates earned through hard fought, contested possessions with precision. I think Mick will look to replace him with Thomas.

Don't like beating on one player but Lucas really needs to get used to some physical contact.
In the tough, physical encounters when matters, he gets found out

how much longer will carlton supporters have to put up with this crap? should have been 10 goals in front in the 3rd qtr but poor skills, bad kicking for goal let essendon back in it. what is the excuse this time? still learning malthouse game plan? absolute bull. anothet choke job by a soft, mentally weak team.

Whats the point in dominating around the ground if we cant score? All we were doing for the first half was destroying them through the midfield, while still creating enough belief that the scum could win. Scoreboard ******* pressure.
Pros - Waite and Casboult
We dominated the inside 50s in the first quarter from memory. And trailed at quarter time.

The bummers flooded our forward line making it hard to pick out a decent pass into our forwards and then when they try and clear the ball it comes out to a blues player and that was basically the gist of the first and third quarters... and even most of the last quarter.

When we managed to get our runs and angles working in the second quarter, they couldnt touch us... so they go back to playing a flood.

What we should have done is slowed things right down and just chipped it around the 50 playing keepings off and try and open them up that way. However, the boys wanted to play at a million miles an hour and blazed it long into the forward line and every time it got cut off.

Pathetic!!!!

same old same with this team...

Beat up on the s**t.... GWS Melb etc

Drop a game to an easy beat..... Stkilda

Get found out against top sides......Coll Geel Ess

Fed up with it.

FFS WILL SOMEONE KICK BARKER OUT OF OUR CLUB, WHAT HAS HE DONE???? JACK AND s**t.

Forwards who can't kick, Poor leading and positioning.

I50 entries were atrocious tonight.

Scotland, Robbo Lucas and more just kick to nothing inside 50 and create turnovers.

Backline did the best they could, in the end it was all too much.

WHY WAS YARRAN THE ********* SUB???

heck im angry...and hate losing to these cheating ******** turds

Just wasted too many chances all night long. Costly misses which would of buried them. But in the typical calrton way we miss to many shots and tonight it cost us the game.

Henderson should really have kicked the ball over yarrans head and let him run onto it. Like get it out of the 50 dont chip it to a 1 on 1. But Yarran's contest was weak and pathetic.

Just gutted now, I'm annoyed about that Garlett decision but that was the first quarter we had so many chances to bury them and we didn't. Lucas, Judd and Kreuzer in the 3rd quarter were massive misses. They practically went down the other ends and scored goals after those costly misses.

I thought we had them after Casbolts goal at the start of the last but gee whizz, we lose the unlosable.

Have to face facts we are a middle of the road team, while we have been in every game to be a good team we have to win these sorta games. Just guttered way to ruin my long weekend Carlton :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing, but I'm pretty confident the team will learn from it.

Biggest concern is that Waite kicked 7 of our 10 goals.

Got to find a way to score goals when the oppositions backline shuts down the space for our speedy guys.

Gibbs was good, bit of a lone hand actually getting it out of the clearances.

Backline was good until all the space opened up on the last quarter.

Tags seemed effective, but didn't hurtEssendon going the other way.

Maybe Simpson's most consistent game.

3rd quarter. Stopped running. Waite still getting plenty of it, defensive side of the wing. WTF? Kreuze became the target in the forward line - 3rd or 4th at the ball and looked to punch from behind.

Apart from GWS we haven't played 4 quarter football. Tonight we played 2.5 quarters of good footy and the scum made better use of their 1.5.

Should Yarran been sub? Was Robbo injured? He had no acceleration or stamina.

Good to see Waite and Cas take some grabs but our strength has been the small mobile forward line and our structure didn't look like that. Is the process experimenting with the game plan?

We needed this win as the first of 4 tough games. Hate the scum. Hate losing.

Line in the sand game next week.

What happened to Henderson???

1st half he looked unstoppable, marking everything that went into essendon's 50.
2nd half, he just looked sooo tentative

Amazing what pressure can do....

Got taken away from the play when he was moved to Carlisle. .. Jammo cracked a little under the pressure and lost his feet a little too often, still had a decent game though. ..

Whole team played well but couldn't convert early and cost us. .. Another moment running into an open goal and missing before the opposition sparking a run on. .. Could have been the nail in the coffin but plenty of other chances for that too. ..

Couple that with Garlett, 'non' goal and we really did get unlucky really, tight match and we didn't get the rub of the green on occasions. .. Curnow extremely unlucky to get that sliding free late. ..

Opposition supporters that have come in here for some amusement better go and unlike the negative posts they have liked. It's as good as trolling and I will be taking names and issuing infractions. BigFooty has made it clear this is not acceptable.

Feel so sick. Had our chances, 31 points up and not winning in the third quarter is pretty poor. Missed easy shots and they got too many through the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back