Preview 2024 Rd 11 Carlton vs Gold Coast Saturday 25th May 1:45PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
A.Saad, L.Cowan, L.Fogarty

OUT: C.Durdin (Omitted), M.Pittonet (Finger), C.Marchbank (Managed)

Backs:Adam SaadJacob WeiteringLachie Cowan
Half-backs:Brodie KempMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Zac WilliamsHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Orazio FantasiaCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollAlex Cincotta
Lachie FogartyGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Jaxon BinnsCorey DurdinLewis Young

Last edited:
Saturday cant come quick enough.

Looking forward to how they respond
Coming down with my younger son (25), will be our first game this year. Going to be a real arm wrestle, I think. Motts and Saady should play, by the sound of it. Maybe Fog, although may need another week.
My changes at this stage would be, Motts for Durds. Saad for Marchy and hopefully Fog for Fanta. Cowan needs to be promoted and TDK needs a spell. Was very poor against Swannies.

That is a further backward step,we elect to sign TDK up and not play him in the ruck, just ridiculous, he is being wasted in his current role.
Pitto is a back/crash ruck who has no flexibility to play any other role.
Just when we thought the two ruck setup was fine. Now, not so much. TDK was poor against Swans, but then again he does seem to really enjoy the extra responsibility that comes with being a sole ruck.
Good point you make is, that at least Tom can play forward. Pitt when not in ruck, has to sit on the pine.
Witts did not play this weekend, not sure on his current status. Think he must be injured. If he is not picked, would lean to picking TDK to battle young Ned Moyle and leave Pitt out. Harry has shown this year that he can relief ruck, no problem.

Just when we thought the two ruck setup was fine. Now, not so much. TDK was poor against Swans, but then again he does seem to really enjoy the extra responsibility that comes with being a sole ruck.
Good point you make is, that at least Tom can play forward. Pitt when not in ruck, has to sit on the pine.
Witts did not play this weekend, not sure on his current status. Think he must be injured. If he is not picked, would lean to picking TDK to battle young Ned Moyle and leave Pitt out. Harry has shown this year that he can relief ruck, no problem.
They managed Witts. Expect him to play this week.

As such, I would probably keep Pitto in this week, then leave him out against Port

A simple must win game. All the pressure on us to bounce back from Friday night, with how even the 8 is, it might aswell be for 8 points.

Personally, I'd give Saad another week. 5 day turnaround till Port game, 6 weeks out with a hammy. Factor in the number of repeat soft tissue injuries we've had already, not worth the risk.
I agree. Go with Cowan Fogarty and maybe Motlop as well. Motlop dan start as sub or be subbed off for someone in the last.

Hewett to tag Anderson and lock him up (he’s very important to their scoring chains)
Cripps to go head to head with Rowell. Cripps should win this battle.
Pitto v Witt’s will be a strong battle. With TDK chipping in to make sure he earns it around the ground. Pitto should win this battle.
GC will try and sit someone on Walsh. Maybe Tuok Miller. And Walsh needs to be accountable for him the other way. He got destroyed on the weekend. We gave Sydney’s mids no credit. They tagged our stronger bodies and we left their alone.
Interesting is the GC stronger bodies are their better mids so they’ll have to go head to head.
We can afford to drop a tall out of our backline if weiters gets up. Hopefully marchbank but Voss seems to love him way too much.
I’m hoping Motlop can come on for Durdin and Fogarty can come in for Carroll or Williams.
Williams for sub imo. Motlop Williams fog need assisted game time with the 5 day break into port.

Hewett to tag Anderson and lock him up (he’s very important to their scoring chains)
Cripps to go head to head with Rowell. Cripps should win this battle.
Pitto v Witt’s will be a strong battle. With TDK chipping in to make sure he earns it around the ground. Pitto should win this battle.
GC will try and sit someone on Walsh. Maybe Tuok Miller. And Walsh needs to be accountable for him the other way. He got destroyed on the weekend. We gave Sydney’s mids no credit. They tagged our stronger bodies and we left their alone.
Interesting is the GC stronger bodies are their better mids so they’ll have to go head to head.
We can afford to drop a tall out of our backline if weiters gets up. Hopefully marchbank but Voss seems to love him way too much.
I’m hoping Motlop can come on for Durdin and Fogarty can come in for Carroll or Williams.
Williams for sub imo. Motlop Williams fog need assisted game time with the 5 day break into port.
Interesting about Walsh being more accountable.
I heard Voss ripped into him after the Collingwood game
Quote you had one flipping job in the last quarter Daicos 15 possessions and goal

We need to not only win but hopefully win well as we have the worst % of any of the top 12 teams.

We are leaking way too many goals and also never seem to blow lowly teams away.

With such a tight Top 10 then % is going to be the difference between making Top 4 or even playing finals at all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's all true - but the way things are going at the moment with injuries id be more than happy with a one point win

Cinc in the guts sounds good to me
Cinc has the potential to be our best "Mt Fixit" man

1. Lock down a dangerous small fwd
2. Lock down on a dangerous mid
3. Lock down on a running HB and/or provide pressure and contest in our F50

In fact, I would've wanted Cowan to have kept his spot in the side, Marchbank to keep playing 2nds and Cinc to play either Durdin or Fantasia's role

But hey, let's not get too imaginative...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we're officially in the bottom 4 for Points Against this year... I think that tells you everything you need to know about how we're travelling.

Gold Coast will smash us on the outside and win this game comfortably, I will honestly be shocked if we win. Feels like this ship is going to be extremely difficult to turn around.

Id say pack up shop. 2024 is toast. Put away our players for a good run at next year. We’re so far off the pace.

Out: Durdin TDK owies Williams Weitering marchbank Cincotta hollands
In: Motlop Fogarty Moir saad Wilson Binns Akuei lemmy

Out: baby, bathwater
In: overreactions, histrionics

Last edited:
So we're officially in the bottom 4 for Points Against this year... I think that tells you everything you need to know about how we're travelling.

Gold Coast will smash us on the outside and win this game comfortably, I will honestly be shocked if we win. Feels like this ship is going to be extremely difficult to turn around.

I think we beat the Suns and comfortably

We need to not only win but hopefully win well as we have the worst % of any of the top 12 teams.

We are leaking way too many goals and also never seem to blow lowly teams away.

With such a tight Top 10 then % is going to be the difference between making Top 4 or even playing finals at all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wasn't it awesome last year when we won games by 50+ points for about a month?

Started with this mob after a really shitty first quarter...

How do you change your username? The team needs the torquaypizzaguy once more.

Delivery to eds place again? Who’s keen for some extra sauce and hard ball get?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oh come on...

I can see us losing if we put up that same effort on Friday against the Swans... but I doubt we will be that lethargic again.

For every other game, we've at the very least been very difficult to beat.

We've been up against teams that can score heavily more than anyone else I'd say too. We played the Cats when they were at their peak, same as the Swans and the Giants who are 3 of the top 4 points for teams... The Crows couldn't miss against us either...

There's only 3 teams in the top 10 points for that we haven't played, ironically enough, Gold Coast are one of those 3 but that's mostly off the back of the Cats game which should be considered an anomaly imo.

Not saying we've been great defensively, but just saying we've been under the pump with a very unsettled back line and midfield.

We should be getting Saad and Motlop back. With a bit of very overdue luck, Weiters pulls up well and Fog comes back too to remind them all how to tackle.

OUT: DURDIN, Fanta, Marchbank, Carroll
IN: Cowan, Fog, Saad, Motlop

Kemp, Weiters, Newman
Boyd, Gov, Saad
Ollie, Cripps, Acres
Elijah, McKay, Motlop
Owies, Charlie, Fogarty
Pitto, Walsh, Kennedy
TDK, Cowan, Cincotta, Williams
SUB: Hewett

Cowan and Cincotta to get a rotation in the middle. They have both shown something in the 2's playing there and should inject some much needed pace and tackle pressure. I'm done with Hewett and Kennedy in there at the same time along with Cripps its becoming evident they just can't keep up over the course of a full game.

Need to shut Flanders down. Fog and/or Williams would be the players I go to for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back