Preview 2024 Rd 10 Carlton v Sydney Friday 17th May 7:40PM AEST @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN:
Jack Carroll, Orazio Fantasia, Caleb Marchbank, Zac Williams
OUT: Adam Cerra (hamstring), Matthew Cottrell (foot), Jack Martin (calf), Lachie Cowan

Round 10 team v Sydney
Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringAlex Cincotta
Half-backs:Caleb MarchbankMitch McGovernNic Newman
Centreline:Zac WilliamsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Ollie HollandsTom De KoningElijah Hollands
Forwards:Harry McKayCharlie CurnowMatthew Owies
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshMatthew Kennedy
Interchange:Jordan BoydJack CarrollOrazio Fantasia
Corey DurdinGeorge Hewett
Emergencies:Lachlan CowanJaxon BinnsLewis Young

Cheers.

I'm not after compliments or anything. It's just that each week, it gets one or two likes from the same people and doesn't get referred to much in analysis discussion, so I started to think I was being a bit presumptious by posting them. It's good that enough people still want to see them to make it worthwhile.

I'm a stats nerd at times, so I like doing it.
I'm lazy, so your work every week gives a great insight into opposition lists, and a reflection point on where we're at relative to others.

Binns has only been developed as a wingman in the VFL. Calling for him to come in simply because he is going really well in that role is fine but there is no wing spot available.

There's defence, onball and half forward spots available.

Binns isn't getting a game because he has not been developed in any of these positions. Perhaps that's an issue with our development.

The more positions your players can play the more depth you have. The more chance a fringe player like Binns has when it comes to getting a game as well. It's that simple. Our coaching group need to have a good think about this.

Our lack of utilities is not recruiting, it's player development.

Binns has been dominating his primary position. He should have a secondary position like half forward. Same as Kemp, although injuries have taken the opportunity to develop him in another position hard.

I think it may be back and forth game but eventually one style will take over. Sydney will have the advantage in transition, something of a weakness for us defensively. With their KPP outs we will have the advantage in key targets inside 50.

We should be able to win the contest as that's our strength, what happens after that is key. If we fall into our habit of poor inside 50s they will transition very quickly and slice us up. If we can properly capitalise on stoppage dominance and get good looks inside 50 we should be far too strong for them.

So for us is making the most of possession and not wasting kicks forward is crucial. It's a habit we have at times and I think it will decide this game one way or the other.

I'm keen to see Binns get a full game, even on the bench, but not this week in Sydney.

Cotters will be missing for some time, if Oli's 4 quarter impact remains low then VFLhim, give Binns(very similar body size to Hollands) a couple of full games and 'manage' some mids after the bye.

It's the only way to prove any poster, right or wrong.

Given Bamboo's assessment on Binns having watched him in the VFL he seems a bit of a way off, which I assume is the reason Ollie is still playing even though he's been somewhat under whelming.

A case of the club knows best I guess.

I'm actually quite confident that we'll win tonight, we seem to have the Swans measure of late, similar to how we have vs the Dees.

The Swans are a hard team to beat, especially at home, but if we bring the efforts and intensity like we did in the first half against the Dees - we are pretty hard to stop.

The Swans have no defense against our twin tower.
So we just have to mix it up with finding other alternatives and bomb it in - I can see our twin towers with 6+ goals between them

Let's go Baggers!!!

Us by 8 points :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Friday Night Lights with a roast & 27 beers, this is gunna be a ripper!!

As others have said, we match up pretty well with this lot.

Their back 6 is missing a couple & hopefully we can expose them.

If we can get it into our 50 & keep it in there, we’re a real show.

If it starts coming out quick on the turnover, we’re in strife.

Pressure, pressure, pressure.

Baggers by 95.😎👍

No artsy fartsy numb3rs

the entire footy world expects us to lose tonight, especially given our injuries and I hope like hell we come out all guns blazing and are super aggressive with both our ball movement and our physicality around the pill and really shock them.. Role the dice boys, hit hard, take the aggressive kick and see what happens!

the entire footy world expects us to lose tonight, especially given our injuries and I hope like hell we come out all guns blazing and are super aggressive with both our ball movement and our physicality around the pill and really shock them.. Role the dice boys, hit hard, take the aggressive kick and see what happens!
I think Voss would have got them to look inwards and focus on the Swans game
Us against the critics, next man up sort of thing

I can't wait!

Friday Night Lights with a roast & 27 beers, this is gunna be a ripper!!

As others have said, we match up pretty well with this lot.

Their back 6 is missing a couple & hopefully we can expose them.

If we can get it into our 50 & keep it in there, we’re a real show.

If it starts coming out quick on the turnover, we’re in strife.

Pressure, pressure, pressure.

Baggers by 95.😎👍
Only 95?
Soft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back