Half-backs:Alex CincottaJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Centreline:David CuninghamPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Matthew CottrellHarry McKayElijah Hollands
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange:Jordan BoydAdam CerraCorey Durdin
Orazio FantasiaMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Jack CarrollOllie HollandsBrodie Kemp

By all means, hate on the Pies/their fans.
He was going to play this season but was forced to medically retire & they're now a player down as a result.
If one of ours were in the same position, would we consider them injured/unavailable?
Of course we would.
Perhaps similar to Doch or JSOS. They're not factoring into 2024 discussions so it's pointless to list them as outs.

Murphy and perhaps McStay fall into the same camp.

Martin, Motlop, Saad, McGovern all fall into the key outs camp. Cerra did until this week. Fogarty arguably does too.

Really they're just missing DeGoey and a now-fringe player in Mitchell.

Perhaps similar to Doch or JSOS. They're not factoring into 2024 discussions so it's pointless to list them as outs.

Murphy and perhaps McStay fall into the same camp.

Martin, Motlop, Saad, McGovern all fall into the key outs camp. Cerra did until this week. Fogarty arguably does too.

Really they're just missing DeGoey and a now-fringe player in Mitchell.
Truthfully think it was pretty fanciful he was going to play again.

I suspect Collingwood kept his spot on the list knowing this was the very likely outcome.

You can't be serious, if you had left your argument "horses for courses' I would agree, but brain lapses is harsh, too harsh.

Yes he is young and has made mistakes which have cost us goals, what about the basic kicking errors some of our senior players have made out of defence and turned attack into a goal? Or our forwards who have trouble kicking a basic set shot from 30-40 out? Or our small forwards playing at the moment that average half of what DC and Fog do and the later 2 have been injured.

We have a few passengers every week and probably always will, hopefully this will change. If Kemp goes back to the VFL to work on his deficiencies, you know he will bust a nut doing it.

Brain lapses is what they are, poor kicking is not a brain lapse, it’s a skill error, HUGE difference.

Kemp is/was playing because of player injuries, nothing more, nothing less.

Harsh is the language coming out of Voss, why, because that’s what’s required to be a premiership contender.

DC is quality and 2nd to only Martin in terms small/med forward, the others are fighting for 1 spot…

Pretty sure Cowan & Williams and Young were not great last week.
We also have some ageing defenders, Kemp whilst he has some areas to work on, he was excellent the week prior and has upside & talent.
Personally would have ahead of Cowan who also has some areas to work on.

Kemp is the 3rd tall backup, which means he is ‘break glass’ when McG is injured. This week he is not required because of match ups.

we'd be unbeaten, geelong and adelaide losses both down to not taking the opportunity while the opposition kicked at an incredibly high accuracy
Bad kicking is bad football!

I hate the saying as well, BTW!

‘H was in the wilderness last year with his kicking, look now. Fix it…’

Not my words.

My mums most hated is Collingwood.. She’s the reason I’m Carlton and why I hate them as well.. I know she’ll be screaming and watching wherever her spirit is, please Baggers do it for my mum, we were only talking about going to this game last year because we missed out on going earlier in the year.. We should’ve been there tonight together watching.. Please just smash them, foot down, no mercy, bury them Baggers it’s what mum would want 💙

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My mums most hated is Collingwood.. She’s the reason I’m Carlton and why I hate them as well.. I know she’ll be screaming and watching wherever her spirit is, please Baggers do it for my mum, we were only talking about going to this game last year because we missed out on going earlier in the year.. We should’ve been there tonight together watching.. Please just smash them, foot down, no mercy, bury them Baggers it’s what mum would want 💙
Great post mate and your Mum sounds awesome, sorry for your loss.

Kemp is the 3rd tall backup, which means he is ‘break glass’ when McG is injured. This week he is not required because of match ups.
Not sure l would be dismissing Kemp such as this.
McGovern is close to 30 and injury prone, Marchbank is 28 later this year and also injury prone so it absolutely makes sense to invest in Kemp.

ln terms of match ups, l definitely would play him before Cowan tonight.

Great post.
Hopefully we can get it done for you & your Mum.
I'm sorry for your loss.

Not sure l would be dismissing Kemp such as this.
McGovern is close to 30 and injury prone, Marchbank is 28 later this year and also injury prone so it absolutely makes sense to invest in Kemp.

ln terms of match ups, l definitely would play him before Cowan tonight.
Agree with Kemp.
To a degree, I think he's been played in a role his unsuited to. Despite his height, I think he's better as more a traditional flanker that has some capacity to intercept rather than playing as a tall.
His time will come.

Well * anything else just do it for keldam22’s mum ffs !

I'm disappointed Kemp dropped but if it's more about balance that's understandable.

I do like the improved balance of the side and more run with Cerra Cuningham

I hope we use Cerra as a pure Wingman. He will do well

Defence is okay but we need pressure around the midfield. If we don't fire up after last week and Voss's blast then we never will. Win tonight and we will get McGovern Martin Motlop back within next 1-3 weeks

Blues by 33 points. Off to the game

What is the weather like down there in Melbourne ?

Any chance of a record breaking home and away crowd ?
Odd fixturing, I know we have a lot of Greek supporters (my Mrs family is Greek and my FIL is a Blue) and a lot of them will be off to church tonight for Orthodox Good Friday or preparing for the Easter family get togethers over the weekend so a lot won't go to the game physically.

Remember when we used to always play them around round 3, so interesting how over the last few years our games vs them and * have been pushed back more toward the middle of the season. Possibly to keep up appeal and attendance during the colder months where less are less inclined to go to a lesser game on a cold dreary night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back