The perfect premier league

Remove this Banner Ad

Just have Sky on in the background, they're showing a bit of an old Birmingham derby match. Dublin headbuts Robbie Savage, Stan Lazaridis goal. Brum 0-2 up at the moment, Villa down to 9 men. Was thinking it's a shame we don't have that fixture any more as it always had some moments in it.

Anyway, I've never been one for saying this team or that team deserve to be in the league, the teams that are in it deserve to be in it, no matter how big or small they are. But for me the perfect league would be:

Aston Villa
Arsenal
Birmingham
Chelsea
Everton
Ipswich
Leeds
Liverpool
Man City
Man United
Newcastle
Norwich
Sheff United
Sheff Wed
Southampton
Spurs
Sunderland
West Brom
West Ham
Wolves

Would have liked to fit Pompey in as well just for the derby rivalry with Southampton. I resisted the urge to relegate Man United and Spurs just for the laughs. Also resisted the urge to put Brighton in, just to piss off one particular poster on here.

But I reckon if these clubs could all get their act together it would make for a cracking league.

It'd great to watch the local rivalries, I'd love to see Leeds and Sheffield United return to being competitive sides. Still prefer the Premier League we have now though, it allows for some unlikely sides to get a crack at the big stage e.g. Wigan and Swansea.

It'd great to watch the local rivalries, I'd love to see Leeds and Sheffield United return to being competitive sides. Still prefer the Premier League we have now though, it allows for some unlikely sides to get a crack at the big stage e.g. Wigan and Swansea.
No Blackburn in Moomba's perfect PL either. Bit harsh.

I've really enjoyed the addition of Swansea to the Premier League over the last 2 seasons. It's so rare for a club to be promoted and not only play an attractive brand of football but to also be relatively successful while doing it. Most of the clubs which try to play that style inevitably drop straight back into the Championship the following season because they concede too many goals.

Surely West Brom out for Hull City to provide the local rivalry with Leeds? :)

I kinda like Leeds hating on Man United as their main rivalry.

West Brom v Wolves can get a bit tasty too.

As for the other suggestions

Cov - naah, only room for one sky blue team

Leicester - could be there and have a few minor rivalries with the midlands sides, but their main rivals are in the
lower divs anyway.

Blackburn - fair shout if only for the fact that it's a cracking day out and they have a walk-through McDonalds.

I kinda like Leeds hating on Man United as their main rivalry.

West Brom v Wolves can get a bit tasty too.

As for the other suggestions

Cov - naah, only room for one sky blue team

Leicester - could be there and have a few minor rivalries with the midlands sides, but their main rivals are in the
lower divs anyway.

Blackburn - fair shout if only for the fact that it's a cracking day out and they have a walk-through McDonalds.

They're only minor to you. We hate Derby, Forest and Cov with a passion. Agreed all those rivalries are now unfortunately championship material at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're only minor to you. We hate Derby, Forest and Cov with a passion. Agreed all those rivalries are now unfortunately championship material at the moment.

Was talking more about the rivalries with the others in my perfect premier league. Villa, Birmingham, Wolves, West Brom.

I know your rivalries with the likes of Forest and Derby are still the same as ever.

Was talking more about the rivalries with the others in my perfect premier league. Villa, Birmingham, Wolves, West Brom.

I know your rivalries with the likes of Forest and Derby are still the same as ever.
Ahh my apologies, completely missed that.

As much as I would love being in the premier league (it's pretty much all I want), I would miss the traditional rivalries if none of our foes went up with us. Rivalry matches are just something else.

Apart from Brighton who are your rivals?

I do love the big rivalries in English football :thumbsu:
Yeah true but most people wouldn't have Brighton in their perfect PL so we'd still probably be left out. Next season we have 19 big rivalries gotta beat everyone :)

Haha I meant just in general who are your big rivals?
Oh. Brighton are the big ones (odd I know because they're no where near us terms of location) this was because of matches between the clubs in the early to mid 70s I'm pretty sure. In terms of London teams some fans say Charlton are bigger rivals whereas others say milwall because of their close proximity to us.

No palace?! We've finally got back in and were already out :(
But tbh if i was making a premier league based on the rivalries then it would be hard to fit palace in because we have no real derbies in the PL

Wouldn't the other London clubs be your rivalries? Maybe they won't have the same level of passion or energy but being other clubs/neighbouring teams from the same city, surely bragging rights are up for grabs?

Leeds were a pack of pricks, and plenty of people hate the thugs.

But there are too many sides I'd like to see up there. I have a bit of nostalgia for clubs like (a Paul Dickov lead) Leicester, Watford, Charlton...

My perfect premier league would be:

Newcastle
Norwich
West Ham
Blackburn (pre Venkys)
Leeds
Crystal Palace
Leicester
Hull
Nottingham Forest
Cardiff
Grimsby
Rotherham
Carlisle
Forest Green Rovers
Gateshead
Walsall
Cheltenham Town
Millwall
Watford
Bristol Rovers

*Have actually made this league in football manager in the past using the editor haha

My perfect premier league would be:

Newcastle
Norwich
West Ham
Blackburn (pre Venkys)
Leeds
Crystal Palace
Leicester
Hull
Nottingham Forest
Cardiff
Grimsby
Rotherham
Carlisle
Forest Green Rovers
Gateshead
Walsall
Cheltenham Town
Millwall
Watford
Bristol Rovers

*Have actually made this league in football manager in the past using the editor haha
Is it possible to get you to elaborate on why? Such a random group haha

Remove this Banner Ad

Back