BigFooty Top 50 Favourite Albums - The Final Countdown!

Remove this Banner Ad

That's probably the weakest five so far IMO. I've got the Kanye and GNR album. Is I can on the Nas album? If you put them five against 50 to 45, it's no contest.

Wow some strange choices there, the Arcade Fire album at #19? I wouldn't put any Arcade Fire album in a top 50.

#15 - Exile On Main St.
Artist: The Rolling Stones
Year: 1972
Genre: Rock
51JA6YQJ4YL.jpg

#14 - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Artist: Arctic Monkeys
Year: 2006
Genre: Indie Rock
300_album_27829.jpg

#13 - In Rainbows
Artist: Radiohead
Year: 2007
Genre: Alt Rock
In_Rainbows_Official_Cover.jpg

#12 - Aenima
Artist: Tool
Year: 1996
Genre: Alt Metal
Aenima.jpg

#11 - Kid A
Artist: Radiohead
Year: 2000
Genre: Experimental/Alt Rock
Kid-A-Cover-292x300.gif

Code:
50. Blood on the Tracks - 60 points
49. Songs for the Deaf - 61 points
48. tie
- Since I Left You - 64 points
- Rubber Soul - 64 points
46. Lateralus - 65 points
45. tie
- Superunknown - 66 points
- Origin of Symmetry - 66 points
43. The Wall - 70 points
42. The Colour and the Shape - 71 points
41. tie
- The Bends - 73 points
- Rumours - 73 points
39. Marquee Moon - 77 points
38. The Stone Roses - 78 points
37. The Marshall Mathers LP - 79 points
36. tie
- Absolution - 80 points
- Siamese Dream - 80 points
34. Toxicity - 81 points
33. London Calling - 83 points
32 - tie
- Born to Run - 88 points
- Is This It - 88 points
30. Dirt - 90 points
29. ...And Justice for All - 95 points
28. Californication - 100 points
27. Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness - 102 points
26. Are You Experinced - 104 points
25. In the Aeroplane Over the Sea - 105 points
24. (What's the Story) Morning Glory - 106 points
23. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - 110 points
22. The Beatles (The White Album) - 111 points
21. Nevermind - 116 points
20. Illmatic - 117 points
18. Funeral - 126 points 
18. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy- 127 points 
17. Appetite for Destruction - 129 points 
16. Silent Alarm - 130 points 
15. Exile On Main St. - 133 points 
14. Whatever People Say I am, That's What I'm Not - 138 points 
13. In Rainbows - 139 points 
12. Aenima - 140 points 
11. Kid A - 144 points

Tomorrow: #10-6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also shows the age of the voters ;)
As far as an album band go, they are really up there for producing standout 5 star classics. How man bands can honestly claim to have produced a generation defining album in two different decades?? Ok computer is widely regarded (by critics) as the standout album of the 90s, kid a the same for the 00s.

Just having a quick look over the lists. Looks like Ok Computer and Ten will be right up near the top.

Got 5 albums in so far. 6 when Ten gets listed.

Your top 50 would be lacking then. ;)
Oh don't get me wrong I like some Arcade Fire, just wouldn't put any of their albums in a top 50 :p

Never understood the love for Radiohead. There'd been so much hype about how great they were back whenever it was, so I got hold of a copy of OK Computer to see what it was all about. Started off promisingly enough, then that awful whiny "singing" started and I didn't get much further.

Never understood the love for Radiohead. There'd been so much hype about how great they were back whenever it was, so I got hold of a copy of OK Computer to see what it was all about. Started off promisingly enough, then that awful whiny "singing" started and I didn't get much further.

They're definitely one of those love-hate bands for most people I think. I like quite a lot of their stuff, though the circlejerk of Thom Yorke fanboys is off-putting and they're really overrated as a result.

The best thing about being involved in polls like this is unearthing some albums that I've neglected due to either forgetfulness, ignorance or laziness. I'm starting to listen to each album that's been voted in the top 50 and trying to force myself to listen the whole way through to see why it holds a special place for so many people. There are some that I know I'm going to struggle with that though!

No s**t.

Not really sure it warrants being in the top 20 either.. Sits on that rung below classic status.

Same story with the first Arctic Monkeys LP.

Arctic Monkeys probably isn't worth being quite that high, but it is a modern classic, and quite an incredible debut album. Definitely a top 10 album for the last decade quite comfortably along with albums such as "Is This It" and "Kid A" ect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back