SALADA/VladFL: Slap on the wrist. - STRICTLY ESSENDON SUPPORTERS ONLY

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
County Court can hear lawsuits up to $1 million. If Hird is going to sue, the figure he is suing for would be far larger than that, hence Supreme Court

From an organisation who is paranoid about image? How many weeks ago did the AFL scan their offices for bugs? Maybe the AFL are at work like the EFC may have been in "shaking" down a few unwanted leaks. Dunno?
I'm guessing ur right, after all vlad did say on Friday that media had an all round bad week for writing untruths

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take this with a grain of salt, but a mate of mine who is a lawyer (and a Carltank supporter) reckons that Counsel for Hird lodged Supreme Court defamation proceedings against three media outlets on Friday.

Interestingly Fairfax wasn't one of them, but Ch 9 was.

Ch 9 = Barrett? :thumbsu:

I am very disappointed in the new Niall article. Basically Caro's words/position put into 'laymens' terms with some airy fairy stuff at the start.

To re-introduce the angles about Thymosin is getting ridiculous. They have ZERO evidence that we took the banned one and this has just been an Age story from start to finish. I can assure you, IF there had been any evidence that something as strong as Beta 4 was administered, then infractions would have been issued a long time ago. You simply could not have had athletes continuing to take the field with that type of substance known to have been taken.

So Mr Niall, you 'read' the following tea leaves.. players follow orders and shouldn't be to blame as they were a)told to take things and b) investigate the supplements and got assurances from a trusted doctor they were 'ok' to use. Players can escape with reprimands because a) it wasn't performance enhancing b) it comes under a clause that specifically allows for reprimands and 'warnings'. The more serious drugs that could have been taken have ONLY been linked to coaches and not players which means diddly squat in the scheme of things as coaches aren't covered under the code. All the 'major' players in the sage (Dank/Robinson/Robson) have already exited stage left and Bombers have already done an internal review and tightened up a few internal policies.

Oh and then you give the prediction that you see Premiership points being deducted (which has NEVER happened in the history of sport, despite blantant salary cap breaches/drug scandals/illegal player poaching etc etc etc) and our coach being sacked (which would be the first time the AFL has done this too... even though Hird actually DID try to ensure the program was kosher and did investigations into the benefits/risks of such a program).....

I suggest you smoke the tea leaves next time cause in my opinion you are s**t at reading them.

Oh and Fairfax, I am SICK of being told I am 'delusional' because I refuse to believe my club is the devil or maintain hope that this will be ok on the back of statements from people I trust and the AFL itself. That is not delusional... that is called SUPPORT!!!

Amen brutha! :thumbsu:

So apparently Jetta actually has AIDS so the thymosin was legal
Not remotely funny, and not even correct.

Thymosin Alpha is the AIDS drug, and is legal. Thymosin Beta 4 is the banned drug.

Pull your head in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back