Dank to play unlikely ally to Essendon against "common enemy"

Remove this Banner Ad

After 12 months of phone taps to be presented to the court when his time comes he is rooted.

He knows he is going to jail, along with Charters.

Any essendon supporter deluded enough to think the club will not be gutted I feel sorry for.

You realise none of the substances in question are in any way illegal?

sometimes you need to lose the fight to win the war
Especially if he does have the documentation, he has always claimed he had, which proves ASADA gave the program the OK.
That would be a total pisser.

My money is on ASADA having nothing...nothing whatsoever...and claiming they need another 6months to exercise their new coercive powers in a desperate bid to save face.

So far not a single player charged, named or even implicated.

Lol...Dank should just try to stay out of Jail.

Anyone believing a word out of his mouth waits up for Santa Claus.

Unless of course, it hurts Essendon. Then all he said would be undeniable truth.

I think I've got that right. That's how it works isn't it?

Unless of course, it hurts Essendon. Then all he said would be undeniable truth.

I think I've got that right. That's how it works isn't it?

Pretty much.

But Essendon have spent six solid months blaming this bloke (and Robinson) for so many of their woes. If he's suddenly Essendon's best mate, there's probably a problem.

Asada are building their case.

Once the reports finalized, infractions are coming.

Any idea what they are waiting for? What is it they are going to know that they don't know already?
And I hope the answer isn't Dank's evidence, because a) that might be a long wait that will only end in him saying he won't answer any question for fear of self incrimination, & b) his evidence, were he to give any, is more likely to exonerate Essendon than convict them (he is not likely to get up and say yes I did give them illegal drugs).

So what's the new evidence that they are hoping for? Or are they just reluctant to wind it up and admit that they have got nothing?
Who knows?

Im confused, it seems the A.F.L is going about this backwards. If Essendon is found guilty of doping violations then the penalties being bandied about would be fair. But if they impose these penalties for poor governance and ASADA find that no prohibited substances have been administered, then they would seem to be grossly unfair. Would they not be better off waiting until the entire report was handed down, then stripping Essendon of any awards won in the mean time. If they were to be stripped of all points/not play finals and then found innocent of doping violations, that would be massively unfair on the playing group.

On the other hand, others have posted that other sportspeople have been banned on circumstantial evidence, ie, players have ordered banned substances but never recieved it, documents/ reciepts have come to light after the period of time that athletes can be tested for the substance, thus no positive sample can be taken. It would appear that the circumstantial evidence against the Dons would appear to be at least as strong(if not stronger), yet there seams to be a belief that they will escape punishment. Will WADA allow that? Has the AFL (tiny in regards to world sport) got that amount of influence

Just trying to understand

The evidence is there and it is shown in the report but it omits players names ect... for privacy reasons at this point. ASADA are tying up the loose ends there, Dank, stories changing, new powers and getting access to ACC evidence ect... It was basically handed to the AFL so they could deal with the club as its within their power and not ASADA's who from my understanding feel the Club is way more at fault then the Players. ASADA will issue infraction notices to players and they will be suspended at the conclusion of the investigation, that is pretty much a certainty and its why they can allow the AFL to penalise the club now.

Any idea what they are waiting for? What is it they are going to know that they don't know already?
And I hope the answer isn't Dank's evidence, because a) that might be a long wait that will only end in him saying he won't answer any question for fear of self incrimination, & b) his evidence, were he to give any, is more likely to exonerate Essendon than convict them (he is not likely to get up and say yes I did give them illegal drugs).

So what's the new evidence that they are hoping for? Or are they just reluctant to wind it up and admit that they have got nothing?
Who knows?

It's this

Who knows?

The USADA investigation into Lance Armstrong took 2 and half years. They knew they had him early just need to put it all together, no way known the AFL would punish Essendon if they were not sure infraction notices were coming at some point.

My personal guess its a case of getting access to ACC evidence and they are also just now getting onto Crunulla Sharks who's case will also not only effect the time period of Essendon's case (there are only so many investigators) but will help provided more evidence on Dank and Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The USADA investigation into Lance Armstrong took 2 and half years. They knew they had him early just need to put it all together, no way known the AFL would punish Essendon if they were not sure infraction notices were coming at some point.

My personal guess its a case of getting access to ACC evidence and they are also just now getting onto Crunulla Sharks who's case will also not only effect the time period of Essendon's case (there are only so many investigators) but will help provided more evidence on Dank and Essendon.

No positive blood tests ergo no infractions notices needed.The evidence they have is not substantial enough.

But importation unless you're a scientific researcher with a license is i'm pretty sure at least of some of the substances?
Maybe you should get your facts straight.
Absolutely nothing which has anything to do with the current Essendon investigation is illegal. Period.
Some of the substances which have been named are banned by WADA, some are not, some are still in dispute.
The ignorance surrounding claims in these threads is astounding.

LOL's at you claims about what is in the report also.
Do you read palms?

No positive blood tests ergo no infractions notices need,the evidence they have is not concrete enough.

How many positive tests did Armstrong have? ASADA would prefer to issue specific infraction notices to specific players... but I'm sure they'll threaten a blanket ban on the entire 2012 list if they think they have to. Especially if it might jog a few memories, shake some documents loose...

How many positive tests did Armstrong have? ASADA would prefer to issue specific infraction notices to specific players... but I'm sure they'll threaten a blanket ban on the entire 2012 list if they think they have to. Especially if it might jog a few memories, shake some documents loose...

Why did Saad test positive straight away? when they had 6 farkn months with Essendon.

Im confused, it seems the A.F.L is going about this backwards. If Essendon is found guilty of doping violations then the penalties being bandied about would be fair. But if they impose these penalties for poor governance and ASADA find that no prohibited substances have been administered, then they would seem to be grossly unfair. Would they not be better off waiting until the entire report was handed down, then stripping Essendon of any awards won in the mean time. If they were to be stripped of all points/not play finals and then found innocent of doping violations, that would be massively unfair on the playing group.

On the other hand, others have posted that other sportspeople have been banned on circumstantial evidence, ie, players have ordered banned substances but never recieved it, documents/ reciepts have come to light after the period of time that athletes can be tested for the substance, thus no positive sample can be taken. It would appear that the circumstantial evidence against the Dons would appear to be at least as strong(if not stronger), yet there seams to be a belief that they will escape punishment. Will WADA allow that? Has the AFL (tiny in regards to world sport) got that amount of influence

Just trying to understand

I'll have a stab at a serious answer.

It comes down to the burden of proof and the standard of proof that is needed to bring sanctions against individual players for doping violations. Under the code the burden of proof is on the AFL to prove the violation. The standard of proof is that of comfortable satisfaction - which is somewhere in between the balance of probabilities and beyond reasonable doubt, which are the more familiar standards that the courts use.

So there is some work to be done by ASADA to provide enough evidence to the AFL to make charges against players stick. Some sort of hard evidence like a positive test to a sample would be perfect, but given that we are talking about substances not approved for human use it is impossible that any agency could have anticipated in advance and started testing for it. So they need some other evidence - what would be ideal would be a complete written record of which players took what, when and in what dose.

Now by rights such record should exist because clubs are duty-bound to keep such records. But it seems that no such record has been made available to ASADA yet with regards Essendon in 2012. This is inconvenient for ASADA because it means that any charges against players might fail to meet the standard of proof; but it is convenient for the Essendon players that such records are never found. It's almost in Essendon's interests not to produce such information so as to protect the players. Not having such records has accidentally (or accidentally-on-purpose) worked in their favour.

This is the sort of bind that ASADA is in. The alternative solution is for the AFL to use it's other powers outside of the anti-doping code to impose some other sanctions on the club. Since it is clear that Essendon had a duty to keep such records, they can't be allowed to benefit from not keeping them. So this is why they are looking at disrepute and poor governance issues.

Dank is trolling Essendon here.

He knows he is the subject of an ACC investigation. In sporting circles, his name is mud.

Like Spike, his version of events has flipped and flopped.

Hird would be hating having Dank in his corner and Dank is merely poking the link and association.

Maybe you should get your facts straight.
Absolutely nothing which has anything to do with the current Essendon investigation is illegal. Period.
Some of the substances which have been named are banned by WADA, some are not, some are still in dispute.
The ignorance surrounding claims in these threads is astounding.

LOL's at you claims about what is in the report also.
Do you read palms?

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rug-melanotan-ii/story-e6freoof-1226613971411

Melanotan II is banned from commercial sale and the Therapeutic Goods Administration made it illegal for Australians to buy it from overseas for personal use without a prescription

http://www.crimecommission.gov.au/p...-legal-status-status-sport-of-peptides-hormon

Hexarelin Prohibited - S2 WADA Prohibited List Yes - Complex Unscheduled Schedule 7A Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations
AOD-9604 Not currently prohibited N/A Unscheduled Schedule 7A Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations

Thats 3 drugs in the essendon scandal prohibited from importation.

Yep i'm sure the AFL is going to smash Essendon without evidence and give them every reason to take them to court. Its all a conspiracy to protect ASADA and make a 6 month investigation seem legit.

Please 6 months is a short investigation and its only because of how much this in the public eye that they are going through it so quickly.

No positive blood tests ergo no infractions notices needed.The evidence they have is not substantial enough.
Nice try, but Lance Armstrong never tested positive either.

Essendon can and will be reamed by the AFL on the governance issue alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back