Public Opinion: Will EFC players get Infraction Notices? (Poll included)

Will Essendon players be handed Infraction Notices before the start of the 2014 season?

• Yes

Votes: 243 47.5%
  • Likely

Votes: 125 24.4%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 43 8.4%
  • Unlikely

Votes: 58 11.3%
  • No

Votes: 43 8.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you really think WADA gives a stuff about the AFL's cashflow? The AFL may end up losing more if they don't do anything, anyway, so money is a moot point here.

Those penalties were for disrepute charges. If you think there won't be more charges for doping, think again.

Cannot fault your logic or morality
I am not suggesting wada or ASADA give two hoots for the afl
I am suggesting powerful forces, political, wealthy influential forces will put pressure on ASADA/WADA and they will roll over
Now, I would be ecstatic if I am wrong, it would put a good dent into my cynicism but what you are suggesting in the world of reality is but a fairy tale.
When is the last time WADA sanctioned an entire playing list of a professional code? It just does not happen

I am suggesting powerful forces, political, wealthy influential forces will put pressure on ASADA/WADA and they will roll over

Such as whom? Why would they care about Essendon? Public opinion is very low of Essendon, if the AFL don't do anything then that might lose them some votes (if you're right about politicians involved).

When is the last time WADA sanctioned an entire playing list of a professional code? It just does not happen

Because most team doping is most likely done out of WADA jurisdiction, where said leagues have not signed up to them. NFL is a good example, I have no doubt their teams shoot up frequently. Essendon may be the first team to ever have that happen to them. There is always a first time.

Such as whom? Why would they care about Essendon? Public opinion is very low of Essendon, if the AFL don't do anything then that might lose them some votes (if you're right about politicians involved).

Because most team doping is most likely done out of WADA jurisdiction, where said leagues have not signed up to them. NFL is a good example, I have no doubt their teams shoot up frequently. Essendon may be the first team to ever have that happen to them. There is always a first time.
There is no easy way of explaining it
For you are either very young or very naive
There is no Easter bunny

There is absolutley no way that infraction notices will not be given in this case.

WADA is a ruthless, results driven organisation, this is their bread and butter. They love this stuff, the bigger the better, can you imagine the high 5's and back patting when they got Lance? Lol.

The very public 7 month investigation, Jobe admitting on TV that he's taken a banned substance, the continual baiting of ASADA by the EFC, the involvement of the ACC - are you guys kidding, an example will be made of the EFC have no doubt.

The integrity blow to WADA if no sanctions are handed down would be immense now that this is being discussed all over the world. Every code and every major team would be watching this closely.

The arguments of the power of the AFL, or that detailed records were destroyed and hence no action can be taken, are at best naive and at worst absolutely laughable. Unfortunately for EFC and the AFL, WADA/ASADA are gonna come down big time.

I'm pretty sure the AFL already know this and have modelled all WADA/ASADA sanctions for impact on the AFL, it's just the EFC supporters who delude themselves that they're gonna sneak through so they can sleep at night.

When Essendon's punishment was finalised, i thought that might be the end of it.
It's far from a foregone conclusion, but i'd lean towards infraction notices eventually being issued at this stage.

There is absolutley no way that infraction notices will not be given in this case.

WADA is a ruthless, results driven organisation, this is their bread and butter. They love this stuff, the bigger the better, can you imagine the high 5's and back patting when they got Lance? Lol.

The very public 7 month investigation, Jobe admitting on TV that he's taken a banned substance, the continual baiting of ASADA by the EFC, the involvement of the ACC - are you guys kidding, an example will be made of the EFC have no doubt.

The integrity blow to WADA if no sanctions are handed down would be immense now that this is being discussed all over the world. Every code and every major team would be watching this closely.

The arguments of the power of the AFL, or that detailed records were destroyed and hence no action can be taken, are at best naive and at worst absolutely laughable. Unfortunately for EFC and the AFL, WADA/ASADA are gonna come down big time.

I'm pretty sure the AFL already know this and have modelled all WADA/ASADA sanctions for impact on the AFL, it's just the EFC supporters who delude themselves that they're gonna sneak through so they can sleep at night.

Great post, hope like hell it happens, also a few collateral damage victims along the way like Demetriou would be great for the sport.

Great post, hope like hell it happens, also a few collateral damage victims along the way like Demetriou would be great for the sport.

What's wrong with you blokes wanting this to happen. Players suing the club,players getting banned, Essendon will be crippled beyond repair etc,etc will be disastrous for the AFL.

Fitzroy died,Carlton nearly went under. The damage this will have on the league will be too much which the AFL want to avoid.

What's wrong with you blokes wanting this to happen. Players suing the club,players getting banned, Essendon will be crippled beyond repair etc,etc will be disastrous for the AFL.

Fitzroy died,Carlton nearly went under. The damage this will have on the league will be too much which the AFL want to avoid.
Really should have thought this through in 2011/12. No one wants this to happen, especially not the AFL, but systematic doping in high stakes organised sport is big chips, you're on the world stage now and unfortunately your sentiment quoted will not be a consideration for WADA.

This is what should happen. Play by the rules.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 6 month ban of 38 Essendon players would destroy the club
If this occurred, and it won't, the afl would have to excuse itself from WADA affiliation as the alternative is unthinkable
Whatever victory WADA may want, having otherwise responsible codes leave their affiliation is not the sort of thing WADA would welcome but the afl would have no alternative

I cite evidence of Andrew demetriou's comment during the afl press conference announcing the sanction against Essendon. Andrew very clearly explained that since the announcement of the darkest day in australian sport, the all have introduced clear standards far higher than those currently held by ASADA.

This would not have gone unnoticed by ASADA/WADA
As it is preparation for rejecting any serious sanction of the players involving suspension
The AFLs very survival would be threatened if a club like Essendon were destroyed. The consequences are simply unthinkable
In other words, WADA may sanction the players but no suspension of a mass of players will be accepted

Furthermore, the evidence so favours the players that they would take Essendon and the afl to court

So yes, WADA don't care and want these kind of victories
But these professional club size victories are in practice outside their charter

You may disagree and of course only time will tell

But in reality time has already spoken, in cases like this morality, fairness, procedure against money, power and politics

Question for the legal eagles on here. If Sandor Earl has been charged with trafficking and he hasn't been selling to NRL players, does this mean he has been selling to participants in a WADA code covered sport such as AFL, or does trafficking include flogging it local gym junkies?

Put your damn chin up.

You are a fan of the Baby Bombers. You are a fan of Carpenter. Essendon will get through this.

Yeah, the baby faced angel turned out to be a toe-rag, and 'Whatever It Takes' wrecked your club for a decade or so, but in 2032, when Essendon celebrates another premiership, you'll look back at the bad days of the 2010s, when Essendon made the mistake of trusting James Hird and his offsider Stephen Dank, and you'll go 'Go the red and black, and to hell with anyone who shits on it'.

Love Essendon. Hate those who wreck the club.

A 6 month ban of 38 Essendon players would destroy the club
If this occurred, and it won't, the afl would have to excuse itself from WADA affiliation as the alternative is unthinkable
Whatever victory WADA may want, having otherwise responsible codes leave their affiliation is not the sort of thing WADA would welcome but the afl would have no alternative

I cite evidence of Andrew demetriou's comment during the afl press conference announcing the sanction against Essendon. Andrew very clearly explained that since the announcement of the darkest day in australian sport, the all have introduced clear standards far higher than those currently held by ASADA.

This would not have gone unnoticed by ASADA/WADA
As it is preparation for rejecting any serious sanction of the players involving suspension
The AFLs very survival would be threatened if a club like Essendon were destroyed. The consequences are simply unthinkable
In other words, WADA may sanction the players but no suspension of a mass of players will be accepted

Furthermore, the evidence so favours the players that they would take Essendon and the afl to court

So yes, WADA don't care and want these kind of victories
But these professional club size victories are in practice outside their charter

You may disagree and of course only time will tell

But in reality time has already spoken, in cases like this morality, fairness, procedure against money, power and politics

Yeb, mate, I know you're hurting, but WADA cannot accept the precedence, and the AFL cant undo their involvement. You're in for a rough ride, good luck.

Maybe your coach, who ignored warnings from the AFL, should be sacked forever rather than made out to be a hero.

When it happens you can blame him forever.

And don't worry the queue to smash him will be long as you can imagine.

Back