Universal Love Brodie Grundy man love (bumped, see post #909)

Remove this Banner Ad

I still cry watching Guy Richards running around in PF vs Cats 2007 o_O

I cry seeing Steve McKee in a Collingwood jumper and not Pavlich. I cry seeing Chris Egan in a Collingwood jumper instead of Brad Ottens. I cry seeing Stevie J in a Geelong jumper instead of a Collingwood one.

The list could go on.

I cry in general knowing that we could have won at least 3 flags instead of one.

I cry seeing Steve McKee in a Collingwood jumper and not Pavlich. I cry seeing Chris Egan in a Collingwood jumper instead of Brad Ottens. I cry seeing Stevie J in a Geelong jumper instead of a Collingwood one.

The list could go on.

I cry in general knowing that we could have won at least 3 flags instead of one.

Oh please don't go there :p We would have won 2007/09/10/11/12 and been the greatest team of all time :D
The Stevie J one is the worst IMO. The others you can put down to a roll of the dice in the draft (horrible, horrible rolls), but the Stevie J one... I am looking at the Daisy situation in a similar vein to the Stevie J situation, though the opposite way around :)

Oh please don't go there :p We would have won 2007/09/10/11/12 and been the greatest team of all time :D
The Stevie J one is the worst IMO. The others you can put down to a roll of the dice in the draft (horrible, horrible rolls), but the Stevie J one... I am looking at the Daisy situation in a similar vein to the Stevie J situation, though the opposite way around :)

Essendon did the same with Stevie J that we did as well

301814.jpg

Got the Vote from Luke Darcy

Final 2013 Voting

Jaeger O'Meara (Gold Coast) - 44
Brad Crouch (Adelaide) - 31
Oliver Wines (Port Adelaide) - 26
Aaron Mullett (North Melbourne) - 11
Tom Mitchell (Sydney Swans) - 11
Nick Vlastuin (RIchmond) - 7
Lachie Whitfield (GWS) - 3
Brodie Grundy (Collingwood) - 1
Sam Mayes (Brisbane Lions) - 1

The selectors’ votes were as follows:

Andrew Demetriou
5 – Jaeger O’Meara
4 – Brad Crouch
3 – Oliver Wines
2 – Tom Mitchell
1 – Aaron Mullett

Luke Darcy
5 – Jaeger O’Meara
4 – Brad Crouch
3 – Oliver Wines
2 – Tom Mitchell
1 – Brodie Grundy

Mark Evans
5 – Jaeger O’Meara
4 – Oliver Wines
3 – Nick Vlastuin
2 – Aaron Mullett
1 – Lachie Whitfield

Danny Frawley
5 – Jaeger O’Meara
4 – Brad Crouch
3 – Oliver Wines
2 – Tom Mitchell
1 – Aaron Mullett

Glen Jakovich
5 – Jaeger O’Meara
4 – Oliver Wines
3 – Aaron Mullett
2 – Brad Crouch
1 – Nick Vlastuin

Cameron Ling
5 – Jaeger O’Meara
4 – Brad Crouch
3 – Nick Vlastuin
2 – Tom Mitchell
1 – Aaron Mullett

Mark Ricciuto
5 – Brad Crouch
4 – Jaeger O’Meara
3 – Oliver Wines
2 – Tom Mitchell
1 – Aaron Mullett

Kevin Sheehan
5 – Jaeger O’Meara
4 – Brad Crouch
3 – Oliver Wines
2 – Lachie Whitfield
1 – Sam Mayes

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-04/omeara-named-rising-star

The list could go on.

Every side's recruitment history is littered with what ifs.

What if we didn't draft Swan with pick 58?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was all for trading or recruiting a decent ruckman this off season but grundy has converted me. I can not believe how good he has been for a first season ruck. So stocked he is ours after all our previous ruck issues.

We may still need a back up ruck if jolly and hudson retire but hopefully one stays on. Also I am not completely sold on Witts yet but we have our long term first ruck solution in big brodie.

I was curious to see in the Age today an article on Brodie which, though generally very positive, indicated that he is well behind other ruckman in hitouts to advantage. I am not sure whether this was a proportional stat based on the number of games he's played but I was quite surprised given what I've seen of Grundy. To the naked eye he seems to constantly hit out to advantage - or maybe I'm just biased. Some of his tap work to Pendlebury has given me high level endorphin releases (I almost don't ned to drink or eat chocolate any more) He's certainly the most exciting, versatile, athletic ruck prospect I've seen at the Pies, prob since Thommo. Big call I know, don't want to mozz the kid do we?!

I was curious to see in the Age today an article on Brodie which, though generally very positive, indicated that he is well behind other ruckman in hitouts to advantage. I am not sure whether this was a proportional stat based on the number of games he's played but I was quite surprised given what I've seen of Grundy. To the naked eye he seems to constantly hit out to advantage - or maybe I'm just biased. Some of his tap work to Pendlebury has given me high level endorphin releases (I almost don't ned to drink or eat chocolate any more) He's certainly the most exciting, versatile, athletic ruck prospect I've seen at the Pies, prob since Thommo. Big call I know, don't want to mozz the kid do we?!
I am no expert but is'nt that because our mids and him havent worked out their positions yet, the gelling will come with more games they play, right?
I mean at the peak of his game Kerr just knew where Cox was going to put it and he was there taking it away from the contest.

Should Improve with Experince.

His 2nd 3rd Efforts can Hide that with his Follow-Up Work from the Ruck Contest

Hate to say but I think he was Well beaten last night by Lobbe.

Did a couple of good things but looked tired
Certainly held up his end of the bargain for the first 3 qtrs and was great, but did tire in the last and really got taken to town. What can u expect though knowing his fitness base.

But hey, this is the best story to come out from this year and honestly without Grundy we would be absolutely ****ed next year and instead of blowing coin and draft picks on finding a ruck man, we can now focus all our efforts on other parts of our team!!

Well done Grundy, you are keeping me sane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back