JMan5

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
North Queensland Cowboys
Eminem has been releasing many chart topping songs over the past couple of decades. Now at the age of 40, with his daughter Haley no 17, Eminem has continued to release the music that people will always remember him for. Survival, the sound track for Call of Duty Ghosts, come out earlier this year and his new hit Berzerk is continuing to charge up the charts. He is set to release a new album later this year. When will Eminem retire? I can picture him still rapping at the age of 70.

I stopped listening to Eminem when i grew out of my teens same as 2 Pac both overrated garbage there's a lot better rappers and other music out there to listen to.

I've also noticed people that still dig Eminem usually either dress like wiggers or are some white trash scummy type of bogans no thanks.

Berzerk is just terrible. Stealing another old song and whining over the top.

At least Billy Squier will be happy. His one and only hit getting re-cooked by Marshall and now he will rack in the royalities from kids who have never heard of him or his song.

He is what you call a talented sampler... able ro steal riffs from other established artists and add generic ryhmes that people relate too... i give him props for early dre stuff but top 40 Marshall is like watching play skool...

I saw him play a couple of weeks ago, still incredibly energetic on stage and plays his classics although I suspect he mimes at times. He simply doesn't have the fire to produce anything like SSLP or MMLP again, calling his new album MMLP2 is a recipe for disaster, it has no chance of living up to that classic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eminem went downhill after TES because of drugs.. Recovery was his first album in like 7 years where he was sober, and whilst it wasnt better than TES, i would still put it in the same mould. The man is a lyrical genius, love him or hate him. As a long time fan, I'm a bit iffy on him calling his new album MMLP2, the first one is his best work and is an all-time hip hop classic. But i trust his judgement, and going by what he did with Berserk (going back to that old skool beastie boys-type sound), i think we may be in for quite a surprise.:thumbsu:

He was better when he was just taking the piss out of everything. Hopefully this new album is a return to that.
Hope not. IMO some of his worst songs are his 'joke' songs. Eminem is at his best in his serious stuff.

Hope not. IMO some of his worst songs are his 'joke' songs. Eminem is at his best in his serious stuff.

Yeah probably could have worded it a bit better. I love Stan, Cleanin' Out my Closet, The Way I Am etc. but Relapse and Recovery stuff and his demeanour nowadays just gives me the vibe that he's taking it too seriously or something and he's pissed off at everything. The older stuff, sure he's pissed off at the world but he 'just don't give a *' (pardon the pun) Does he even smile any more?

Yeah probably could have worded it a bit better. I love Stan, Cleanin' Out my Closet, The Way I Am etc. but Relapse and Recovery stuff and his demeanour nowadays just gives me the vibe that he's taking it too seriously or something and he's pissed off at everything. The older stuff, sure he's pissed off at the world but he 'just don't give a ****' (pardon the pun) Does he even smile any more?
One of his songs 'So Bad' from the Recovery album wasn't serious, neither was 'Crack A Bottle' from the Relapse album.

I stopped listening to Eminem when i grew out of my teens same as 2 Pac both overrated garbage there's a lot better rappers and other music out there to listen to.

I've also noticed people that still dig Eminem usually either dress like wiggers or are some white trash scummy type of bogans no thanks.

I've found a lot of people who like Eminem aren't full-on hiphop fans, or have a very limited knowledge of the genre.

Not saying there aren't true hiphop fans who like him (I've got 16 of his tracks in my itunes myself) but he seems to have cornered a sort of 'pop' segment of the market that other rappers can't crack.

Or maybe aren't interested in cracking, because it's pretty lame stuff sometimes. Personally I can't stand Em's poppy, sing-song crap where he puts on that stupid cartoon voice that seems aimed at the pre-teen market. I think his best stuff is where he spits straight out fire with no hooks at all - tracks like 'The Warning' and 'Run, Rabbit, Run'.

Em' just got nothing to say anymore.

He's first two/three albums were unbelievable. So much anger, passion, venom, it was intoxicated. His releases now are lackluster, flat and boring. It's because he's got nothing left to say, he's said everything about his kids, mum, drugs, sex, etc. At his best he was certainly unbelievable.

On my bed listening to the Slim Shady LP as i type this, sounds amazing on vinyl i'll add ;)

He is unfortunately passed it, i will buy his album but it won't get near his original stuff, much to my dissapointment.

The direction his music has gone in the last 10 years is pretty dissapointing tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back