Intra-club practice match Saturday February 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Bf7CI8tCAAA6P3G.jpg

I saw him straight after the end of the match, didn't look like he played. Also Lee and Pierce didn't play, they were sitting in front of me the whole game.
Was it like watching through goalposts?

Didn't play: Hayes, Lee, Roo, Schneider, Gilbo, White, Webster, Murdoch, Milera, Gwilt, Pierce.

Game started out as basically St Kilda v Sandringham, with the St Kilda team (in RWB) basically all the usuals, plus I guess the probables. Notables in the "Sandy" team from the start included Longer (opposed to Hickey in the ruck), Bruce, Siposs, I think Ross, Markworth, Minchington.

Armo much bigger, preparing for Hayes role?

I think we have these debates a lot; one photo shows someone looking huge, another looks like his normal and the next as if he might have even lost a bit. I didn't notice a big increase in terms of muscle size looking at him today, looked about the same to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Armo looked the same size to me. Thought Saunders had noticeably filled out a bit. Ripping physique now. Billings was looking very skinny in a few photo's from a year or 18 months ago, but he is a perfectly good size now (for his age) and looks like he is going to fill out tremendously. He has what I would call pretty much a "perfect" body shape for footy. Really looking forward to seeing his shape in a couple of years time, once he's filed out. He looked the goods today and I think played all his time in the "Saints" team (only the first half though I think- was in his "formal" St Kilda gear by the 3/4 time huddle).

Wouldn't be surprised if Templeton has grown a bit. Listed at 181cm, but I'm about 186.5cm and he didn't look much shorter than me, even though he was in his thongs by then. I'd be shocked if he is only 181cm. Also didn't look overly skinny. Wouldn't look out of place on an AFL field. Forget the Heppell comparisons, it's Daisy Thomas with a wig folks, as I thought after seeing his highlights vid (except I'd say Daisy is stronger overhead).

I concur with the others today and after the open training session that Markworth has definitely grown. He looked clearly taller than 189cm to me the other week and it was confirmed today when I saw he running side by side with Acres late in the game, right in front of us. He was clearly about an inch taller than Blake and Blake measured in at 191cm a few months ago.

Last edited:
I'm going to say it, no one wants to , but...
Trent Dennis Lane was pretty damned good.
I got a few smirks when I said I thought he could be the surprise packet of 2013. he won't ever get the same amount of goals as Milne when he's on fire but he actually works harder when the ball goes the other way. He was always up against it in a team with Milne but he can really make the small forward role his own this year.

Stanley, TDL and Lee are probably going to have to play well as forwards or it might be our new achilles heal now we have plugged up the defence.

I got a few smirks when I said I thought he could be the surprise packet of 2013. he won't ever get the same amount of goals as Milne when he's on fire but he actually works harder when the ball goes the other way. He was always up against it in a team with Milne but he can really make the small forward role his own this year.

Stanley, TDL and Lee are probably going to have to play well as forwards or it might be our new achilles heal now we have plugged up the defence.
That should have been 2014.

I think we have these debates a lot; one photo shows someone looking huge, another looks like his normal and the next as if he might have even lost a bit. I didn't notice a big increase in terms of muscle size looking at him today, looked about the same to me.
From Daves pics CJ looks to have trimmed down and looks fit as, should be able to run players off their legs this year.

From Daves pics CJ looks to have trimmed down and looks fit as, should be able to run players off their legs this year.

He looked fit/quicker today and was kicking really well, he started to take players on when he had the ball last year and it worked pretty well for him. As much as bagged him over the summer for his dwarf-flame-incident he has been in good form recently.

Quality journalism, apparently Intra Club game was against Sandringham!

6ehu8u2e.jpg

I thought it was a nice touch having Saints vs Sandy ( rather than the previous nameless colored tops).
Probably confused the Journo's though ( not hard ).
The handout team lists were good to.

Fair enough, he's always been massive in the upper body...but thought he'd bulked up hugely in his thighs.

I thought it was a nice touch having Saints vs Sandy ( rather than the previous nameless colored tops).
Probably confused the Journo's though ( not hard ).
The handout team lists were good to.

Yeah I thought it was good aswell.. What did everyone think of new Saints jumpers? Must say they didn't transform from photo onto ground very well. Couldn't really see Stickman, just didn't look right I thought. But individually they look awesome!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back