Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 39 92.9%
  • Bombers

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of drafts, last years draft was supposed to be the weakest on record, but we seemed to have landed some very good talent were 3 maybe four could have a crack of seniors this year.

Either the draft wasn't as weak as some said, we drafted particularly well or a combo of both (which I would posit)
Have been thinking the same thing, some clubs came out and said basically sh*t draft and bailed PA comes to mind...where as the Saints stuck to the 'we will go to the draft to get good kids' line.

I can just see the headline now - Disgruntled Barrels shoots Captain for mis-pronouncing team name!
If we win a flag, barrels and everyone else here will be sluring our clubs name worse than Saint Kilda thats for sure.

Who knows if Wilson can play football yet but he is one hell of an athlete. He goes from being stationary to immediately hitting top speed, looks like he should be playing for GWS with that kind of athleticism.

I must’ve been watching a different game to a few one here saying Phillipou won’t be a midfielder. He had plenty of nice moments in close, ball use was good (what about the Bont-like right foot kick to Higgins holy moly) and could’ve kicked two goals.

Guess what? I went against your advice and seeded over my lawn.
Gee it looks a treat!
Neighbours not talking to me now out of pure jealousy. Two birds with one stone! 😍

Jesus you must have been jerking off for hours to get enough for the whole lawn. Hope it was a courtyard.

Can't wait for the Autopsy thread when we win the flag, and our Captain thanks all San Kilduh fans for their loyalty... ;)
If Jack wins us a flag, I'm happy to adopt however he pronounces it as the official be-all-and-end-all reference of how to pronounce our name.

Until then I'll probably stick with "Snt", although the "Saint" proponents clearly won the weekend Wiki battle. Came very close to making the switch, but would prefer to not sound like a bogan at the end of the day, or incur the wrath of Barrels.

Point of note: Doggies finally won their second flag when they changed their name to the Western Bulldogs. Basset has a great chance to kill at least 2 birds with one stone here. Bayside and South-Eastern Saints. No pron issues, no pissing contests over Nordic history knowledge or who was/wasn't a Saint. Big fan catchment area. Great ring to it, "Come on Bayside and South-Eastern!". BSES. Can't go wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m betting Gringworm went to a Steiner school tho

We have a mate who went to Steiner and he's as mad as a cut snake. He's a lawyer and the most competitive bloke you'd ever meet. Too much hand holding and Papier Mache sent him over the edge.

Until then I'll probably stick with "Snt", although the "Saint" proponents clearly won the weekend Wiki battle. Came very close to making the switch, but would prefer to not sound like a bogan at the end of the day, or incur the wrath of Barrels.
GIF by filmeditor

We have a mate who went to Steiner and he's as mad as a cut snake. He's a lawyer and the most competitive bloke you'd ever meet. Too much hand holding and Papier Mache sent him over the edge.

N62p9LZ.gif

Who knows if Wilson can play football yet but he is one hell of an athlete. He goes from being stationary to immediately hitting top speed, looks like he should be playing for GWS with that kind of athleticism.

I must’ve been watching a different game to a few one here saying Phillipou won’t be a midfielder. He had plenty of nice moments in close, ball use was good (what about the Bont-like right foot kick to Higgins holy moly) and could’ve kicked two goals.
Agree on Pou.
I think one of Wilson’s best attributes is his footy brain. Genuinely good footballer with incredible athletic traits. Excellent season all the way through last year. I have no idea why clubs dropped off him.

Agree on Pou.
I think one of Wilson’s best attributes is his footy brain. Genuinely good footballer with incredible athletic traits. Excellent season all the way through last year. I have no idea why clubs dropped off him.
Pou needs confidence, that's all.

Was found flat footed a few times, and went for handballs that should have been kicks.

Have been thinking the same thing, some clubs came out and said basically sh*t draft and bailed PA comes to mind...where as the Saints stuck to the 'we will go to the draft to get good kids' line.

We've been guilty in the past.

Was the theme for the 2009 draft ( which no-one really cared about at StKilda ).
Koby Stevens, Nat Fyfe, Jake Carlisle , Mitch Duncan, Max Gawn, Jack Gunston, David Astbury, Sam Reid, Ben Stratton.

We traded for a bad character, and drafted a token name.

Back