General Sport Discussion (non-AFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh boy. Denver have gone full Fukushima.

meltdown2_medium.jpg

Really hope Wilson doesn't get MVP by default. This wasn't a game won on offence.

Not sure who'd you pick off the defence though. Maybe Smith, for a int TD and fumble recovery, but it's just been really solid across the board.

Dallas' Larry Brown became the first cornerback to be named Super Bowl MVP, by recording two interceptions in the second half.

Baltimore's Ray Lewis, who made 3 solo tackles, 2 assists, and blocked 4 passes, became the second linebacker to be named Super Bowl MVP

Tampa Bay safety Dexter Jackson, who had two of those interceptions and returned them for 34 yards, was named Super Bowl MVP. Jackson became only the second safety and third defensive back to ever be named Super Bowl MVP.

I guess, going off history, Smith could get it for two turnovers, one for a TD... If only he was a name player.

Absolutely dominant performance by Seattle, one of the best of all time in defence. If Wilson doesn't get it I'll say Chancellor, although it should go to the whole Seattle defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What now for Manning? Hard to see him coming back from that. Do Denver look to the future now?

Really? He just came off one of the greatest seasons of all time. SBs are so few and far between in the NFL that they'd be nuts to get rid of the guy that carried them there when they've still got a window open.

Really? He just came off one of the greatest seasons of all time. SBs are so few and far between in the NFL that they'd be nuts to get rid of the guy that carried them there when they've still got a window open.

Yes, really. Old, sore and I suspect snake-bitten after his last two Superbowls.

They've invested in him and will probably persist but I just can't see him getting it done in a Super Bowl again. Window isn't as ajar as it would appear despite the fact they just played in a Super Bowl.

Manning isn't the problem but I reckon Elway needs to do major work on that roster to get ready for a post Manning era. They can postpone that to make the most of Manning, and probably will but I will buy you a coke if they win a Super Bowl.

He had a great regular season but I just can't shake the feeling that that was the last gasp of a champion.

Yes, really. Old, sore and I suspect snake-bitten after his last two Superbowls.

They've invested in him and will probably persist but I just can't see him getting it done in a Super Bowl again. Window isn't as ajar as it would appear despite the fact they just played in a Super Bowl.

Manning isn't the problem but I reckon Elway needs to do major work on that roster to get ready for a post Manning era. They can postpone that to make the most of Manning, and probably will but I will buy you a coke if they win a Super Bowl.

He had a great regular season but I just can't shake the feeling that that was the last gasp of a champion.

They really need to make some investment in their defence - their offence is fine at the moment, with only Decker a FA this year I believe (maybe Thomas), and that was part of the problem in this SB. If Denver had been able to get Seattle off the field and get the occasional short field it would've been a different game, but they didn't and couldn't so it blew out.

Not sure who'd you pick off the defence though. Maybe Smith, for a int TD and fumble recovery, but it's just been really solid across the board.

Well at least they got that right. :D

Well at least they got that right. :D

Would have been nice to see the Post game but apparently OneHD thinks Omnisport (the blandest sports news program on TV by a country mile) could not be ignored.

That will teach me for cancelling the foxtel sports package in the footy off season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back