Competitions Tontine Tipping Comp - 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Did any of the other ideas/rules get the nod for this game? i.e. tipping the underdog for immunity etc? If so, perhaps someone could update the first post to clarify?
Still trying to figure out how to go this week....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Righto... I'm on GWS to beat St Kilda!!!! And hopefully get an underdog win.

I had hoped to delete my post before anyone had noticed it ....... I only had to look at the odds 5 or 6 times before remembering how betting works, GWS very slight favourites at the moment.

North please. I want to believe the only reason the eagles looked so good was that the bulldogs were so bad.

With the cats they seem to be the stand out pick so for a laugh I'll go Giants
Righto... I'm on GWS to beat St Kilda!!!! And hopefully get an underdog win.
Also going to go out on a limb for GWS.

Hi all, you are of course welcome to pick GWS, but just to make clear, they are currently favourites, as Quokka just posted. This is as per the Ozbet website (and replicated elsewhere).

If they happen to fall into underdog status before bouncedown, then they will automatically become an underdog pick (even if they then become favourites again), because of Rule #4.

However, if they stay favourites all week, then they are not an underdog pick, and you are not eligible for an Immunity round.

Your game, your rules but on this, I reckon as long as they post before the start of the relevant game. It gives people a chance who miss the start of a round for whatever reason.

Fair point - have had a think, and unfortunately I think we have to keep it as is, due to Rule #5.

Essentially, if you fail to tip the round, then you get the biggest outsider. If that team happens to play Friday night and actually win, then for someone who missed the start of the round, they could just pass for the whole weekend and claim the free victory.

So unfortunately people will just have to get in before the start of the round, or they get the biggest underdog.

Happy for people to send me multiple rounds in advance, if they are going away/think they will forget. And then happy for the tips to change closer to the round if need be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back