All things James Frawley - pick #3 compensation

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok so I've basically heard today the 800k price tag talk has eliminated a few teams that have already asked about him that there was no interest in. There are 2 successful teams that can make a play at that price however my mail is he is very happy to stay at mfc.

Gotta trust Taylor to pick footballers who can play. I can't be warned off draft picks for the rest of my life because of Statler (Harrington) and Waldorf (Prendergast)

Statler+and+Waldorf.jpg

Above: Prendo and Harro wonder where James Strauss' elite foot skills went?
Serious lols.

Gotta trust Taylor to pick footballers who can play. I can't be warned off draft picks for the rest of my life because of Statler (Harrington) and Waldorf (Prendergast)

Statler+and+Waldorf.jpg

Above: Prendo and Harro wonder where James Strauss' elite foot skills went?

You mean like how Taylor picked Toumpas instead of Wines, Macrae or Grundy?

To me it seems that he wants to stay but he's just put out a totally unrealistic amount to see whzt happens. On frawleys last 2 years who would pay that. That being said please someone take him, he's overrated and we could use the pick 2 on top of our well deserved 1 we'll get.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk

You mean like how Taylor picked Toumpas instead of Wines, Macrae or Grundy?

That was the year we had no one and Viney was doing the recruiting. :oops:

22-0....:thumbsu:

Taylors first draft was last season

Would you not want any of those players?

Of course I would want all of them, they would all improve our team. Ben Reid has re-signed I think though.

The problem is when we start desperately throwing cash at whoever will listen, we look... well... desperate. It has to be a measured, targeted approach like we took last year as opposed to wildly chasing any player with 'experience' who would listen/wasn't getting a game at their previous club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course I would want all of them, they would all improve our team. Ben Reid has re-signed I think though.

The problem is when we start desperately throwing cash at whoever will listen, we look... well... desperate. It has to be a measured, targeted approach like we took last year as opposed to wildly chasing any player with 'experience' who would listen/wasn't getting a game at their previous club.
Haha I know mate, hence me suggesting it casually on a football forum as opposed to applying for a job in our list management department ;)

What I was getting at with my last post, was that with Clark retiring, I reckon the AFL will give us a priority pick.

So ideally, I would like to keep Chip, and trade in some more depth using our early picks.

I would piss Spud Frawley off and get some young bloke who can kick

Losing Frawley for a kid is the worst thing that can happen to this club.

It will only set us back further once again, - and we will be pretty much cemented as nothing more than a feeder team for the bigger clubs.

We need to break that cycle - it's critical. I don't care if we pay over for Frawley - we need to retain him and get our own free agency players in so that we can actually move up the ******* ladder!

I would happily spend all of Clarkes money on retaining Frawley, and getting Mundy as a free agent.

Then maybe even using one of our early picks to trade with GWS again - or similar.

Losing Frawley for a kid is the worst thing that can happen to this club.

It will only set us back further once again, - and we will be pretty much cemented as nothing more than a feeder team for the bigger clubs.

We need to break that cycle - it's critical. I don't care if we pay over for Frawley - we need to retain him and get our own free agency players in so that we can actually move up the ******* ladder!

I would happily spend all of Clarkes money on retaining Frawley, and getting Mundy as a free agent.

Then maybe even using one of our early picks to trade with GWS again - or similar.

Good idea but not Mundy. Too old. He won't come cheap like Vince and Cross.

Good idea but not Mundy. Too old. He won't come cheap like Vince and Cross.

Downie, Plowman, Jaksch and O'Rourke are all expiring from GWS at the end of this year.

Assuming they arent re-contracted, any of them could be got the same way we got Jed Lamb.

Downie used to be a skinny basketballer. Now he's looking at Boyd, Phillips and Giles as his competition for being Mumford's sidekick.

Plowman is a KPD prospect, and Jaksch looks like a swingman to me. O'Rourke was a highly touted mid who had injuries and couldnt break into our seniors (stop me if this sounds familiar).

Downie, Plowman, Jaksch and O'Rourke are all expiring from GWS at the end of this year.

Assuming they arent re-contracted, any of them could be got the same way we got Jed Lamb.

Downie used to be a skinny basketballer. Now he's looking at Boyd, Phillips and Giles as his competition for being Mumford's sidekick.

Plowman is a KPD prospect, and Jaksch looks like a swingman to me. O'Rourke was a highly touted mid who had injuries and couldnt break into our seniors (stop me if this sounds familiar).

I'm sure a lot of clubs are looking to loot your rejects and list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back