Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to know Bonti's stats for each quarter of his 8 games. He seems to come into games in the last quarter. I wonder if the stats back this up or just an illusion. The people I sit with at the football have spoken about this for a few weeks.

They showed 3 versions of commentary on AFL 360. SEN, ABC and Fox Footy. 3AW and Triple MMM weren't good enough it seems.

My favourite version would probably be Andy Maher's call. Hope it gets uploaded on you tube. I think he said something
along the lines of "Don't you dare..." Can anyone decipher what he said?

My favourite version would probably be Andy Maher's call. Hope it gets uploaded on you tube. I think he said something
along the lines of "Don't you dare..." Can anyone decipher what he said?
That's all I got as well - the rest was non-sensical gibberish. Pretty close to my reaction, as I stood on my couch and screamed at the TV.

That's all I got as well - the rest was non-sensical gibberish. Pretty close to my reaction, as I stood on my couch and screamed at the TV.

All I did when he kicked that goal was stand up and point at Bonti and scream his name. That's all I could do. I didn't even hear the radio!

Just recalling sitting in the cheersquad and watching that ball tumble and swirl and fall across the line makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. The roar that went up, the Bonti chant, knowing that this kid's going to wear the red, white and blue for a long, long time...

It was so loud and went past in such a blur that I can't recall exactly what I said and did, but I don't think I want to remember. What an experience.

I was on the opposite side of the ground :( but I could see it going through the whole way, just stood up and went nuts and gave it to this fat * of a melbourne supporter sitting near me, absolute tosser of a bloke just saying the stupidest s**t i've ever heard all game.

Classic example was after Boyds goal... "Cheap kicks boyd thats all youre good for, never won a hard ball in your life" everybody including Melbourne supporters just sort of looked at him like u wot m8?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early signs bode well for Bonti

c5LNkNZ.png

I don't want to get too carried away. But it's just impossible not to.

What a star this kid is. Massive kudos to the recruiters for "reaching" for him at pick four.

Marcus is like some kind of Hird/Pendlebury hybrid. There's just no ceiling. He's might end up as an elite midfielder who rests at CHF. Absolute freak show.

I don't want to get too carried away. But it's just impossible not to.

What a star this kid is. Massive kudos to the recruiters for "reaching" for him at pick four.

Marcus is like some kind of Hird/Pendlebury hybrid. There's just no ceiling. He's might end up as an elite midfielder who rests at CHF. Absolute freak show.
hopefully he is our next EJ - s**t, we have been waiting a long long time for someone who can win games off their own boot ...

New video on the Dogs site with Bonts. Kid just says all the right things. Gotta love him.
He just speaks so damn well for an 18 year old, I can't believe our luck getting such a Rolls Royce in every regard.

Has put any doubts over his selection at #4 to bed, and we're only halfway through his first year.

This kid is going to drag people through the gates for a long time... Not sure a Temple is going to be big enough for all his worshipers...

As far as I can recall, there have been only two other Dogs players who have had match winning impact in their first season.

Those players are Bernie Quinlan and Chris Grant.

As far as I can recall, there have been only two other Dogs players who have had match winning impact in their first season.

Those players are Bernie Quinlan and Chris Grant.
They're alright. But they're no Bontempelli.

My reaction at the ground:
"s**t scores a level and it's in our forward pocket."
"Go Bonts! He's doing well here"
"Go back, Macrae's free"
"Oh man he kicked it"
"Please at least be a point...hang on"
"HANG ON!"
"Oh Bullshit!!"
"BULLSHIT!"
"*en Bontempelli, you ******* star!"
"BONTEMPELLI! * yeah!"
then gibberish and hugging strangers.

One of the most ageless photos from the soccer world cup, Diego Maradona vs Belgium

article-0-000ECDF100000258-796_468x534.jpg

Need to compare this to the shot of Bontempelli just as he swings onto his right, with the crowd of Melbourne players just standing and watching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back