The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

. Still sick

Speaking of Nas - I came into this thread late, but has anyone posted the Your Old Droog EP in here yet?

There's a lot of arguments on hip-hop sites about whether he actually is Nas. Which I think is dumb, there are differences you can spot (lyrically, plenty of points where his voice isn't really close to alike; not to mention nowadays it'd be near impossible for Nas to do this secretly without some sort of leak about it), but the resemblance is uncanny on some tracks. This track especially for me:

The main reason it can't be Nas is because the beat selection is actually decent :p

Just thought I'd chuck it up for discussion, the dude is pretty dope regardless.

Speaking of Nas - I came into this thread late, but has anyone posted the Your Old Droog EP in here yet?

There's a lot of arguments on hip-hop sites about whether he actually is Nas. Which I think is dumb, there are differences you can spot (lyrically, plenty of points where his voice isn't really close to alike; not to mention nowadays it'd be near impossible for Nas to do this secretly without some sort of leak about it), but the resemblance is uncanny on some tracks. This track especially for me:

The main reason it can't be Nas is because the beat selection is actually decent :p

Just thought I'd chuck it up for discussion, the dude is pretty dope regardless.

Wasn't the big argument for it being Nas was that his label dropped it and why would his label drop an EP of a no name out of the blue?

Wasn't the big argument for it being Nas was that his label dropped it and why would his label drop an EP of a no name out of the blue?

As far as I know it's totally independent, Nas's label did post something on twitter along the lines of "Is this Nas? We're sworn to secrecy" iirc though.

I think it's just a dude who happens to sound a fair bit like him, as much as I'd love Nas doing a secret little EP with no-name producers it's not realistic. Has helped droog's publicity a heap though, doubt he'd mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone here a fan of Sadistik? He's very well thought of one the US label hip-hop site I post on. I bought Flowers For My Father (and its predecessor), but haven' quite had the urge to play and replay. He's clearly a talent, but for me it's a tad too downbeat and samey.

Example here:

I know a lot of Stereotypes may think Hopsin is "fake" etc, but he is far from it. Dude addresses real s**t. He's quickly becoming my 2nd favorite rapper with tracks such as these.

This dude here is as underground as they come, a real up and comer. He is on the same record label as Hop (Funk Volume).

I know a lot of Stereotypes may think Hopsin is "fake" etc, but he is far from it. Dude addresses real s**t. He's quickly becoming my 2nd favorite rapper with tracks such as these.

This dude here is as underground as they come, a real up and comer. He is on the same record label as Hop (Funk Volume).

Eh Hopsin is talented but he's corny as * and acts like a 14yr old. Not to mention he ******* disses legends of the game which makes him look like an idiot

Eh Hopsin is talented but he's corny as **** and acts like a 14yr old. Not to mention he ******* disses legends of the game which makes him look like an idiot
This is the misconception. He ain't the slightest bit corny. Only people who have heard "Sag My Pants" say that. He's also very intellectual. What legends of the game has he dissed? Lil Wayne? Yeah, he's a legend.

This is the misconception. He ain't the slightest bit corny. Only people who have heard "Sag My Pants" say that. He's also very intellectual. What legends of the game has he dissed? Lil Wayne? Yeah, he's a legend.

Are you kidding me? Hopsin is hella corny. I'm actually a Hopsin fan and have listened to all his work.

He's dissed Weezy, Lupe, Kendrick, Tyler, Kanye. All who are way better rappers than him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back