The Hip Hop Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

BoshtrichBurger, give that Open Mike Eagle stuff a go, might be up your alley. Particularly bottom of page 29 track before all this crap started popping up (Again)
I actually downloaded Dark Comedy right after listening to some of the tracks you posted. :p

Don't mind it. It'll take a while for me to warm to some of the tracks but yeah I'm liking the vibe.

I actually downloaded Dark Comedy right after listening to some of the tracks you posted. :p

Don't mind it. It'll take a while for me to warm to some of the tracks but yeah I'm liking the vibe.
Yeah, the type of album you 'enjoy' the first play through and then it just grows on you...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can get behind Hopsin's flow and some of the production. But he is super preachy and has a lot of whiny, cringey hooks. He talks about some problems but stays very much on the surface and isn't a gifted story teller. Reeks of his just saying 'this is bad, don't do this' and not exploring anything about motive, the root of the problem, intricacies etc. To be completely honest I prefer him when he's bragodocious because I feel he's just out of his depth when he's trying to get a message across.

Pretty glad this thread seems to have moved on from debating Wayne and Hopsin...

Pharoahe Monch has been underrated for years I reckon... pity he only seems to be remotely known for that Simon Says song. When he's on his game, he's absolute fire... his verse in this is surely one of the greatest verses of all time:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back