Round 18 trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno why people are saying Sandi will be rested. I've seen it all year.
1. Split round coming up, everyone gets a weeks rest.
2. Freo's place isn't set like last year, they're pushing for top 4, and are a sneaky chance for top 2. All hands on deck.

Moving him on would be a waste of a trade, IMO.

R22 they play Brisbane at the Gabba, the biggest road trip in the country. Their coach is Ross Lyon. Kidding yourself if you don't think he will rest 6-8 players like every other year. Their top 2 spot will be cemented by then.

R22 they play Brisbane at the Gabba, the biggest road trip in the country. Their coach is Ross Lyon. Kidding yourself if you don't think he will rest 6-8 players like every other year. Their top 2 spot will be cemented by then.

Absurd. You're kidding yourself if you think they would've cemented any spot.
So who do you think they will easily pass? Hawthorn? Sydney? They're still a game behind Geelong too.

The difference between finishing 2nd and 3rd is too great for them to risk dropping any game until finals.
If Sandi is fit, he plays.

So who do you think they will easily pass? Hawthorn? Sydney? They're still a game behind Geelong too.

The difference between finishing 2nd and 3rd is too great for them to risk dropping any game until finals.

They are on equal points with Geelong mate. They are currently 2nd on the ladder behind Sydney. I think they will beat the Cats and they play the Hawks at Patterson's so I think they will win that too. 2nd spot will be theirs and Ross Lyon will take the Brisbane game as a freshen up. Can't deny he has form.

They are on equal points with Geelong mate. They are currently 2nd on the ladder behind Sydney. I think they will beat the Cats and they play the Hawks at Patterson's so I think they will win that too. 2nd spot will be theirs and Ross Lyon will take the Brisbane game as a freshen up. Can't deny he has form.

Woops was looking at an old ladder, my bad. You are spot on.
My point remains though. If losing the game means dropping to 3rd, he will not take that risk.

Look at this scenario from last year.
2013, round 22 has ended, Geelong are 2nd only 2 points clear of Freo.
Geelong have Brisbane at home, Freo have to travel to Melbourne to play St.Kilda.
Ross Lyon assumes Geelong will win, and rests 7 players. Freo loses by 71 points.
Geelong scrape home over Brisbane by 1 point.

What would have happened if Brisbane had won? Would he have been chastised for letting 2nd place and a home final slip by resting so many players in a loss to a lowly St.Kilda?
Oh and BTW, Sandilands played in that game. He wasn't rested.

If you have the cash you could upgrade him Or get Mitchell but no trades will be tough.
Cash isn't a worry, only issue is burning all my trades.

That said...he's annoying me enough to say "heck this".

Woops was looking at an old ladder, my bad. You are spot on.
My point remains though. If losing the game means dropping to 3rd, he will not take that risk.

Look at this scenario from last year.
2013, round 22 has ended, Geelong are 2nd only 2 points clear of Freo.
Geelong have Brisbane at home, Freo have to travel to Melbourne to play St.Kilda.
Ross Lyon assumes Geelong will win, and rests 7 players. Freo loses by 71 points.
Geelong scrape home over Brisbane by 1 point.

What would have happened if Brisbane had won? Would he have been chastised for letting 2nd place and a home final slip by resting so many players in a loss to a lowly St.Kilda?
Oh and BTW, Sandilands played in that game. He wasn't rested.

Yeah I agree that if Freo desperately need the 4 points against Brisbane they won't rest them all but there is a big chance it will happen so you'd want to have a trade spare incase it happens!

Also, Sandi didn't play until R15 last year hence why he wasn't rested. He has played every game this year and will probably be one that gets rested IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 Trades left. Final forward upgrade.

Shenton to Gray (although it is somewhat concerning he is only averaging 95 in the last 5 games).

Is Dahlhaus worth a look? Or just stick with Gray (cant afford Boomer)

Yeah I agree that if Freo desperately need the 4 points against Brisbane they won't rest them all but there is a big chance it will happen so you'd want to have a trade spare incase it happens!

Also, Sandi didn't play until R15 last year hence why he wasn't rested. He has played every game this year and will probably be one that gets rested IMO.

Fair call, wouldn't Ross Lyon love to have the luxury!?
3 crunch games:
Geelong vs. Freo
Hawthorn vs. Sydney
Freo vs. Hawthorn
Freo would need to win both, and probably have Sydney beat Hawthorn. Would then be a game and massive percentage ahead of Geelong in 3rd.

Sandi out wouldn't be my major headache though, it would be Fyfe! :eek:

They will be 1-2 games ahead, Hawthorn have a tough run, Geelong aren't that good and Port are falling apart. They are clearly the two best teams and it's not certain but it's more than likely they will be cemented in 2nd by then. So them being rested is a definite possibility. That's the only reason I chose Libba over Fyfe with my last trade.

Shenton to Gray (although it is somewhat concerning he is only averaging 95 in the last 5 games).

Gray's a better bet than Dalhaus.

Shaw -> Mitchell
$110k in the kitty

Next week:
Gardiner -> Cheapie, Wingard (B/E just under 80) -> JPK (B/E of 140) but should have cash left over in case they move further apart

EDIT: Should I use the second trade this week to upgrade Jaensch?

I doubt Gray will play this week. Got knocked out badly just before final siren.
This is assuming he is playing. Shenton is going to bleed cash unless I trade him this week

As a Dahlhaus owner, I can say he is incredibly frustrating. His last score was out of the box. Hadn't had too many good scores since a good run earlier this year. I'm hoping he's back in that form! I didn't see the game, but perhaps Griffen's absence helped him?

Wanting to get Gray myself, but am 20k short of getting him in for Hartung. It's my last treade, so might hang on to it for a bit.
If Gray drops once more (BE 117), hopefully I'll be able to get him in.

Final trade. 448k in the bank.

I could go Shenton>Anyone, but I like the idea of having him as emergency. Especially as I'll have no trades left.

Bit left field, but was thinking:

O'Brien > Sam Mitchell

I'd have Shenton and Acres as midfield emergency, and also Sam Mitchell to drop back to DEF if one of my DPP defenders goes down with injury.

Thoughts??
Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 9.19.25 PM.png

Geelong have a very easy run home bar Hawthorn who they usually beat. I'd say it'll come down to the last round with Geelong and Freo battling it out for top 2. I see your point, but I think it'll be a lot closer than people think. Plus Brisbane at the Gabba is no longer a given.

Should I get Rockliff or JPK?
JPK should win every game from here and scores well no matter what because usually doesn't get tagged and loves the contested pill and 50k cheaper. (price isn't a huge issue)
Rockliff just a genuine jet but could get tagged, but also loves contested ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back