Toast Cameron Wood

Remove this Banner Ad

smashbox gill

Premiership Player
Jun 25, 2008
Donnie
AFL Club
Carlton
Put in a very good effort first up against one of the top 3 ruckman in the league.

Took some solid marks around the ground, provided some spread and a target to kick to, and kicked a good goal and missed another.

While Goldstein was the better ruckman on the ground in my opinion, Wood had a crack and provided a serious contest.

Massive upgrade from Warnock. Should stay in the team over Warnock.

Last edited:
Looks a totally different player (albeit off one performance) to his days with us. His body looks like it has finally reached its peak. Think most Pies fans will be happy for him. Good on ya Woody.

Put in a very good effort first up.

Took some solid marks around the ground, provided some spread and a target to kick to, and kicked a good goal and missed another.

While Goldstein was the better ruckman on the ground in my opinion, Wood had a crack and provided a serious contest.

Massive upgrade from Warnock. Should stay in the team over Warnock.

Trade Warnock for anything!! :thumbsu:

7 marks, 3 contested, excellent ruckwork, pushed hard around the ground and hunted the ball which Warnock doesn't do. Could have had a bit more had we used him a bit more. Disposal was neat, kicked a goal and good enough to have two shots.

Took what he has been doing in the VFL straight into the AFL.

Would be happy to have a guy who plays like that as our number 1 ruck for the next 10 years.

Big man, who plays like a big man, doesn't get pushed out or pushed around, wins the taps and to advantage, dangerous in the air and can run and read the play.

Been at a few clubs now but looks like he may have come of age.

It's up to Warnock to respond in the VFL.

I swear he d!cked em around the ground. Feel norths mids like Spitta and Cunnington were getting a pretty good ride from goldie in the ruck but he battled hard.

Good on ya woody. Great effort first up!!

Well done Cameron, great effort should definitely be kept in the team. Probably took more marks in one game than Warnock has all year! !

Took marks and linked up through the midfield a few times too. Just a good solid performance you want from your ruckman.

What surprised me a couple times is how quickly he moves when he gets the wheels wound up in a straight line. Saw it when he chased Boomer and another time when he had to accelerate to get to the position he needed to mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wood and kreuzer could make a good ruck combo. If Wood continues like this Warnock is a mighty expensive depth ruckman to keep around......

Wood is now in that ripe age for ruckman, also his body hasn't been battered around the last few years so he's been able to mature into his big frame without full AFL crash and bash...

Just off one game a pretty decent Rookie selection.

I wonder how Warnock felt watching tonight
awww-3-sad-face.jpg

Extremely positive performance from Cam Wood, well done big fella!

Didn't win the ruck duel but contested very well and, more importantly, provided excellent service around the ground compared to what we are used to. Even had a bit left in the talk to sprint after Harvey and put plenty of pressure on towards the end of the game.

Felt good to see a Carlton ruck taking marks and linking up through the middle of the ground effectively :)

I feel a bit sorry for Knockers for all the bagging and comparisons, but I think for a lot of us we're just happy seeing a ruck in Blue this year taking marks and having presence around the ground.

Looks like Cam's body has filled out too. Last I remember of him at AFL level he looked kind of slight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back