Hot Topic The President, CEO & the Board - CARLTON SUPPORTERS ONLY!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a disgrace! absolutely appauling.

Someone who has been involved in salary cap scandals is not someone you want running the business side of things for your club. I mean he already has a reputation for cheating and that is not something you want a reputation for when looking at prospective investors.

By hearing adelaide supporters not giving any positive comments about trigg it further shows that it is the wrong decision, and the fact that i have not read a positive comment in this thread emphasises that.

Shocking decision carlton. You havent learnt from your mistakes.

You wanted to full review of all levels, and to change the way the entire club is run with a fresh start! And you go and do this??!!

Carlton you will never learn, and this could be the final straw which makes me disinterested. Shocking!

Really?

Who were the other choices?

Did you meet any of them? What were their strengths and weaknesses?

Could they draw a football?

There is a very very good case to be made that getting an experienced CEO is the way to go.

The only guy I'd never support is Cam Schwab, the guy is a total pumpkin.

Trigg? let's see.

As others have mentioned.. It's just too hard not to see this as another in a long list of mediocre decisions.

I have never seen a CEO of a football club cheered out of town like this with the Adelaide supporters right now. The last thing we need right now is another person in leadership so out of touch with the supporters of the club, I am genuinely worried about our short/medium term future.

Sack Trigg!! Sack LoGiudice!! Sack the board!!

The same people complaining about Trigg's appointment because of his coloured salary cap past will be the same people that will one day welcome Silvagni with open arms and ignore he accepted money under the table and knowingly helped the club breach the salary cap.

Where do you get off mate? Regardless about what you think of the Trigg appointment, SOS is ******* Carlton royalty. The Silvagnis have given more to this club than just about anyone and are just about to give more with one of his sons due for father/son selection.

Leave SOS out of this.

edit: oh wow. I completely flew off the handle and misread your post. I apologise for that :oops:

What's this? I was in the car and opened up the app and read that CARLTON will announce that TRIGG is the new CEO. Have they not learned? I'm starting to believe the notion that Carlton doesn't know what it takes to win a premiership anymore. They don't know how to be successful in the modern era. Turning out to be like Richmond.

His salary cap fiasco alone is a reason why no one should employ him. So which club employs him? The club that is trying to rebuild and pick up from being destroyed by breaching the salary cap.

Carlton is the exact opposite of Hawthorn. The Hawks are maximising their supporter base, memberships and crowd attendances by not only their on field success, but their off field success/decisions as well. The Blues however, are atrocious on and off the field. To those calling for the supporters to trust the board, what a joke.

People are forgetting what a powerhouse Adelaide used to be. Up there with West Coast, Collingwood and Essendon. Now they're a middle of the road side, both on and off the field.

F***
Unbelievable

Hard to know what to think about this. No positives come to mind.

I'm not sure what Trigg has done to enhance his reputation and make him the best candidate for the job. Maybe he was the only one interested?

As it stands we are on the back foot. It's a PR disaster. Cheating club trying to clean up its image hires cheating CEO. He leaves Adelaide where he is hated by most supporters (he calls them agitators) and comes to Carlton where the supporters view him with suspicion.

You'd have to think that any other CEO with a profile, whether it be the soccer guy, the tennis guy, whoever ... at least they would have started with a wave of optimism and positive PR.

I know we are no experts, but gee this does smack of the board saying 'we know what is best for the club, we don't care what you think or at least haven't considered it, we just expect members to get on board no matter what'. We had fall out from Fev leaving, fall out from Ratten being sacked, now there will be some fall out from Trigg being appointed. Our membership can't afford to take too many hits.

All things being equal with two candidates, you'd not take Trigg and the PR hit. This tells me we have sunk so low no other quality applicant wanted the job and we erred in running Swann off too soon, or the club is giving jobs to industry mates.

Do we run a book on how long it takes for Trigg to call disillusioned Carlton fans 'agitators' too?

One thing is for certain though. Neither LoGiudice or any of the board have any greater claim over the Carlton board than we do. They are voted in by members, and they can be voted out by members, and they'd do well to stop and sense the mood of the members from time to time. Some posters have said they are impressed by the new president thus far. I don't know. I only read the boards and the media and am not located close enough for a meet and greet, so all I know about is a meteoric rise and endorsement from within, a failed attempt to recruit the Hawks bloke which created negative PR, and this. What else has there been?

I'm not walking away from the club under any circumstances. Every official, every director, every player is but a blip in what has been and will be a long history by the time the Carlton Football Club cease to exist. Me supporting the club in no way suggests I am happy with everything people do in its name.

Yet another situation where we wait and see because .... what else are we going to do?

Sign Menz and it won't matter. Trigg can try as he might to screw us over but Menz will save us :p

Someone pass me the straws to clutch.

Sign Menz and it won't matter. Trigg can try as he might to screw us over but Menz will save us :p

Someone pass me the straws to clutch.

Maybe they are holding back on re-signing announcements to cover the fall out from this appointment?

Hard to know what to think about this. No positives come to mind.

I'm not sure what Trigg has done to enhance his reputation and make him the best candidate for the job. Maybe he was the only one interested?

As it stands we are on the back foot. It's a PR disaster. Cheating club trying to clean up its image hires cheating CEO. He leaves Adelaide where he is hated by most supporters (he calls them agitators) and comes to Carlton where the supporters view him with suspicion.

You'd have to think that any other CEO with a profile, whether it be the soccer guy, the tennis guy, whoever ... at least they would have started with a wave of optimism and positive PR.

I know we are no experts, but gee this does smack of the board saying 'we know what is best for the club, we don't care what you think or at least haven't considered it, we just expect members to get on board no matter what'. We had fall out from Fev leaving, fall out from Ratten being sacked, now there will be some fall out from Trigg being appointed. Our membership can't afford to take too many hits.

All things being equal with two candidates, you'd not take Trigg and the PR hit. This tells me we have sunk so low no other quality applicant wanted the job and we erred in running Swann off too soon, or the club is giving jobs to industry mates.

Do we run a book on how long it takes for Trigg to call disillusioned Carlton fans 'agitators' too?

One thing is for certain though. Neither LoGiudice or any of the board have any greater claim over the Carlton board than we do. They are voted in by members, and they can be voted out by members, and they'd do well to stop and sense the mood of the members from time to time. Some posters have said they are impressed by the new president thus far. I don't know. I only read the boards and the media and am not located close enough for a meet and greet, so all I know about is a meteoric rise and endorsement from within, a failed attempt to recruit the Hawks bloke which created negative PR, and this. What else has there been?

I'm not walking away from the club under any circumstances. Every official, every director, every player is but a blip in what has been and will be a long history by the time the Carlton Football Club cease to exist. Me supporting the club in no way suggests I am happy with everything people do in its name.

Yet another situation where we wait and see because .... what else are we going to do?
That sounds like Richmond. Carlton are the new Richmond :(

didnt want the adelaide oval move
gone from top 3 in revenue to bottom half
threw rendell under the bus
negotiated a horrible adelaide oval deal
crows members paying more on their season tickets
meekly allowing bailey to be suspended by the afl
allowing guys like gunston, bock and davis to leave for next to nothing
the well publicised state of origin gaffe
allowed a culture of mediocrity to sink in
and tippett saga

Quality CEO :rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gone from top 3 in revenue to bottom half
threw rendell under the bus
negotiated a horrible adelaide oval deal
crows members paying more on their season tickets
meekly allowing bailey to be suspended by the afl
allowing guys like gunston, bock and davis to leave for next to nothing
the well publicised state of origin gaffe
allowed a culture of mediocrity to sink in
and tippett saga

It's not all negative. Jacobs ... Betts ... he's good at screwing over those Carlton pricks! Oh wait ....

My take on things. FWIW.

gone from top 3 in revenue to bottom half - SA economy not too flash?
threw rendell under the bus - don't care
negotiated a horrible adelaide oval deal - Port in the same boat. Both had to accommodate SANFL demands for sweeteners losing AAMI
crows members paying more on their season tickets - chardonnay included?
meekly allowing bailey to be suspended by the afl - won't comment out of respect
allowing guys like gunston, bock and davis to leave for next to nothing - on the flip side Jacobs and Betts
the well publicised state of origin gaffe - he is the Crows CEO after all
allowed a culture of mediocrity to sink in - they still a large corporate player; just shy of a Grand Final in 2012
and tippett saga - damning

Not really happy on face-value with this likely Trigg appointment - BEIGE and TARNISHED. See how it goes - will try and keep an open mind. Disappointed Macka didn't get the gig - do you reckon he might go back to Adelaide?

I guess we should get that Swann bloke who was highly rated and didn't break the Pies, but ultimately, didn't deliver and turn us into a big club.

No one tipped that Robson would help screw up Essendon* after they poached him from the Hawks. That appointment was considered a win for Essendon*"

Trigg's failure at Adelaide doesn't guarantee he's going to make the same mistakes at Carlton.

Neil Balme was considered to be a failed coach before he became Collingwood's and Geelong's Football Manager under Mick and Bomber Thompson. Pies got close. Geelong won a few flags after coming under fire after missing the finals eight years ago.

We even have people and the media gunning for Mick who is a great coach. I guess we can't win. :cool:

The safe and palatable option for the masses and our image doesn't make him or her the best candidate. Club would know this. Even McLachlan thinks Trigg can work at another club. Hold your fire before listening to Adelaide fans who are quite rightly aggrieved. Can only judge Trigg on what he does tomorrow. Would be a fool to do that again.

The AFL would have been happy for Trigg to join the Saints, but he rebuffed their interest.

Last edited:
I guess we should get that Swann bloke who was highly rated and didn't break the Pies, but ultimately, didn't deliver and turn us into a big club.

No one tipped that Robson would help screw up Essendon* after they poached him from the Hawks. That appointment was considered a win for Essendon*"

Trigg's failure at Adelaide doesn't guarantee he's going to make the same mistakes at Carlton.

Neil Balme was considered to be a failed coach before he became Geelong's Football Manager. They won a few flags after coming under fire after missing the finals eight years ago.

We even have people and the media gunning for Mick who is a great coach. I guess we can't win. :cool:

The safe and palatable option for the masses and our image doesn't make him or her the best candidate. Club would know this. Even McLachlan thinks Trigg can work at another club. Hold your fire before listening to Adelaide fans who are quite rightly aggrieved. Can only judge Trigg on what he does tomorrow. Would be a fool to do that again.

The AFL would have been happy for Trigg to join the Saints, but he rebuffed their interest.

I'm not sure what McLachlan and the AFL being happy with has to do with anything. We're not after AFL endorsement are we?

Even though you are intent on being fine with anything and everything, you surely have to agree that this is one move that starts us from a minus position, at least PR wise?

We don't know if it will prove to be good or bad, that is true. Some end up good, some end up bad. If this one ends up bad, it comes with an extra kick though as we had some sort of form guide available to us.

I've used Egon Zehnder a few times - I like them - they always recommend the candidates I suggested in the first place and deliver nice independant reports to the Board proving that my wise decisions were arrived at independently.:thumbsu:

Well, if Trigg does ruin us, we'll always have the win against Adelaide this year to comfort us :straining:

no but seriously i expect a statement from the club explaining their appointment and addressing why exactly members shouldn't jump off (which they already will)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back