Robbo cries for his beloved Albert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have trouble of thinking about Robbo being a master anything, except maybe a bator.

If people are moving towards explaining Robbo in the terms of one of those 'Karl Pilkington is actually just an invention of Gervais and Merchant' style theories, I guess Merchant's response to that is applicable (I'll paraphrase):

"I would not have squandered a character that good on this poxy radio station/newspaper/TV show"

Maybe they can invent a new body piercing called 'The James Albert'.

Any ideas ?

hmmmm interesting - do a google search on "the james albert" and the first page comprises:

"sophisticated hair care" product company
keratin botox treatment
school of cosmetology
hair salons
and a screenwriter whose most famous work is "classmates" about a school reunion reminiscing of their past

How does he not have a role? They said quite clearly he'll be spending the rest of the season on strategy and list management.

He's not going to be involved his season. They said that all along. Maybe if Bomber had something in particular he wanted him to do, but clearly there wasn't. If EFC were no hope of playing finals there may have been a larger development role for him. But they're still in the hunt and Bomber is guiding them.

No coaching role Bunk - read man! No coaching role means no contact with the players, no role in training or on match days. The roles you outlined are list management and footy manager roles.

Love a good journo spat. Purple just gave Robbo a bit of a whack suggesting he should take off his Ess jumper with number 5 on the back when he writes stories.

Purple suggesting that key players have told him they didn't want Hird involved in 2014 and that Neil Craig was a key person in this decision.

Good to see Journo's at either end of the spectrum on this issue being called out for their blind loyalty/ bias rather than just reporting on the facts.

Look forward to Robbo's whack back to Purple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love a good journo spat. Purple just gave Robbo a bit of a whack suggesting he should take off his Ess jumper with number 5 on the back when he writes stories.

"Errr....ummm....what can I say.....errr....huh....I write what.....umm....err...I think readers....look, I could say a lot"

I'm not sure what to make of Robbo's article, I think he may have jumped to his conclusion, player he talked too wanted Hird back, Bomber wanted Hird in some role, Hird I'm sure if he had a choice would have loved too.
Robbo's added that up and got Hird is gone.

Maybe he is right. I have some doubts on Hird returning.

Purple suggesting that key players have told him they didn't want Hird involved in 2014 and that Neil Craig was a key person in this decision.

Good to see Journo's at either end of the spectrum on this issue being called out for their blind loyalty/ bias rather than just reporting on the facts.

Robbo is too pro Essendon no doubt, but Purple admitted to being anti Essendon on the radio yesterday, he lacks the balance just as much as Robbo.

And, he has a few tickets on himself does Purple I'm just wonder who on earth would want a footy signed by him? (or any non playing journo for that matter)

BtYIXHsCIAAfqxx.jpg

Robbo is too pro Essendon no doubt, but Purple admitted to being anti Essendon on the radio yesterday, he lacks the balance just as much as Robbo.

The thing is, being anti-Essendon is a growing club. A lot of people were quite happy to accept maybe Essendon made a mistake at the beginning, but the way the club has performed since then has alienated a lot of people.

LLoyd also seemed to be surprised by the severity of decision and critical of it not being resolved earlier......despite every bomber poster on here claiming it was old news and they themselves have know for months.

Yep, Robbo all upset with the Essendon board for not bringing the Reverend James Albert back ASAP.

Surely its time for Uncle Rupert to fire his arse and put us out of our misery and having to read this propaganda every second day. Worst chief football writer in history, utterly appalling.

Hird’s own club has cast him aside and, for the first time, you have to wonder if he will be cast aside for good.
BOMBERS TELL HIRD TO STAY AWAY
This is a kneejerk decision and Little has given an appalling explanation of why.
Coach Mark Thompson wants Hird back to help win matches, the players want Hird back to help them win matches, yet Little and the board, and you suspect the head of football Neil Craig, have allowed paranoia and distraction to hijack the very essence of football clubs: loyalty and support.
Hird is an Essendon man. Yet Little yesterday told Hird he wasn’t welcome and, remarkably, said it was Hird’s decision.
Please, Paul.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...es-mark-robinson/story-fni5ezi5-1227001937844
Sorry, just had to call you on this. Robbo has nothing on Rucci.

I'm not sure what to make of Robbo's article, I think he may have jumped to his conclusion, player he talked too wanted Hird back, Bomber wanted Hird in some role, Hird I'm sure if he had a choice would have loved too.
Robbo's added that up and got Hird is gone.

Maybe he is right. I have some doubts on Hird returning.

And, he has a few tickets on himself does Purple I'm just wonder who on earth would want a footy signed by him? (or any non playing journo for that matter)

BtYIXHsCIAAfqxx.jpg
As far as being pro or anti Essendon it depends on the reason. An agenda would mean a bias and lack credibility but summations of the facts and forming an opinion on the actual issue based on those is a different and creditable form of "pro or anti" and doesn't necessarily lack balance. In some cases too there could be a bit of both like an agenda but at least based with some facts.

This is what posters have to decide.

Last edited:

I am assuming this was on CH9 Sunday Footy Show?

Was it late in the episode? Just watching it on delay here in WA and wouldn't mind catching it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back