Robbo cries for his beloved Albert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Robbo is that he is trying to be an Andrew Bolt but just cant crack the code.

Bolt doesn't care if he is misleading the public or whether he is morally right or wrong.

with Robbo you can see it in his eyes and body language - its eating him up

At least he has lost a lot of weight

The problem with Robbo is that he is trying to be an Andrew Bolt but just cant crack the code.

Bolt doesn't care if he is misleading the public or whether he is morally right or wrong.

with Robbo you can see it in his eyes and body language - its eating him up

At least he has lost a lot of weight
I don't see it with Robbo. Bolt is a liar to me and uses facts and figures a schoolboy could see through, but he can still argue it. Robbo OTOH gets told something, and he believes it, and he then retells it. To embarrassingly devastating results. His story about JH helping doc Reid with the letter is one of the most ridiculous. He didn't make that up. JH told him and he retold it as truth. Andrew Bolt would never be silly enough to retell such a whopper. When dealing with Hird Robbo's bs meter is turned off. He'd believe anything Hirdy told him. Only explanation I can come up with.

I don't see it with Robbo. Bolt is a liar to me and uses facts and figures a schoolboy could see through, but he can still argue it. Robbo OTOH gets told something, and he believes it, and he then retells it. To embarrassingly devastating results. His story about JH helping doc Reid with the letter is one of the most ridiculous. He didn't make that up. JH told him and he retold it as truth. Andrew Bolt would never be silly enough to retell such a whopper. When dealing with Hird Robbo's bs meter is turned off. He'd believe anything Hirdy told him. Only explanation I can come up with.

It's not just Hird with Robbo. It is nearly ALL AFL people.

To Robbo, they are warrior Gods. He is the ultimate naive hero worshipper.

With Dermott and Jimmy, he is in complete awe that he is "Friends" with them.

He will be loyal to the death for these "friends".

He is a very simple man living a dream. Unlike the soul less liar Bolt, Robbo's probably not a bad bloke. But it's unfortunate for us consumers, and embarrassing for his employers, that he is doing what he does....saturating us with inane bullshit.

It's not just Hird with Robbo. It is nearly ALL AFL people.

To Robbo, they are warrior Gods. He is the ultimate naive hero worshipper.

With Dermott and Jimmy, he is in complete awe that he is "Friends" with them.

He will be loyal to the death for these "friends".

He is a very simple man living a dream. Unlike the soul less liar Bolt, Robbo's probably not a bad bloke. But it's unfortunate for us consumers, and embarrassing for his employers, that he is doing what he does....saturating us with inane bullshit.

Pretty much spot on IMO. I called him a hero worshipper a little while back in describing him to a mate and everything he has done since reinforces my opinion of him. He feels compelled to defend Hird as he believes that's what mates do. What he doesn't realise though is he's not mates with any of them. They use him (they all do) and he's too star struck to see it. The bloke is way out of his depth in the role and doesn't understand that he needs to divorce himself from the players and report objectively.

Without fear or favour...try it some time Robbo.

And whilst I'm on it, he needs to stop acting like a buffoon. He is in the role of Chief Football Writer. Time to grow up and fill the role responsibly. It's one thing being yourself and it's another to drag the position down by acting like a fool. I go on about the time he was talking about a game and was going on about ducking out for "durries" as it was a tad on the boring side. Here we have a senior person within the footy industry and he's acting like he's a 20yo on the beers at a game. Grow up fool.

Here we have a senior person within the footy industry and he's acting like he's a 20yo on the beers at a game. Grow up fool.

You mean a made up position that holds little merit anyway? "Chief Football Writer" - what is this supposed to mean? That he's the most experienced? That he writes the most s**t? He's a journalist just like the others, and a very poor one.

May pay to have a read of EFC's report before you come on here embarassing yourself young fellla.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-05-06/dr-ziggy-switskowski-report

Happy to also link in numerous other items including the AFL's charge sheet and admission by numerous EFC personnel re the injections regime.

You may be correct though in that EFC may not now be injecting.

Of course I am. Essendon has been penalized and moved on. You need to move on to. Find a live beyond a fascination with another club.

JH shirked responserbility on 5/6 issues and then wanted to backdoor argue these issues long after the said event.
He has used robbo as a mouthpiece and robbo as a journalist should come out and say hes acting as JH mouthpiece.
After that,nothing much said apart from Little not owning up to the members of the EFC.
Pretty easy time for the gang for a sunday.
You are ridiculous mate.

Barry Young in SEN this morning. Wasn't on there to discuss Essendon situation but was asked his opinion. He pretty much said some of the things in that Robbo article indicated he has no idea what's going on.
Barry Young is also still involved at EFC in fundraising for past players. Not sure if he would have inside info but you would think he would have some idea.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This article and this thread is a good test of the difference between Essendon fans and Hird Fans.

Clearly it is in Essendons interests to have Hird not return just before finals. Those posters who are outraged like Robbo and cannot see this are Hird fans, not Essendon fans.
And in any event, probably only changes things for 2 weeks anyway.

Patrick Smith goes wallop.

“I think Mark Robinson’s column lacked intellectual rigour.
“I initially thought it was written by James Hird himself but it was so badly written I don’t think James would write that badly."
- Patrick Smith on Hungry for Sport.

Has Turfy commented yet on his article ?

You mean a made up position that holds little merit anyway? "Chief Football Writer" - what is this supposed to mean? That he's the most experienced? That he writes the most s**t? He's a journalist just like the others, and a very poor one.

It basically means that anything that's written and footy-related has to be proof-read by him. If it's not on a beer coaster beneath a frothy it automatically does not make the cut. He runs a tight ship Robbo.

Wallace also made a good point on SEN this morning. He said that especially given he has only 2 years experiance in coaching he would be best to be more involved this year. Not in a coaching capacity but more observing from close range. He mentioned something about being on a panel advising EFC re Hird and this is what was reccomended. Starting to sound more and more like Hird will never see the inside of a coaches box again.

Patrick Smith goes wallop.

“I think Mark Robinson’s column lacked intellectual rigour.
“I initially thought it was written by James Hird himself but it was so badly written I don’t think James would write that badly."
- Patrick Smith on Hungry for Sport.
Ow.

Wallace also made a good point on SEN this morning. He said that especially given he has only 2 years experiance in coaching he would be best to be more involved this year. Not in a coaching capacity but more observing from close range. He mentioned something about being on a panel advising EFC re Hird and this is what was reccomended. Starting to sound more and more like Hird will never see the inside of a coaches box again.
Wallace mentioned he was on a panel that was asked to recommend the best course of action for when Hird's suspension was finished. Their recommendation (not sure if he said Essendon implied that is what they would do) was Hird be allowed to closely observe all relevant Football Departments for the remainder of the season.

Wallace mentioned he was on a panel that was asked to recommend the best course of action for when Hird's suspension was finished. Their recommendation (not sure if he said Essendon implied that is what they would do) was Hird be allowed to closely observe all relevant Football Departments for the remainder of the season.

Sounds ok, but does anybody really think Hird would be able to restrain himself from butting in.

I'm not sure what to make of Robbo's article, I think he may have jumped to his conclusion, player he talked too wanted Hird back, Bomber wanted Hird in some role, Hird I'm sure if he had a choice would have loved too.
Robbo's added that up and got Hird is gone.

Maybe he is right. I have some doubts on Hird returning.

Robbo is too pro Essendon no doubt, but Purple admitted to being anti Essendon on the radio yesterday, he lacks the balance just as much as Robbo.

And, he has a few tickets on himself does Purple I'm just wonder who on earth would want a footy signed by him? (or any non playing journo for that matter)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...s-beloved-albert.1071026/page-8#post-34222090
BtYIXHsCIAAfqxx.jpg
You may well be right with the bolded comment but after listening to Bomber on 360 all year my impression is that he would rather have nothing to do with Hird.

I would imagine Bomber is pretty pissed off about what Hird dragged him through and what it has done to his reputation.

Now before the Hirdites start ranting this is only my opinion from watching and listening to Bomber and the fact that he has had little or no contact with Hird over the period Hird has been on his sabbatical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back