Bobby Charlton

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Leicester City
Absolute made-up false journalistic tripe from The Age anti-Essendon rag:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ust-as-hird-set-to-return-20140729-zy52m.html
...the 34 players issued with show-cause notices will almost certainly have to prove they were not administered illegal substances.
The burden of proof lies with the AFL, not with the player, according to both the AFL code and the WADA Code.
AFL CODE:
15. PROOF OF DOPING
15.1 Burden and Standard of Proof
AFL shall have the burden of establishing that an Anti Doping Rule Violation has occurred.
WADA CODE:
ARTICLE 3: PROOF OF DOPING
3.1 Burdens and Standards of Proof
The Anti-Doping Organization shall have the burden of establishing that an anti-doping rule violation has occurred.
The AGE also still doesn't know the massive difference between "illegal substances" and substances which are prohibited in sport. Jon Pierik is either an ignorant person or a malicious one.

Last edited:

Well, that clearly nullifies the SCNs and demonstrates that the joint investigation was illegal and that the punishments for Bringing the game into disrepute need to be wiped and all the money and draft picks returned.

So glad you made this thread, I will sleep easy tonight knowing these fundamental flaws have been brought to light.

ASADA has all the proof it needs hence the SCN's. All this other tit for tat stuff is a side show and everyone knows it. Time is running out for the charade cos when the time comes ASADA will put everything on the table and say we've been to court and back now tell us why we shouldnt suspend you for 2 years.

Oh no, my sleep will be disturbed again.

I just re-read the article and recited the Codes to myself.

Oh no, the sections cited by Bobby are totally different from what is described in the paper.

Oh no, the paper refers to leading up to the issue of infractions, the Code is about what happens after infractions.

Oh no, another bottle of sleeping Grange will be required tonight. Possibly a nice cigar as well to settle my nerves..

Time is running out for the charade cos when the time comes ASADA will put everything on the table and say we've been to court and back now tell us why we shouldnt suspend you for 2 years.
Didn't you know that ASADA can't suspend anyone?

Oh no, my sleep will be disturbed again.

I just re-read the article and recited the Codes to myself.

Oh no, the sections cited by Bobby are totally different from what is described in the paper.

Oh no, the paper refers to leading up to the issue of infractions, the Code is about what happens after infractions.

Oh no, another bottle of sleeping Grange will be required tonight. Possibly a nice cigar as well to settle my nerves..
After infractions is the only time that the issue of a decision on whether a violation was committed (and penalties) arises - with the burden of proof on the AFL.

Last edited:
Didn't you know that ASADA can't suspend anyone?

ASADA - AFL tribunal whoever, Im not interested in all the garbage technicalities you and some are trying to get off on. The Age/Herald Sun's stories are all irrelevant as ASADA has the proof it needs to take this further hence SCN's. I just want this cleaned up and not swept under the carpet, deal with the people responsible/involved as a swimmer or cyclist would be dealt with and get on with it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have selectively quoted from the article to damn the author as ignorant or malicious, but have conveniently left out the next sentence which provides correct context and placement within procedures:

This is the first step towards infraction notices being issued.

That now shows the sections of the Codes you have cited are not relevant to the author's comments.

Demonstrates either ignorance or malicious thread creation.

Last edited:
You have cited sections of the Codes which refer to determining violations have occurred.

The stage referred to in the article is the lead up to the issuing of infractions. that is not determining violation, it is establishing the LIKELIHOOD that a violation has been committed.

It is preparation for the hearing related to those sections of the Codes.

The author falsely places the burden of proof on the players. That contradicts the WADA Code. The author further alleges that the players will have to prove they did not take illegal substances. Not only will they never have to prove they did not take illegal substances, no one (apart from malicious and or ignorant The Age journalists and ignorant HTB foamers) has ever alleged that the players took illegal substances.

Now who's stretching the truth? What on earth do you think the SC's are?

Now who's stretching the truth? What on earth do you think the SC's are?
I wouldn't expect all casual bigfooty posters and readers to know the difference between illegal substances and substances prohibited to sports persons but I would expect a journalist of a major newspaper to know the difference.

To illustrate the ignorance (or worse) of those who's writings you lean on to form your hopes and beliefs.

We aren't leaning on anyone, merely using common bloody sense. Are you leaning on Robbo and friggen Le Grand?

This is a nothing article anyway. Who cares if Evans junior is going on a holiday at the same time Hird is returning? It is amusing to see you try and twist it though, Martin.

Jon Pierak....lol.....puhlease Bobby....lol

Shouldn't you be concentrating on Ben McDevitt, Richard Young, Malcolm Holmes and Judge Gary Downes?

lol

34 Gold Stamped SCN's for S-2 PED Thymosin Beta 4......

........Bobby......

is your mind still on the prize son?

lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back