Round 20 2014 - Richmond vs Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dominated third quarter, messed around with the ball completely.
Dons gave you the game.
If you dominated the third quarter you would have won it by more then 1 point.
I'll refer you to my original post.

Dominated third quarter, messed around with the ball completely.
Dons gave you the game.

Every team can think of a thousand occasions where they have dominated a quarter and still lost. Heck, teams have dominated almost entire games against the cats and Hawks and still lost. Essendon didn't give anyone shit; they had momentum and didnt use it well, unlike Richmond who did.

If you dominated the third quarter you would have won it by more then 1 point.
I'll refer you to my original post.

It's not an unfair analysis, probably had the 4 best passages of ball movement for the game in that quarter, only one goal IIRC. Fair play to the Tigers though, took their chances and got the win. Congrats.

Every team can think of a thousand occasions where they have dominated a quarter and still lost. Heck, teams have dominated almost entire games against the cats and Hawks and still lost. Essendon didn't give anyone shit; they had momentum and didnt use it well, unlike Richmond who did.
And Essendon despite some fans thinking otherwise, are a long long way off Hawthorn and Geelong.

These wins, this is what we expect from Richmond.
They've underperformed for a LONG long time now.
Hardwick isn't the answer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniher is far too giraffe like to be effective
He just isn't a natural footballer. He's an amazing athlete for his size, however his football smarts simply aren't at a high enough level.

The decision to handball off to Merrett in the third quarter (at a critical time in the match) was absolutely stupid and cost his team dearly. He also looks lost at times, obviously he'll improve with experience, however I haven't been impressed with him once the ball hits the deck.

Daniher is far too giraffe like to be effective

He's a 200cm 20 year old... who looks like he needs another 2-3 years to really grow into his body - and I reckon still has huge upside. For the moment, he's a decent as a 2nd/3rd option up forward and unless you've got a clearly better alternative, I would say its worth persevering with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back