Round 20 2014 - Richmond vs Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

These wins, this is what we expect from Richmond.
They've underperformed for a LONG long time now.
Hardwick isn't the answer.
Strange post. They're a mix of talented footballers (Cotchin, Martin, Deledio etc.) and honest battlers (Grigg, Rance, Thomas, Morris etc). They haven't looked impressive in any match this season, they've beaten the teams that are around them on the ladder and consistently lost to the top-4.

They are a good-ordinary side that overachieved last season (many players having career best seasons, winning close games etc) that have performed at a more indicative level this season.

All we need now is for GWS to beat North Melbourne, Carlton to beat Gold Coast, Brisbane to beat Adelaide, and Collingwood to beat West Coast, and Richmond will be in touch in the finals race, and (more importantly) the Pies will be a game clear on 11 wins in 6th place.

He just isn't a natural footballer. He's an amazing athlete for his size, however his football smarts simply aren't at a high enough level.

The decision to handball off to Merrett in the third quarter (at a critical time in the match) was absolutely stupid and cost his team dearly. He also looks lost at times, obviously he'll improve with experience, however I haven't been impressed with him once the ball hits the deck.

If I was Heppell I wouldn't know whether to pass the ball to him or to hang a flag off him

He just isn't a natural footballer. He's an amazing athlete for his size, however his football smarts simply aren't at a high enough level.

The decision to handball off to Merrett in the third quarter (at a critical time in the match) was absolutely stupid and cost his team dearly. He also looks lost at times, obviously he'll improve with experience, however I haven't been impressed with him once the ball hits the deck.

His dropped mark at half forward cost Essendon the game - ball went down the other end and Tiges got a goal (the Edwards one I think). It was a pack mark contest but big forwards have to grab those.

Dominated third quarter, messed around with the ball completely.
Dons gave you the game.

crying_baby6.jpg

ffs eddie going on about the clock. don't channel 7 use their own timekeeper and don't have access to the official one? i'm sure the official timekeeper is pressing it when it needs to be pressed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9th is looking achievable for this mob.. grats to them. Essendon played like sht doesn't mean they lost it for them selves richmond just ran harder. On another note just on umpiring at about the 5 minute mark in last quarter goddard was first to the ball had a richmond player land in his back then on his head... no free kick. 10 seconds later chappy trying to take a mark and richmond player just runs into him not looking at the ball.. play on... None of these would have changed the game so I'm not saying that at all.. all I'm saying is umpiring is at an all time hecking low right now in the AFL... Good win ninthmond.

Richmond might beat Adelaide but they will lose against St Kilda and Sydney :D

Nah, we'll beat Adelaide and St Kilda, then lose to Sydney by 1 pt (probably due to a Sydney goal after the siren) when a win would be a guaranteed a place in the 8.

Nature of the beast is to tease and draw it out, then fall agonisingly short.

Judging Daniher in his first game back after three weeks out with a broken collar bone?

He didn't play well at all tonight, but that's just stupid.

Even I would laugh this time if we finished 9th.

We have no conceivable right to make finals after our first 11 rounds (Sydney and Fremantle losses were respectable). But hey if we make it (we won't), it would be a fantastic opportunity to avenge last year's finals loss.

had to feel sorry for Patty Ryder. He destroyed Marich in the ruck only to see him interviewed after the game. Even big Ivan knew it. Heppell is apparently a champion now . Seem to remember the media questioning Pavlich status as a champion even after 5 all australian and a decade of stellar play. They said Pav had to prove it in finals. fair dinkum. I guess the standards have dropped. strangely enough Heppell and Jobe Watson have never played in a winning final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back