Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why would it destroy the club?
You can get good picks with pick 111,112,113,114,115,116,117,118,119,120,121,122,123,124,125,126,127,128,129,130,131,132,133,134,135,136,137,138,139,140,141,142,143,144,145.

They could also do their own version of the recruit

Let's just hope the judge deems the joint investigation to be unlawful and then ASADA investigate them for another 2 years. :)

You have youth on your side Echols;).
Others want to see this resolved in the positive in their life time - like NOW:eek:
Anyway what right do the drug cheats have playing AFL

I don't like the way the game is headed. Haven't been for quite awhile now. We've lost sight of the fact that ostensibly, football is a game. This thirst for money and power has manipulated the game beyond the point of no return. To see the legal procedings, and all the bullshit that being spoken, it makes me wonder how long it will be before matches, even premierships are decided in courts of law, not on the sporting field.

Consider this scenario:
GF, Essendon v Collingwood. Essendon leading by 3 points, Collingwood awarded a free kick and goals after the siren to win the flag. Essendon questions the legality of the free kick, the right of the umpire to pay free kicks, the rules committee, the AFL for appointing the umpires, and anyone else they can blame for the loss ... even though they missed 6 easy shots for goal in the final term.

Three years later, the supreme court decrees that Essendon are the rightful premiers and shall be awarded the flag. Believe it or not, after today's fiasco, I can actually see something like this happening. You can just image the siren sounding after each game, an announcement coming over saying, "Hold onto your tickets folks, the winner of this game should be ratified once all legal matters are addressed, and all parties are mutually satisfied"

I've had a gutful of Essendon. By dragging these irrelevant issues through the courts and wasting everyone's time, they have perverted the game of Australian Rules Football, all in the name of protecting a blonde w***er who thinks he's bigger than the game. Get stuffed Essendon, I hope you rot in hell.

I don't like the way the game is headed. Haven't been for quite awhile now. We've lost sight of the fact that ostensibly, football is a game. This thirst for money and power has manipulated the game beyond the point of no return. To see the legal procedings, and all the bullshit that being spoken, it makes me wonder how long it will be before matches, even premierships are decided in courts of law, not on the sporting field.

Consider this scenario:
GF, Essendon v Collingwood. Essendon leading by 3 points, Collingwood awarded a free kick and goals after the siren to win the flag. Essendon questions the legality of the free kick, the right of the umpire to pay free kicks, the rules committee, the AFL for appointing the umpires, and anyone else they can blame for the loss ... even though they missed 6 easy shots for goal in the final term.

Three years later, the supreme court decrees that Essendon are the rightful premiers and shall be awarded the flag. Believe it or not, after today's fiasco, I can actually see something like this happening. You can just image the siren sounding after each game, an announcement coming over saying, "Hold onto your tickets folks, the winner of this game should be ratified once all legal matters are addressed, and all parties are mutually satisfied"

I've had a gutful of Essendon. By dragging these irrelevant issues through the courts and wasting everyone's time, they have perverted the game of Australian Rules Football, all in the name of protecting a blonde ****** who thinks he's bigger than the game. Get stuffed Essendon, I hope you rot in hell.
Just wow. Well said.

Look, I'm beyond all this. Seriously. I wouldn't care if they all died tomorrow. Hird and co in agony.

Expect that means a ban of some sort ... but Im done with it, and footy. Can no longer enjoy the ride, so have pulled the pin on tipping comps, news and hopefully (Im trying!) watching. Was down to only viewing the Hawks anyhow, and the ******* commentators, bullshit umpiring, & MRP ruin that pleasure anyhow .

The icing on the cake was taking my daughter to her first game of footy on the weekend. Not a spectacle. Extreme frustration, disappointment and embarrassment. The whole visit to the G was a s**t sandwich, except for the statue of Lethal and the jam donuts.

Much more fun was had at the open training at Waverley, and visiting the museum.

Done with footy.

Thanks to the Mods for doing a great job, and all the forum contributors. Has been a pleasure reading your thoughts and being entertained.

Go Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look, I'm beyond all this. Seriously. I wouldn't care if they all died tomorrow. Hird and co in agony.

Expect that means a ban of some sort ... but Im done with it, and footy. Can no longer enjoy the ride, so have pulled the pin on tipping comps, news and hopefully (Im trying!) watching. Was down to only viewing the Hawks anyhow, and the ******* commentators, bullshit umpiring, & MRP ruin that pleasure anyhow .

The icing on the cake was taking my daughter to her first game of footy on the weekend. Not a spectacle. Extreme frustration, disappointment and embarrassment. The whole visit to the G was a s**t sandwich, except for the statue of Lethal and the jam donuts.

Much more fun was had at the open training at Waverley, and visiting the museum.

Done with footy.

Thanks to the Mods for doing a great job, and all the forum contributors. Has been a pleasure reading your thoughts and being entertained.

Go Hawks.
Noneed, I have also lost interest in the periferal stuff outside of Hawk's games. Can't tell you how many time I have not put my tips in this year, more often than I have I can be sure.
I even piked the Melb' game for no particular reason other than I had some stuff to do at home. Stuff could have waited mind you.

Done with footy.

Go Hawks.
Mate, there's nothing in life that hasn't changed with time. Most, for the worse, if you ask the previous generation - but nobody does, they're generally just concerned about pleasing the next generation.

But, what are you going to do? Air is worse. Food is worse. Crime is worse. Blah Blah Blah.

I love the Club. I did in the 80's when we were amazing. I did in the 90's when we were barely a Club. I did in the mid-2000's when I had NFI what we were doing. I do now. We have a Club that has frequently (almost regularly) found a way to win every 5 years for the last half-century. Frankly, I don't give a f*** what the game is about, so long as we're involved, as I have complete faith that we'll find a way to win - not every week or every year, but we have an organisation that finds a way. In all reality, I'd follow the Hawks if we gave up footy & joined the NRL - even though I've never seen a game & have no interest in the sport - if we were playing it then I'd start to watch.

I have no doubt that your passion is equally as strong - stay on board & enjoy the ride.

Consider this scenario:

I've had a gutful of Essendon. By dragging these irrelevant issues through the courts and wasting everyone's time, they have perverted the game of Australian Rules Football, all in the name of protecting a blonde ****** who thinks he's bigger than the game. Get stuffed Essendon, I hope you rot in hell.
Top post
Well said

It's very early morning and with a newborn, I'm of course awake
The posts above ring true for me also, long time member becoming more and more disgruntled every week
So much manipulation of games and outcomes, dare I say it, match fixing
Protection of drug cheats
Money and power at the base of it all
The game I still like to watch
How it is run is ruining it
I love the Hawks, but the competition itself and those who run it, the power brokers, the media, I'm over it

What happened today thats bought this on

Today was the straw that broke the camel's back. Three days of absolute bullshit, and for what? Either the investigation will go ahead, or the investigation will start again and take another couple of years to complete. This is garbage. Nothing to do with sport, just a whole lot of egomaniacs with more money than sense playing their little power games, playing big dick lawyer and businessman, it just made me feel really ill.

You think of all the good that money could do for the homeless or ill, and you just know it is just helping yet another overpaid lawyer buy a holiday shack in Tuscany with their play money. Anyone who thinks this is a good thing is one very sick and greedy puppy.

Today was the straw that broke the camel's back. Three days of absolute bullshit, and for what? Either the investigation will go ahead, or the investigation will start again and take another couple of years to complete. This is garbage. Nothing to do with sport, just a whole lot of egomaniacs with more money than sense playing their little power games, playing big dick lawyer and businessman, it just made me feel really ill.

You think of all the good that money could do for the homeless or ill, and you just know it is just helping yet another overpaid lawyer buy a holiday shack in Tuscany with their play money. Anyone who thinks this is a good thing is one very sick and greedy puppy.

Agree with entire post however, 1st 2 sentences sum it up.

Consider this scenario:

Awesome post

It's very early morning and with a newborn, I'm of course awake
The posts above ring true for me also, long time member becoming more and more disgruntled every week
So much manipulation of games and outcomes, dare I say it, match fixing
Protection of drug cheats
Money and power at the base of it all
The game I still like to watch
How it is run is ruining it
I love the Hawks, but the competition itself and those who run it, the power brokers, the media, I'm over it

Sadly, what you have described has infected footy for most of its existence and has been prevalent for the past 30 years at least. The only difference is that clubs are being caught, which now has a huge media focus. Go through history and you'll find allegations of players tanking in Grand Finals for money, a club that will remain unnamed but resides in the suburb of Carlton purchasing large stocks of small brown paper bags for ill-repute for the best part of a millennium, poaching of big name players to rival teams outside of sanctioned guidelines, I can go on and on. Now we have a club seeking advantage illegally through drugs.

These things have happened and will continue to happen in such a large 'sport' as long as people can gain power and money from it. You can go mad thinking about that side of things so I recommend you don't. What we should be turning our attention to is the look of the game - now that is crying out for attention! The stifling game styles of Roos, Horse and Lyon, the MRP, the pathetic interpretation of rules that umpires now follow... clean all that up and at least we'll have something enjoyable to view. Nothing will stop clubs from trying to gain advantage legally or illegally, so if they get caught, so be it. Watch it with interest or ignore it. I generally just chuckle along with the current court case and treat it like a soap opera that doesn't affect me in the least. But you'll never stop corruption, coz the John Elliotts of this world think they're smarter than everyone else. But only they think it.

I try and focus on the footy in itself. I still love watching a good hard-at-it game (doesn't even have to be the Hawks playing - although that helps :D). However, I find myself more and more seeing little facets of all this off-field Essendon (and other issues) bullsh!t seeping into the fringes. I suppose my major worry is when I can no longer separate the two.

I love footy. It's in my blood. But when I see clubs flagrantly disregarding the rules and laws of the game, questioning every little thing and generally doing as they please, it makes me wonder how long footy has left.

By the time the sanctions are handed down, almost all of the players involved will have retired, or moved on from Essendon, so limited damage to the club.

Paul Little has insinuated that the government should interfere to stop ASADA re-issuing Show Cause Notices. Say what? You have got to be kidding!
Essendon claim they want justice (read only if it exonerates us). What a joke of an organisation. Not that we needed to be told that today.

If Essendon win this Court case it will be kinda like when Darth Vader killed Obi-Wan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back