Preview Round 8, 2024 : Bulldogs v Hawks, 4pm 5th May, Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's because of all the players to cop a (very) public spray it was Scrimmers who is in the midst of his best ever season.

And who (I still maintain to this day) was very harshly treated by the coaching panel last year.Dropping him for Bramble, I mean really how did that age?

Fair enough maybe some players can cope with that feedback better than others but given Scrimmers is a free agent next year I think Sam should be showing him a bit love mixed in as well as I am 100% certain Clarko is sussing him out as we speak (he's exactly what North need and they will pay overs to get him).
Sam was on 360 during the week and said that some players had asked for that type of feedback. I'll take it on face value that Scrimshaw was one of those and given his response in game not being that much of a problem.

And agree he his having an amazing year.

Sam was on 360 during the week and said that some players had asked for that type of feedback. I'll take it on face value that Scrimshaw was one of those and given his response in game not being that much of a problem.

And agree he his having an amazing year.
I dont understand the angst. Scrim took it on board and had a great game after that. It effected him the right way. Every player has a lever that u pull to get them back in line. You just do things differently for different players

I dont understand the angst. Scrim took it on board and had a great game after that. It effected him the right way. Every player has a lever that u pull to get them back in line. You just do things differently for different players
I used to find that a spray usually led to indepth conversations and a tighter bond with my coach or teammates.
My level of understanding and connection grew from these type interactions.

Lewis was told he wasn’t in the best 22 and would get one year contract offers at best. Melbourne offered him a longer term and told him he’d be in their best 22. Thoroughly modern, pragmatic decision by all involved.
At the time I 100% agreed. Looking back now it was a horrible decision. Moving on Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis all in a two year span has probably put the club back 10 years.

I'll admit I was all in on the strategy to bring in Mitchell, O'Meara and Wingard but in hindsight we could have kept the three leaders to maintain the stability.

I remember Lake talking about how Eade used to give him a spray to put everyone on notice cause he knew he could take it but others couldn't.

Ins and outs and all that in here.

Go at it.
I can't believe how unfairly we have been umpired this year it's very obvious and the umpires have basically killed our drive and confidence again and again. Yes we are very bad but who knows what would have been the result if we were umpired fairly and got those goals at crucial times. Every week I watch games where players run longer then allowed and kick less the required distance with zero penalty but every time hawks do it they are pinged and ginnovan just crucified every week. What happens is they pay the fees against the hawks early on in the game and destroy our confidence then they seem to even the frees up when the game is lost. Not sure why they hate us it's been ten years since the triple! Sicily is a shadow of his former self as he can't fart in the direction of an opposition player without getting suspended. It's all a joke really and very hard to watch !

At the time I 100% agreed. Looking back now it was a horrible decision. Moving on Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis all in a two year span has probably put the club back 10 years.

I'll admit I was all in on the strategy to bring in Mitchell, O'Meara and Wingard but in hindsight we could have kept the three leaders to maintain the stability.
should have kept lake at least another year alsi at least for toughness and leadership and stability.

No issue with your response, I think the greater concern is that many (myself included) believe that there could easily have been 10 others who needed such feedback. However in todays world, the duty of the coach is far greater than game analysis, it is also knowing the intricacies of personalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back