News The Unite and Inspire Forum - more details to come

Remove this Banner Ad

The club will host the Unite and Inspire forum in March, where representatives from across the Hawks family will meet.
They will represent life members, members, past players, the cheer squad, coterie groups, directors, executives and Hawks for Change.

Planning is ongoing, with updates to come on how it will work, how you can feed questions through to your representatives, how these representatives will be able to participate and how the outcomes from the sessions will be communicated to all.

The club will host the Unite and Inspire forum in March, where representatives from across the Hawks family will meet.
They will represent life members, members, past players, the cheer squad, coterie groups, directors, executives and Hawks for Change.

Planning is ongoing, with updates to come on how it will work, how you can feed questions through to your representatives, how these representatives will be able to participate and how the outcomes from the sessions will be communicated to all.
love it

Just one question, why do Hawks for Change get a seat at the table. All the others represented seem to be legitimate groups associated with the club and should rightfully have a seat at the table. Why are Hawks for Change, who were a self appointed committee, getting any say in the future direction of the club. Why are they even still in existence, they got the change they were lobbying for why are they still here. Do they want more change? How much change until they will be happy? Can I start a group called Hawks to Stay the Same and get a seat at the table?

This reeks of Gowers looking after his mates that put him in the chair. The forum isn't a bad idea but I don't want these self-proclaimed agents of change anywhere near it. They have already tried to split the club with their anti Kennett agenda, keep them away from any future direction for the club. There was a way to remove Kennett and get fresh blood on the board without running the smear campaign they put together. It was time for a change but that change has happened, time to wrap this group up and never hear from them again.

How to we get BigFooty representation on this forum?

Just one question, why do Hawks for Change get a seat at the table. All the others represented seem to be legitimate groups associated with the club and should rightfully have a seat at the table. Why are Hawks for Change, who were a self appointed committee, getting any say in the future direction of the club. Why are they even still in existence, they got the change they were lobbying for why are they still here. Do they want more change? How much change until they will be happy? Can I start a group called Hawks to Stay the Same and get a seat at the table?

This reeks of Gowers looking after his mates that put him in the chair. The forum isn't a bad idea but I don't want these self-proclaimed agents of change anywhere near it. They have already tried to split the club with their anti Kennett agenda, keep them away from any future direction for the club. There was a way to remove Kennett and get fresh blood on the board without running the smear campaign they put together. It was time for a change but that change has happened, time to wrap this group up and never hear from them again.
I think it’s pretty clear why they have a seat at the table when they’ve had such a considerable impact on the direction of our club over the last 18 months, and many of those associated with it are such well respected Hawthorn people( Gowers, Schwab, Morrisey etc).

I'm really comfortable with their attendance given they are largely responsible for the changes that have occured

Is that you Jeff? Are you on here because you got bored critising the Vic government on Twitter?

You said just 1 question. But asked 7, although the same question twice.

Why are life members, members, past players, the cheer squad, coterie groups invited to be a part of the forum ?

They are all invited so there’s some clear transparency in the direction the club chooses unlike previously when we had very muddied ‘transparency’

You said just 1 question. But asked 7, although the same question twice.

Why are life members, members, past players, the cheer squad, coterie groups invited to be a part of the forum ?

They are all invited so there’s some clear transparency in the direction the club chooses unlike previously when we had very muddied ‘transparency’
I don't see a seat for "overseas members". Selfishly wouldn't mind seeing some efforts by the team in that arena.

Maybe because they were the ones that were publicly pushing for change, when most felt that change was needed.

Now a question for you, Do you think the changes could have occurred without them being so public?

A member is a member, doesn't matter where you live.
Perhaps I could explain a bit of what I mean by this. I am more than pleased with what is included with an international membership, but I feel there is a bit of room for improvement that doesn't seem on the surface like a huge ask. For example, we get emails inviting us to participate in surveys/contests only to discover we aren't allowed to participate because we don't live in Australia. Even the Skechers coupons only apply to Australian purchasers though the company has made a huge effort to increase their presence in the US (even producing a Superb Owl commercial which is the pinnacle in the advertising world). I also believe the team could make an effort to pass along event information including things like watch parties or other similar events encouraging supporters to socialize and perhaps build greater local presence and comradery. I think it would be great to share a pint and watch a match or two with any other supporters who might be located in the general area.

I don't think the club needs to spend an inordinate amount of money or even an enormous amount of effort to improve the international experience and I certainly do not want to influence the game to change in any way. I would just like to be able to share locally the joy I read about here with live people rather than internet chats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s an old discussion. Split the difference and celebrate Oct-feb

You get that 2025 is season 100? It’s not a birthday
2024 is season 100.
2025 is 100 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back