Essendon v West Coast, Etihad 4.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor short term memory? After kicking two early goals they shut up shop and looked ready for the flight home.

Yeah. Nah. Momentum of the game was always going to swing back to Essendon. Some helpful umpiring decisions helped the Dons in that sense, and impeded the Eagles ability to steady.

Nothing to like about that game at all.

Surrendered a lead, lost an 8-point game two weeks out from finals, 2nd half umpiring may as well have been done by the crowd.

Would've been nice to have a commentary option other than Red for Ed, though. Absolutely disgraceful barracking from himself and Derm. Worst I have heard all season.
Did you have the TV on mute for the first half?

Not just Eagles fans. Neutrals watching that game know the Eagles were robbed by the umps.

I am always of the view, even during painful losses like this, that if you're good enough you will (a) build a big lead enough to withstand a couple of controversial decisions, and (b) be able to do better in retaining aforementioned lead.

It's pointless blaming umps.

Our superior fitness built of the back of 1 tough pre-season in particular helped get us over the line.

We had the bigger bodies to overrun the Eagles, due to our players working hard in the gym.

Yeah, it was a real eye opener when your guys managed to bulk so much in just two and a half weeks. Almost unnatural ability to put on bulk and build up fitness and endurance all at the same time. I wish I knew exactly how you managed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am always of the view, even during painful losses like this, that if you're good enough you will (a) build a big lead enough to withstand a couple of controversial decisions, and (b) be able to do better in retaining aforementioned lead.

It's pointless blaming umps.
You fence sitter! Blame away, its what BigFooty is founded on.

Yeah, it was a real eye opener when your guys managed to bulk so much in just two and a half weeks. Almost unnatural ability to put on bulk and build up fitness and endurance all at the same time. I wish I knew exactly how you managed it.
It is called hard work.

We have a surplus of medium/small forwards so unlikely. Would be an upgrade on Hill for the Weages though.
He'd probably have more value as an inside mid. That's one of the two areas Essendon have well stocked so he isn't playing that role this season.

You fence sitter! Blame away, its what BigFooty is founded on.

Oops, sorry.

F*** YOU EDDIE AND DERM, THE COMMENTATORS HAVE A MASSIVE INFLUENCE ON THE RESULT!

It's almost as though they were on something. ;)

Good game I guess, any other team would have won that by 5 goals but we let another team in to steal it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back