Cronulla Sharks players accept doping bans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be happy for Essendon players to get a similar deal and take it as they aren'y to blame. However if they did take the offer that would be the end of Hird once and for all which would be great for football and i think most football supporters would settle for how it all ended so we can move on.

I would be happy for Essendon players to get a similar deal and take it as they aren'y to blame. However if they did take the offer that would be the end of Hird once and for all which would be great for football and i think most football supporters would settle for how it all ended so we can move on.

id take a 6 month in season ban, not preseason

Can you tell me how the "end of Hird" would be "great for football"? A high profile scalp so we can feel like the authority are omnipotent?

I don't know how that can be done, they would have to field a team from the remaining list.

I am just going on 45 players - 20 leaves 25 maximum. At least 2 others who are 'clear' (Will Hams and Nick Kommer) are out for the season. That gives them 23 players for a 22 man team. And that is only if the AFL let them promote all their rookies.

"
I-xmOO1b_normal.png
Richard Ings‏@ringsau4m
USADA released publicly its full reasoned decision into the charges against Armstrong ASADA should now do same in regard to 17 NRL players."

I am just going on 45 players - 20 leaves 25 maximum. At least 2 others who are 'clear' (Will Hams and Nick Kommer) are out for the season. That gives them 23 players for a 22 man team. And that is only if the AFL let them promote all their rookies.
I think they could argue the legislation that lets you get players in if you can't field a full team. Alternatively does anyone know if they have to have 22 players selected and playing, as in is that the minimum requirement to field a team? Hams & Kommer could be picked and just sit on the bench all day.

As an NRL fan I am disgusted at this outcome. Pathetic by ASADA. Can't really strip the Sharks of anything as they are woeful and sitting bottom.

Paul Gallen - An average player then suddenly in his late 20s becomes one of the best in the game, how did he manage this?

Makes no difference what effect it had. You cheated, you pay the price.
His argument was the penalty should depend on what the person/club achieved. So in the discussion I was having, it was very relevant. Maybe read it next time before trying to score points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you tell me how the "end of Hird" would be "great for football"? A high profile scalp so we can feel like the authority are omnipotent?

Because what he did to his own players was a disgrace, treating them like guinnea pigs just to try and win footy games. If he goes it will be easier for Essendon and the entire football community to move on as quickly as possible !

Because if he had taken some time to complete some due dilligence and showed some care for his players, none of this would have happened.

"
I-xmOO1b_normal.png
Richard Ings‏@ringsau4m
USADA released publicly its full reasoned decision into the charges against Armstrong ASADA should now do same in regard to 17 NRL players."

Armstrong was finally found guilty in Aug 2012, USADA's reasoning wasn't released until 6 weeks later in October. I am sure we will see some sort of statement about the NRL players.

Because what he did to his own players was a disgrace, treating them like guinnea pigs just to try and win footy games. If he goes it will be easier for Essendon and the entire football community to move on as quickly as possible !
Cool story. I for one don't give a s**t about what's easy for the entire football community to move on. Like these Cronulla players taking token bans to help people move on. Seems stupid to me.

How about Juddy's magic blue powder?

Because if he had taken some time to complete some due dilligence and showed some care for his players, none of this would have happened.
What you mean he trusted an employee who was in a different reporting line to do the right thing? A guy who the AFL themselves employed?

These guys are accused of cheating for 11 weeks of a season where they finished 13th of 16 teams; and Dank's program was shut down by March (about round 2 of the season).

Lance Armstong was accused of cheating for at least 11 years (1995-2005), and compelling his teammates to under the threat of being sacked; bullying witnesses and a host of other such things.

lance was a slightly bigger case.;)

Thought this was very interesting:

I-xmOO1b_normal.png
Richard Ings@ringsau · 4m
This ASADA process re NRL players has no resemblance to any process I am familiar with. Sanctions at show cause? Never seen that before
Seems Benny Mc has been taking tips from handsome Gill on dealbrokering and not letting the process get in the way of good outcomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back