Never Tear Us Apart...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please explain. I notice were 3rd for merchandise sales again this season (we were top 2 last year)

GUERNSEY SALES AND TOP-SELLING NUMBER:

1. ESSENDON

#4 Jobe Watson

2. COLLINGWOOD

#10 Scott Pendlebury

3. HAWTHORN

#33 Cyril Rioli

4. SYDNEY

#23 Lance Franklin

5. ADELAIDE

# 32 Patrick Dangerfield

6. CARLTON

#3 Marc Murphy

7. RICHMOND

#9 Trent Cotchin

8. GEELONG

#14 Joel Selwood

9. PORT POWER

# 20 Chad Wingard

10. WEST COAST EAGLES

#9 Nic Natanui

11. FREMANTLE

#19 Matthew Pavlich

12. NORTH MELBOURNE

#29 Brent Harvey

13. BRISBANE LIONS

#16 Jonathan Brown

14. ST KILDA

#7 Lenny Hayes

15. GOLD COAST SUNS

#9 Gary Ablett

16. MELBOURNE

#2 Nathan Jones

17. WESTERN BULLDOGS

#6 Luke Dahlhaus

18. GWS GIANTS

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...p-selling-number/story-fni5ezdm-1227034274337

All pretty stock standard except for Port Power, who claim to have 55000 members and yet were trumped by Sydney, Geelong and Carlton

West Coast are 10th on that list. You reckon any team bar Collingwood has more supporters, more money or more supporters with money than West Coast? Silly boy.

I like it too ...big thumbs up to koschie

He's really used some great innovation at Port.

Gives our game some culture

I like how freo play TNT after home wins ...as it was Chris Connolly's favourites sing

We need more of that in footy

Freo do infact play a chant by Eskimo Joe leading into each home game. Then, after a win we wait patiently for the team song to be played before we really get involved once the mighty TNT is played.
Shoulda just pissed the old song off, altered the words in TNT, paid some royalties and ran with that IMO.

TNT was probably the best known legacy that Chris Connolly left behind before he went back to tankbourne.

I say good on Port. Classic Aussie song that just about everyone likes. Innovation (especially getting members involved) is easy to knock. But I'm betting there are many other clubs sitting up and taking notice. Port's effort to lift itself out of the mire at all levels on and off field is remarkable.

The latest recording is the best!!!

This is what happens when a club with little culture tries to invent it. The song itself doesn't even sit well with an AFL game. Do the flogs singing it even understand what the lyrics mean?

It's good that there's something novelty for those not long out of the forest down there in Alberton can follow easily, but sheesh.

This is what happens when a club with little culture tries to invent it. The song itself doesn't even sit well with an AFL game. Do the flogs singing it even understand what the lyrics mean?

It's good that there's something novelty for those not long out of the forest down there in Alberton can follow easily, but sheesh.

Someones obviously still hurting over the result of that game. Flog.

You ask if the supporters know what the lyrics mean, but do you know what the lyrics mean to the club?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port a club with little culture... HAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybe Port can get the remaining members of INXS and commission them to modify the lyrics and make it the Port theme song.

Keep the chorus how it is and just modify the verses and then put the Power to win crap in it's rightful spot in history.

Hah..... Can just envisage the sophisticates at Carlton swaying to "Blue Suede Shoes", or "Blue Moon" or perhaps even that giant tearjerker "Blue Bayou" next year before each game on their inspiring run toward another top thirteen spot on the ladder!

Great love song...gay before a football game...if they had of chosen a decent fire up song and got behind it..... wow

for example if they cranked thunderstruck (power) and rocked that place out I would have been incredibly jealous and brought a membership just to show my respect...but a love song, give me a break. you almost expect them to start sucking each others utensils mid song.

Why not something to get everyone completely pumped????...Thunderstruck, back in black, enter sandman, welcome to the jungle....

If the Camry Crows wanted to get one up on their home town rivals and stop being known as the soft, gay club in the city they would go one better and crank up a fire up song...wait that would go in the face of their culture of gayness and apricot slices and the grannies would complain. if they were smart they would try something like that instead of the gay opera person singing the camry song or the crow crowing..pathetic. Do only old people follow the crows or something...why is everything they do so soft??

that's what u want a crowd rocking to fire up music...when an afl team gets this happening they will get some serious membership. Do it blues.

So I believe it is a fantastic initiative by Port (just another reason they do things better than the camries) but poor choice of song...fk the swaying like a bunch of pussies at a funeral...would love to see them all rocking.

So, just taking a wild guess here. But I think maybe you've just earned a BF holiday for those pearls of wisdom!

Great love song...gay before a football game...if they had of chosen a decent fire up song and got behind it..... wow

for example if they cranked thunderstruck (power) and rocked that place out I would have been incredibly jealous and brought a membership just to show my respect...but a love song, give me a break. you almost expect them to start sucking each others utensils mid song.

Why not something to get everyone completely pumped????...Thunderstruck, back in black, enter sandman, welcome to the jungle....

If the Camry Crows wanted to get one up on their home town rivals and stop being known as the soft, gay club in the city they would go one better and crank up a fire up song...wait that would go in the face of their culture of gayness and apricot slices and the grannies would complain. if they were smart they would try something like that instead of the gay opera person singing the camry song or the crow crowing..pathetic. Do only old people follow the crows or something...why is everything they do so soft??

that's what u want a crowd rocking to fire up music...when an afl team gets this happening they will get some serious membership. Do it blues.

So I believe it is a fantastic initiative by Port (just another reason they do things better than the camries) but poor choice of song...fk the swaying like a bunch of pussies at a funeral...would love to see them all rocking.
so much homophobic slurs. Surely this deserves a little holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back