Never Tear Us Apart...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, a big club such as Carlton is expected to stand on its own two feet. No assistance, no gifts. Used as the guinea pig club for fixturing experimentattion such as sunday night and Monday night games...no compensation,,,, taken for granted.
You get how the whole system works I see. Well done.

Guess which team will be forced to play at Geelong next season without any financial compensation? You don't really need me to answer that do you?

Smaller clubs are not taken for granted and need assistance. Larger clubs in terms of support and revenue - eg Collingwood and Hawthorn - the AFL will not take on...so that leaves teams like Carlton and Richmond that the AFL will squeeze every single ounce of money out of.

"Forced to play at Geelong". Jesus Christ the privilege here is astonishing. We've played away at Kardinia Park something like 8 out of the last 10 years and we travel interstate 10 every season. We've played in every state and territory this year apart from the ACT.

I'd happily take your 8 standalone nationally televised games over our fixture, and this is year where our fixture has been pretty good in general.

Again, despite being a medium sized club and not getting the exposure that clubs like Carlton and Collingwood do, we're still a massive net contributor to football.

Ground announcer then, at the prompting of....strange all the matching gear...all head off to K-Mart before the game??

I don't really give a rats fat clacker.

Just don't paint yourselves to be something that you're not.

We ALL remember the tarps.

Someone is either about 12 years old or doesn't remember that Freo were a basket case getting nobody to games for a while too before the mining boom came along and turned their supporter base into a goldmine.

"Forced to play at Geelong". Jesus Christ the privilege here is astonishing. We've played away at Kardinia Park something like 8 out of the last 10 years and we travel interstate 10 every season. We've played in every state and territory this year apart from the ACT.

I'd happily take your 8 standalone nationally televised games over our fixture, and this is year where our fixture has been pretty good in general.

Again, despite being a medium sized club and not getting the exposure that clubs like Carlton and Collingwood do, we're still a massive net contributor to football.

We actually did plaY in the ACT. Missed out on Tassie this year.

Ground announcer then, at the prompting of....strange all the matching gear...all head off to K-Mart before the game??

I don't really give a rats fat clacker.

Just don't paint yourselves to be something that you're not.

We ALL remember the tarps.
Find me the media manager and press releasese like you claimed, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back