Social Chit Chat III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I knew that vietnamese birthday was going to be suss.
Should have trusted my gut.

The 50 litre pot of curry was bloody good though.

No it's not-the footy is on.
I bet you're one of those guys who wouldn't go to a wedding if it was on GF day.

I didn't go to my cousins wedding as she scheduled it on the same day as the Adelaide test match a couple of years ago and I had already bought tickets, travel, accommodation etc etc (months in advance). Still getting grilled by family about it.

I bet you're one of those guys who wouldn't go to a wedding if it was on GF day.

I didn't go to my cousins wedding as she scheduled it on the same day as the Adelaide test match a couple of years ago and I had already bought tickets, travel, accommodation etc etc (months in advance). Still getting grilled by family about it.
im not in sydney. book a gf event- no-one's coming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the wedding was booked after you booked your trip?

So the wedding was booked after you booked your trip?
Yeah. Yet I'm the bad guy somehow:drunk:

To Clarify. The wedding was booked before I made my booking but we were told it was only going to be a small wedding 10-15 people..... Then after I made my arrangements they changed to a big wedding with all family and friends invited:straining:

im not in sydney. book a gf event- no-one's coming.
Am I missing some context here... Sydney??

You couldn't be more right though GF day weddings are almost un-Australian. One of my cousins now wife wanted a GF day wedding, virtually every male in her/our family + friends told her it was a stupid idea.... Yet her female friends and family told her to do it as they didn't see "what the big deal is" as it's "just a game of footy".... Thankfully sanity prevailed:)

Yeah. Yet I'm the bad guy somehow:drunk:

To Clarify. The wedding was booked before I made my booking but we were told it was only going to be a small wedding 10-15 people..... Then after I made my arrangements they changed to a big wedding with all family and friends invited:straining:
Well at least you didn't miss out on the 2011 GF like I did because of a wedding.

You couldn't be more right though GF day weddings are almost un-Australian. One of my cousins now wife wanted a GF day wedding, virtually every male in her/our family + friends told her it was a stupid idea.... Yet her female friends and family told her to do it as they didn't see "what the big deal is" as it's "just a game of footy".... Thankfully sanity prevailed:)
you married your cousin?:eek:

apparently gf events are common in shitney.

Well at least you didn't miss out on the 2011 GF like I did because of a wedding.
:(

Did you have a TV anywhere, or were people ruining it by giving score updates?

You would not have to send me an invitation for a GF day wedding as I would have RSVP'd prior to that.

:(

Did you have a TV anywhere, or were people ruining it by giving score updates?

You would not have to send me an invitation for a GF day wedding as I would have RSVP'd prior to that.
No TV and quite a few people either asking me what the score was or telling me.

When I was told that we were 15 points up in the last quarter, I had the biggest smile on my face :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back