News Hawthorn fan racially abuses Heritier Lumumba (and doesn't get thrown out for it).

Remove this Banner Ad

There is certainly a strong current of racism in this country but there are also countervailing tendencies and I suspect attitudes depend on where you live. In general racism doesn't preponderate in multicultural areas but in areas where it isn't prevalent.

I live in the north and grew up in Bayswater which was very multicultural and built around Kenworth Trucks and ICI. There was some racism then but it was not entrenched, certainly not ghettos. I was friends back then with Greeks, Chinese, Dutch and my best friends were the Turk brothers down the road. It wasn't just me as some oddity, that was typical.

Our kid's cultural icons in music, film and tv are much more multicultural so I just find your caricature about youth racism as pretty ridiculous to be perfectly honest.
That's where you are missing the point, I just don't think you're ever going to understand because you didn't grow up with it. We don't view it as racist like you. Calling an Italian/Greek wog isn't racist like it was when you were younger, telling someone to go back to their background country isn't seen as racist, it's the older generation that sees it as racist. Multicultural? yes because these are accepted, please tell me you understand. I don think I can explain it anymore without repeating myself.
You either get it or you don't, but please don't pretend you have an understanding. Listen to the music, it has words and connotations which you would consider racist imbedded in it, but the younger generation accept it.

Anyways I'm done, you either get it or you don't. Peace.

That's where you are missing the point, I just don't think you're ever going to understand because you didn't grow up with it. We don't view it as racist like you. Calling an Italian/Greek wog isn't racist like it was when you were younger, telling someone to go back to their background country isn't seen as racist, it's the older generation that sees it as racist. Multicultural? yes because these are accepted, please tell me you understand. I don think I can explain it anymore without repeating myself.
You either get it or you don't, but please don't pretend you have an understanding. Listen to the music, it has words and connotations which you would consider racist imbedded in it, but the younger generation accept it.

Anyways I'm done, you either get it or you don't. Peace.

That is hilarious. I'm older than you and I have an 11 year old daughter who is younger than you, so I book-end you. I've seen everything you've seen and more and my daughter is more in touch with the rising generation so you are just in a preposterous situation. You think I don't have friends with kid's your age, or work with people in their 20s, 30s etc. Whatever experience you think you covet and speak for I have covered.

Young men have a tendency to think they know it all and then become embarrassed about their pompous ramblings later on. That's the position you'll find yourself in.

I remember when Pepsi had their lame ad about the voice of a new generation, as though they were the word and the vehicle for a whole age and demograhpic. I'll always remember you as Pepsi. I'm Coke.

Last edited:
That is hilarious. I'm older than you and I have an 11 year old daughter who is younger than you, so I book-end you. I've seen everything you've seen and more and my daughter is more in touch with the rising generation so you are just in a preposterous situation. You think I don't have friends with kid's your age, or work with people in their 20s, 30s etc. Whatever experience you think you covet and speak for I have covered.

Young men have a tendency to think they know it all and then become embarrassed about their pompous ramblings later on. That's the position you'll find yourself in.

I remember when Pepsi had their lame ad about the voice of a new generation, as though they were the word and the vehicle for a whole age and demograhpic. I'll always remember you as Pepsi. I'm Coke.

Hahaha please, ok if your right then you can continue thinking what you will and being confused as to why nothing has been made of a situation like the one on Friday. You still think the stuff I have said isn't true, my god you just have no idea. You have no clue, so you know people my age... Do you talk to them about this? Maybe you should. Ask the people aged between 15-25 if the things I have said are true or not, then please do tell me their response.

Have a good night.

Born in Rio to Brazilian parents.....emigrated with mother to Australia at a young age.
Can't get anymore Brazilian than that.
Many Brazilians have African roots, from the slave trade in the 17th & 18th centuries (sugar & mining industries).

His father is actually from Congo and his mother is Brazilian.
He decided to change his name to Lumumba because it is his biological father's surname.
He stated that Lumumba is a significant surname in Congo.
The first democratically elected Prime Minister of Congo had the surname Lumumba.
O'Brien was his stepfathers surname.

Also if you can't acknowledge the fact that people from different generations consider different things to be racist that's not about being out of touch, that's an IQ issue you have

You seem to think you speak for a generation of Australians but really you project your own tiny, limited experience of the world. You're a young boy in a cave and I'm a man on the mountaintop but you don't see it, just the little cave you inhabit. You'll look back at your posts and blush.

You seem to think you speak for a generation of Australians but really you project your own tiny, limited experience onto the world. You're in a cave, I'm on the mountaintop but you don't see it. You'll look back at your posts and blush.
Ah that's where you get a fake sense of superiority. You're embarrassing yourself, you say you are older your daughter is younger you bookend me? You don't consider the fact that maybe I parents, grandparents ? Play sport with people in their 30's??? That whole post of yours was a power trip, it wasn't relevant.
Please don't respond until you talk to the age group I asked you to talk too, the one a lot of footballers are in, the one you clearly have no idea about.

Ah that's where you get a fake sense of superiority. You're embarrassing yourself, you say you are older your daughter is younger you bookend me? You don't consider the fact that maybe I parents, grandparents ? Play sport with people in their 30's??? That whole post of yours was a power trip, it wasn't relevant.
Please don't respond until you talk to the age group I asked you to talk too, the one a lot of footballers are in, the one you clearly have no idea about.

It's not a fake sense of superiority, it is actual superiority, or wisdom if you like. I have been through your age but you've not been through mine boy. I have all the age resources you have but the difference is I'm not a wee boy, I'm a big boy now with grown up pants.

And the idea that you represent young people's ideas leads me to believe you are a most odd and ruminating young character. I hope things pick up for you and you make some decent friends.

Last edited:
It's not a fake sense of superiority, it is actual superiority, or wisdom if you like. I have been through your age but you've not been through mine boy. I have all the age resources you have but the difference is I'm not a wee boy, I'm a big boy now with grown up pants.
You are so full of yourself its actually funny now.

I'm done with you. You should get off your high horse, you are nothing but a random 'man' that acts like a kid with an inflated ego. You say I live in cave hahaha you're the one trying to pretend you have knowledge about a generation you know nothing about, you're not at the top of anything. I can't tell if you are just incredibly out of touch with the world or your just a complete moron. Most likely both. I won't look back and blush because I know I'm right, I'm acutally talking about something I know, I haven't pretended to understand something like you. I hope in 3-4 years time you don't attack your daughter like you did me lol confused why people aren't making more of an issue out of the issue relating to Friday night and then argues non stop when told why, I don't even know what to make of that. Keep wondering why the fan didn't get kicked out old spice, one day it might click.
Get some decent friends?? F.uck you man, your daughter is gonna share my views and I would love to see your face when you realise it

Seek therapy, you should be having fun at your age not going apoplectic on a computer with lunatic ideas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's meet at the Westpac Centre on Monday morning. You can wear a clan hood so I'll recognise you. I'll be the most handsome man in the vicinity.
I got uni, you should get a job. No one likes to see a jobless man on Monday morning that thinks he is handsome trying to give advice to a younger person. What Middle Aged man has Monday mornings free?

But seriously go to bed man, wife's calling you. Stop helping me procrastinate, your meant to be my tutor

I got uni, you should get a job. No one likes to see a jobless man on Monday morning that thinks he is handsome trying to give advice to a younger person. What Middle Aged man has Monday mornings free?

But seriously go to bed man, wife's calling you. Stop helping me procrastinate, your meant to be my tutor

"I've got uni" is the correct phasing and hopefully you will learn some of the elementary's of the language before you graduate. I have a job which allows me flexibility in hours and hopefully we can map something out for you which allows you similar lattitude.

I'll go to bed and sleep a deep man sleep.

Man you can teach me about history given that's where you seem to get your views

I submit. Calculators are probably the only way to understand our society and no-one has ever doubted the wisdom of a 22 year old accounting student today or yesterday of being founts of wisdom. It's probably why accountants are so revered in our society.

I submit. Calculators are probably the only way to understand our society and no-one has ever doubted the wisdom of a 22 year old accounting student today or yesterday of being founts of wisdom. It's probably why accountants are so revered in our society.
Do you read back over your posts and squeal with delight ? What exactly is your job mr high and mighty.. We know you're not a school teacher.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back