Opinion In 4 years time which side will have the best 5 established mids?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd replace Melksham and J. Merrett with Myers and Gleeson.
Overlooked Myers, knew I was missing someone. Gleeson hasn't shown as much as either Melksham or Merrett

Remember Port are still really young.

1. Gold Coast
2. Port Adelaide
3. Western Bulldogs
4. GWS

Remember Hawthorn champs with 2 premierships and Geelong ones with 3 should all be gone by then with really exciting young prospects aswell

Collingwood

Scott Pendlebury, Dayne Beams, Steele Sidebottom, Taylor Adams, Nathan Freeman

Broomhead would be the sixth midfielder

Crows would be

Dangerfield, Sloane, Crouch, Smith, Other Crouch

First 4 will be elite but the 5th one is too hard to pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants first 5 will probably be Ward, Whitfield, Kelly, Treloar, Shiel/WHE/Scully/Williams/Barrett/Whiley
2nd 5 will probably be close to elite also.
Greene is better than all bolded

Greene is better than all bolded

He is fantastic for the giants, but his DE I feel will prevent him being elite, the last 3 haven't been on show yet, but will be at least as good..
If we draft no mids, and keep most of ours, we will have at least 8 or 9 elite mids in 4 years, Eddy will want us shut down.

Scary thought that Boak will be 30 in 5 years. D:

Boak - Ebert - Hartlett - Polec - Wines

I think our midfielders will still be among their with others. Got to say Gold Coast will have the best.

You forgot Gray, White, Wingard, Young, Moore ect. 4yrs Young and Moore should be top starting players.

With the last few drafts putting a lot of super young mids out most teams are gonna have great midfields. Who will have the best 5 in fours years (gives the young ones time to establish).
Gold Coasts without Ablett still looks amazing with Martin, Omera, Swallow, Prestia and Bennell.
Adelaide will have Dangerfield, Sloane, Matt Crouch, Brad Crouch and Douglas.
Melbourne has got some great mids upcoming in Viney, Tyson, Toumpas, Salem.
Bulldogs going through some greats coming to the end but have some super young guys moving up.
You could have named the dogs ones like you did the others when setting up this discussion
Libba, Wallis, Macrae, Bontempelli, Hrovat, Stringer, Dahlhaus, Smith, Stevens.

Wallis wont always be a tagger, he will be a ball winner in the mould of Sam Mitchel
Understood, but youve always gotta have offensive and defensive minded mids....I think he seems the type to be a grunt player with a more defensive focus.

Understood, but youve always gotta have offensive and defensive minded mids....I think he seems the type to be a grunt player with a more defensive focus.
Yes, he seems a tagger that finds the ball also because in his juniors he was a find ball player. in the under 18's he apparently racked up 47 touches in a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back