Recruiting Targets Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

Got it from a very reliable source yesterday that Ryder wants to come to port. Watch this space!!!

I'm sorry, but I can't take talk of 'reliable sources' seriously coming from Abraham Nuscrack. We all know that most journos and BF rumour mongerers use their own Abraham Nuscrack as their most prolific source.

Caro's been a guest of the club several times and has been given some exclusive interviewing rights as well as the grand behind-the-scenes tour. There's not a doubt she gets preferential treatment from Port. That doesn't mean we in any way have fed her this story. As a good journo Caro does have a bit of background info - in the article and on Footy Classified she was clear on Monfries getting into Ryder's ear .
Caro normally has great information through reliable sources so it's a good sign that she's gone with the story as it gives truth to those rumours last week but I'm kinda glad she went with the Monfries link over Gav because he doesn't want to burn his bridges with them & fair enough.

As funny as it would be as it'd put to bed where his allegiances lie they'd be pissed knowing he was one of the Port people behind the scenes convincing Ryder that our club would be a great fit for him & vice versa and would likely make it harder for us to work a deal out.

Last edited:

Orly?? Ohh I hope you're right. Care to elaborate?
I do know that Port are confident of getting him. I was messaged with some information on Friday of a particular set of circumstances that took place regarding us and Ryder. I also have since found out that a few of our fellow posters are also aware of these circumstances.

I do know that Port are confident of getting him. I was messaged with some information on Friday of a particular set of circumstances that took place regarding us and Ryder. I also have since found out that a few of our fellow posters are also aware of these circumstances.
Which are?

Sounds like circumstantial evidence.

Shesh imagine getting Ryder. The age profile of our list is perfect except that we are missing a decent mid-20s key forward, shultz is a star but at 30+ and barely training at this time of year you have to wonder long term. Getting Ryder would tie us over until a Harvey or Shaw come thru or Butch gets his kicking set. Love the idea of Westhoff being able to go anywhere on the ground like a midfielder and not have to worry about playing second key forward... Bit risky with the ASADA thing tho, that's not settled by any stretch.. Still think Redden will have a big role to play in the coming years swapping with Lobbe out of the forward 50, I do rate the big guy

If we get Ryder, I wouldn't be against encouraging him and Monfries (if he has received an infraction notice) to take the ban over summer.

May be a difficult pill to swallow (terrible pun I know haha), but it could be good for them mentally to pay the price and then put this crap behind them.

agree wholeheartedly, not ideal but match fitness would have them both in reasonable shape come the second half of the year

The players can certainly act independently and resolve ASADA... Smart thing to do but there's the stand by your mates regardless thing

PM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop asking for PMs, stop asking for more info. If those who know more wanted to, or thought it was beneficial to post more information we would.

At this stage there is no point in posting more and it would only cause more harm than good. Port are keen on him, and are confident. Leave it at that for now.

Stop asking for PMs, stop asking for more info. If those who know more wanted to, or thought it was beneficial to post more information we would.

At this stage there is no point in posting more and it would only cause more harm than good. Port are keen on him, and are confident. Leave it at that for now.

PM

Okay, no more badgering. To the naughty corner I go... :(

Until a player pulls on the jumper, speculation is masturbation. All I'm interested in is winning premierships. I would say though that if you want to keep things a secret...keep it a secret. As soon as you tease people, they are going to want to know more - it's human nature.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back