Brenton Sanderson sacked , Who will be the new Adelaide coach ?

Remove this Banner Ad

5AA reporting that Taylor Walker and a group of other players went to Roo and told him that Sando was not up to it.
Club is up shit creek if the players are making the calls.

I don't think it should ever be a situation of the players "making the calls" - but the players MUST be a large part of the review process... and I think for all clubs that would be the case.
Given that the players also review themsleves and each other, I see no reason that they shouldn't also make comments on coaching. (and fitness/physio staff) - in particular the leadership group, would have a lot of views/ideas/experiences that would be benificial to the process.

The club has underachieved big time. I don't feel good, but it is time some one at the club grew a pair.

I wasn't Sando's biggest fan, I am sure you guys can find a decent coach.

However, if you were a coach coming in on the back of a player revolt then you would have some concerns about job security and what if the players didn't like your approach...

Adelaide have to be the most overrated team in the league. They aren't top 8 lock ins like everyone seems to think.

I'm sure they'll get handed another easy draw next year and their new coach will look like a God, and the cycle will start all over again.

2 years left to run on a contract with over 50% win/loss record. Players and a commentator knifing their coach. Shambles.

It sounds attractive and in the best of all possible worlds it's the way it should be. However, if it's a choice between a coach related significant player uprising or walkout (and I'm not saying that is the case in this instance) and dispensing with the coach, the coach will always be sacrificed. Way easier to find a new coach than any number of important players.

Didnt Dangerfield say he will stay at Adelaide for as long as Sando is there?

I wasn't Sando's biggest fan, I am sure you guys can find a decent coach.

However, if you were a coach coming in on the back of a player revolt then you would have some concerns about job security and what if the players didn't like your approach...
This, if the players are at fault (and it appears that way) the whole place stinks.

Great call. The club needs a clean out. We have under achieved for far too long. Fagan has to clean up triggs mess.

Danger would be close to going surely...didn't he say he would stay as long as Sanderson was coach?
When have you ever heard a player NOT say this mid year? It's pretty stupid for a journo to even ask it. Do they really think a player would say the coach should move on etc?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta feel sorry for Sando. How the hell can they justify extending his contract and then sack the man? Now they have to pay him out! The AFC sure know how to spend their money.

Wonder when Dangerfield will be leaving?

They need a coach with no previous ties to the club. I'd go as far as saying someone like Choco Williams or Worsfold but they're unlikely.

Didn't Dangerfield say he will stay at Adelaide for as long as Sando is there?

Said the same thing regarding Neil Craig if I recall. I don't think this news will alter his decision too much.

AfC Board didn't vote positively , obviously.

PlaysofYearHERO.png

I don't think it should ever be a situation of the players "making the calls" - but the players MUST be a large part of the review process... and I think for all clubs that would be the case.
Given that the players also review themsleves and each other, I see no reason that they shouldn't also make comments on coaching. (and fitness/physio staff) - in particular the leadership group, would have a lot of views/ideas/experiences that would be benificial to the process.
So what if they don't like the next coach? Do they go through them until they find one they like?

The players are there to play. Not make staffing decisions.

And make the same mistake they did last time?

Why wouldn't they?
What mistake was that?

If Roo has just tossed the "outsider" Sando for Goodwin, then I can't see Bickley going anywhere.
Even if it's not Goodwin, I still can't see them tossing Bickley. He's the board's "man on the inside".

My question is how do players know what good coaching is though? Before Sando most Adel players would only know Craig. They can say they don't like his communication or they aren't sold on his game plan. But are they experts? We all know a lot of Geel players weren't huge Thompson fans in 2005. I bet Hawthorn players had second guesses about Clarko for a little time there. Any time there's a disappointing season players won't be huge fans of the coach, that's human nature.

Surprising news, clubs hasn't really being stable over the past couple of seasons. Thought he'd get another year.

But looks like a number of Adelaide posters will be adding another strikethrough on their to be sacked lists.

Gotta feel sorry for Sando. How the hell can they justify extending his contract and then sack the man? Now they have to pay him out! The AFC sure know how to spend their money.

Wonder when Dangerfield will be leaving?

They need a coach with no previous ties to the club. I'd go as far as saying someone like Choco Williams or Worsfold but they're unlikely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back