Comments

WELCOME!

JOIN NOW for the 2024 comp

bigfooty-tipping-230x150.png

Weekly prize: Premium Platinum Membership

First prize: $500 + Premium Platinum Membership + Winner's badge
Second prize: $300 + Premium Platinum Membership
Third prize: $200 + Premium Platinum Membership

Tipping continues through to the Grand Final, with a bonus Grand Final Tip prize - select two teams in this poll to enter!

Thanks again to Mike from The Golden Ticket for sponsoring the comp this year.

tgt-logo-with-year-300x100-2024.png

This year TGT can offer footy fans:

MCG and Marvel: Medallion Club and Corporate Box tickets.

Optus Stadium open air box tickets.

Adelaide Oval exclusive Stadium Club tickets.

Heritage Bank Stadium - The Lounge tickets to Gold Coast Suns matches at Heritage Bank Stadium.

The Gabba - open air box tickets at the GABBA.

REMEMBER:
  • Enter tips individually into each comp you've joined. This means the main BigFooty Official comp with the cash prizes, and any club board or other comps you're in.
  • Tip early, then double check your tips closer to the round when you get your reminder alert.
  • If you miss any tips, the system will give you the away team after the second reminder is sent out.
Tied winners will be separated based on last, best round.

For example, if you tie for first place but you picked the Grand Final winner and your opponent did not, you come first, they come second.

BONUS COMP!
  1. To enter, go to this thread.
  2. In the poll on that thread, pick the two Grand Finalists for 2024 and you could win a year's Premium Platinum Membership
  3. Once the 2024 GF contenders are decided, everyone who picked those two teams goes into the draw for the prize.

General Tipping Notifications
You can unsubscribe from general tipping communications by going to your preferences page and changing the "Receive tipping communications?" option.

You will still receive your weekly reminders.

Exit tipping?
In any of our comps you can ask the commissioner - the person running that comp - to remove you from the comp at any time. Contact me if you have any issues.

Club Board Comps
These will be added over the coming days. Check your club board for news, and all club board comps will be linked from this post.

GOOD LUCK TIPPERS!

Last edited:
I think I was rolled over from the 2023 tipping comp. I didn't want to do tipping this year.
Can you remove me please Chief?
Cheers

Back to defend my title, however I don’t have high hopes - I’ve moved to the UK and until just now didn’t even realise the season started today 😳

Yeah after getting one tip wrong I've decided I'd like to be removed from the comp thanks. I want to actually enjoy the games not get annoyed when the team I didn't tip wins.

Back to defend my title, however I don’t have high hopes - I’ve moved to the UK and until just now didn’t even realise the season started today 😳

I’m in the UK and only found out yesterday. I’m on the same score as you though as I actively chose Melbourne!

Opening Round

This week's winner is Robertio with 4 from 4 and a margin tip of 21 - only 1 off the Sydney v Melbourne margin of 22!

Robertio you win a year's Premium Platinum Membership - no banner ads in the forum! More image storage space! More people per private convo!

Details here: Premium Platinum Memberships
I refuse to tip in a round called round 0.

Anyone know why this thread gets an alert for every single post posted? Where other threads you just get an alert when someone has posted something since you last viewed it? Last year I had to manually click a dozen or so alerts as "read" each week. Keep logging on thinking I'm popular for a moment, or a post of mine got a ton of likes :D

Anyone know why this thread gets an alert for every single post posted? Where other threads you just get an alert when someone has posted something since you last viewed it? Last year I had to manually click a dozen or so alerts as "read" each week. Keep logging on thinking I'm popular for a moment, or a post of mine got a ton of likes :D
Just wait til you meet the barfly in here when it's proper footy season you'll be receiving 10 times the amount you currently are now. :$

Last edited:
Back