FTA-TV Grand Final Marathon

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree... like they used to do... but these days it seems Ch 7 just grabs last year's marathon and just makes maybe one change to add in last year's GF if it was significant/good

That would be too much work.

Where's the creativity? With the amount they have in their archives - we should be seeing new stuff every year.

Would be great if they didnt show the same grand finals every year. Im sick of seeing 66, 70, 77, 84, 05 etc. Id like to see quarters from the less spoken abouts grand finals like 96, 86, 01 and maybe 93.

I'm going for;

- 2010 (draw)
- either one of 2005 or 2006
- 1977 (draw)

I agree... like they used to do... but these days it seems Ch 7 just grabs last year's marathon and just makes maybe one change to add in last year's GF if it was significant/good

Yes and tonight looks like the same will happen. 1989 has been done to death over the years.

It has been many years since the following have been aired:
1968 Carl V Ess- a cliff hanging finish.
1972 Carl v Rich - highest scoring grand final.
1974 Rich v Nth Melb- First back to back flags by a club since the 1950's completing a golden era by the tigers.
1976 Haw v Nth Melb - Hawks win the flag for Crimmins.
1978 Haw v Nth Melb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Started a drinking game during the North Melbourne-Collingwood drawn Grand Final. Skull a drink for every handball or running bounce. I'm not even tipsy. Heaps of KB-style dropping the balls though.

Why does 92 and 97 get a run? I like 92 for obvious reasons but the winner was pretty much locked in by 3 qtr time, because its the first flag for wc and adel?
Cant see neutrals giving a stuff.
97 was a cracker. I own have the dvd that I've watched many times.

Would love to see fox do a massive marathon of complete finals games that are available, in chronological order. Doing just the afl era, from 1990, is about a month's worth of round the clock footage.

Why does 92 and 97 get a run? I like 92 for obvious reasons but the winner was pretty much locked in by 3 qtr time, because its the first flag for wc and adel?
Cant see neutrals giving a stuff.

Get sick of Fox just replaying the whole season time and again over the off-season.Can't they spruce it up by replaying games quoted above, or just some obscure matches we may have forgotten about ?
As for the GF marathon.....sitting here fast forwarding through these games that we all know play by play.How about 1998 ? 1988 ? 1991 ? Ho hum

Get sick of Fox just replaying the whole season time and again over the off-season.Can't they spruce it up by replaying games quoted above, or just some obscure matches we may have forgotten about ?
As for the GF marathon.....sitting here fast forwarding through these games that we all know play by play.How about 1998 ? 1988 ? 1991 ? Ho hum

Good luck with Fox replaying non-2014 matches in the off-season.

By the time the NAB cup rolls around, we'll be able to recite play-by-play the entire 2014 season after they play every single bloody match 400 times.

Lazy, just plain lazy, especially when we're actually paying for the channel.

Good luck with Fox replaying non-2014 matches in the off-season.

By the time the NAB cup rolls around, we'll be able to recite play-by-play the entire 2014 season after they play every single bloody match 400 times.

Lazy, just plain lazy, especially when we're actually paying for the channel.
Given that Saturday's game was such a blowout, kiss goodbye to THAT ever appearing in a marathon.
Wednesday at 1:00am Fox start replaying the entire season :mad:
Might cancel my Foxtel until March......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back