Show Cause Notices v2.0 sent out by ASADA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
re Q2 "My own understanding, please correct me if I am wrong, is that the AFL agreed to be a compliant sporting body."

but obviously the privacy and confidentiality provisions contained within the ASADA Act do not apply to the AFL
ordinarily, ASADA, and any of its officers (and other specified persons) cannot divulge any details of an investigation
however
in a joint investigation, the AFL is able to disseminate details they have gathered as a party to the joint investigation far and wide, which appears to be circumventing the privacy and confidentiality provisions afforded athletes under investigation

Thanks for your reply. You did not, regrettably, answer any of my 3 questions. Worse, you did not even correct my understanding. Perhaps you would like another go, demonstrating you are actually interested in informed discussion. No?

Thanks for your reply. You did not, regrettably, answer any of my 3 questions. Worse, you did not even correct my understanding. Perhaps you would like another go, demonstrating you are actually interested in informed discussion. No?

I think informed discussion is against the rules of this board

just to flesh this out a bit
when you say the players WITTINGLY lose their right to silence or privacy
is that something stated in black and white within AFL contracts
or is it something implied?

All players sign up to the AFL's anti-doping rules as part of their standard player contracts. The AFL anti-doping rules require players to co-operate in any anti-doping investigation without any right to silence and also permit the AFL to share information with ASADA without consideration to protection of the player's privacy. Those provisions are express in the AFL rules.

Just to clarify, just because the media haven't reported what was given does not mean ASADA don't know. ASADA absolutely know as it would have been disclosed through the ACC investigation. They simply couldn't use that information and had to go and get it themselves.

Let's not forget there are a couple of other players in this sorry saga that would know what was being injected:

- the nurse
- Hooper the quack

ASADA know through the ACC investigation and I'm happy to place a bet they have dug up the evidence themselves.
I thought ACCC was unable to tell anyone anything (partly why danks talk to ACCC is not accessible). Makes it really useful - ACCC massive powers but doesn't do s**t with it that is any bloody use.

Are you saying that Essendon didn't run the uncontrolled supplements program that ASADA now believes included using banned PEDs on most of its playing group? If so, please tell ASADA who really did run it so they can be held responsible. You might want to inform Switkowski he got it wrong as well.

Goodness, seems that everybody but EFC is wrong on this.

Essendon created this situation through its supplements program, its lack of records, its ongoing failure to maintain the required processes under the Anti-Doping policy and its ongoing refusal to accept any responsibility for its failures.

Im sure you don't accept sniping at ASADA for supposed leaks as bitter but that won't change anything.
EFC ran a program that wasn't nearly as bad as it has been made out to be in the press.

That program, run between Nov 11 and May 12 may or may not have involved a substance that was classified as wada banned (rightly or wrongly) somewhere between Jun 11 and Mar 12.

To this point there is no conclusive proof that anything banned was used and yet the entire football watching public has labelled 34 footballers who had no way of knowing as drug cheats for the last 18 months. 12 of those footballers have been named in the paper.

There is still a strong chance that no banned substances were taken at all and the person who knows has testified to this fact under oath and threat of jail (a far greater punishment than he would be given for doping).

The head coach of the club has also been labelled as a cheat, had his kids bullied at school and had his business prospects in melbourne tarnished forever.

They might be guilty, but we don't know yet. And THAT is why privacy in anti doping is PARAMOUNT.

I thought ACCC was unable to tell anyone anything (partly why danks talk to ACCC is not accessible). Makes it really useful - ACCC massive powers but doesn't do s**t with it that is any bloody use.
One too many C's :p

As I understand, ASADA can see the report, but can't use it, they are forced to regather the information via their 'powers' and interviews etc.

It's kind of point them in the right directions, iirc.

Better read up on importation arrests over the last 12 months.
Information gathered is now getting results.
Just not the result most footy fans want.

EFC ran a program that wasn't nearly as bad as it has been made out to be in the press.

That program, run between Nov 11 and May 12 may or may not have involved a substance that was classified as wada banned (rightly or wrongly) somewhere between Jun 11 and Mar 12.

To this point there is no conclusive proof that anything banned was used and yet the entire football watching public has labelled 34 footballers who had no way of knowing as drug cheats for the last 18 months. 12 of those footballers have been named in the paper.

There is still a strong chance that no banned substances were taken at all and the person who knows has testified to this fact under oath and threat of jail (a far greater punishment than he would be given for doping).

The head coach of the club has also been labelled as a cheat, had his kids bullied at school and had his business prospects in melbourne tarnished forever.

They might be guilty, but we don't know yet. And THAT is why privacy in anti doping is PARAMOUNT.

The fact that nobody, particularly at EFC can say with any degree of certainty that no banned substances were used completely proves my point. The AFL Anti-Doping policy requires every club to be able to do just that. Your club has failed in its very important responsibilities and yet, you continue to attack everybody but those responsible. You cite the need for privacy while ignoring the fact that EFC have conducted an ongoing public campaign to try and discredit the investigation onto their failures but oh no it's all ASADA's fault that EFC made all that noise.

ASADA hasn't named anybody. Yet its all their fault.

You continue the trend made famous at EFC, nobody there is responsible...for anything.

Tell you what, if you really believe that this should all be conducted quietly, with no publicity to protect the coaches and players, tell your club to stop talking to the press and giving this airtime.

Or go back to blaming ASADA for the comments made by Little, Hird, Thompson, Reid etc

Better read up on importation arrests over the last 12 months.
Information gathered is now getting results.
Just not the result most footy fans want.
Then maybe it's just not being published (and that could be for operational reasons too)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

not as bad???
my dear fellow, it was the blackest day in Australian sport!
Government ministers came together to tell the nation that we had reached an all time low
they promised to fight the cheats!!
we collectively hung our heads in shame
the ACC had rightly categorised the AFL along the likes of body builders and anti-aging clinics
oh the shame of it all

but oh no it's all ASADA's fault
ASADA hasn't named anybody
. Yet its all their fault.
Or go back to blaming ASADA

That is about statement 10,000 of yours stating that everyman and his dog is blaming ASADA for everything and TBH I haven't seen anywhere near the same amount of posts blaming ASADA for anything.

Do you work for ASADA, you are extremely, extremely defensive of them ?.

You're trying to have it both ways.

The supplements program at Essendon might be as bad it has been made out to be, just that the evidence hasn't been publicly released, yet. The reason it has not been publicly released yet is to protect the privacy of the 34 players. Lack of public release of the evidence does not amount to a lack of evidence.

AT
at our age, we can barely remember what we did 5 minutes ago
let alone what we may have done yesterday
True. I train my memory by remembering the last time I had sex.
Long term memory seems to be better than short term in us old ducks!:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back