Pets Cane Toads

Remove this Banner Ad

You never used to be able to turn on the TV without hearing about those pesky campaigners the Cane Toads. Us Victorians made the sensible decision to live in a part of the country without poisonous frogs, so maybe it's just that they're still headline news in the hot sweaty parts of Australia.

Last thing I heard was that they were marching on Kakadu & WA although some native animals that ate them for dinner were slowly developing resistance to their poison.

So how's it going Cane Toad States? Are you still whacking them to death with golf clubs and boiling them in oil?

While we're on the subject, what about those fire ants that were due to make backyard barbies in Brisbane a thing of the past? Are they defeated as well?

And those bloody starfish in the bay that kill all the other starfish, how are they travelling?

You never used to be able to turn on the TV without hearing about those pesky campaigners the Cane Toads. Us Victorians made the sensible decision to live in a part of the country without poisonous frogs, so maybe it's just that they're still headline news in the hot sweaty parts of Australia.

People settled in Queensland before cane toads did. We as humans were stupid enough to introduce them.

There is a foundation to stop the spread of the *ers further into WA.

http://www.stopthetoad.org.au/

Saw a doco where one scientest was trying to stop native animals eating them by capturing some, feeding them the non-toxic legs with a sickening agent, so that they saw them as bad and stopped eating it. Then released them back into the wild to teach the next generation. Semmed clever and appeared to work.

I am certain there are quite a few out there who enjoy removing said animals a little too much.

These are animals that don't know any better and are only in this country because of our own stupidity. It is not the animal's fault that it is an ecological menace. I've got nothing against reducing the numbers of problem animals, but the amount of closet psychopaths and sociopaths who enjoy doing all sorts of sick stuff to them just makes every sensible person who doesn't wish to have them screwing up our ecosystem look bad. Ok, we get it, they're a major problem up north but why do you have to be evil about it and do things like set them on fire, or all other kinds of unnecessary cruel s**t?

People who would set out to deliberately go out of their way to torture an animal, or drag out its misery, are a lot worse than the animal they are demonising. If you're going to kill something, don't be a ******* turd and do it properly.

Last edited:
Pretty sure golf clubs etc is now considered animal cruelty (though I'm sure plenty of people still do it), if I remember right the only permitted way to kill them is to put them in a freezer.

Pretty sure golf clubs etc is now considered animal cruelty (though I'm sure plenty of people still do it), if I remember right the only permitted way to kill them is to put them in a freezer.

For real? Can't club to death but can slowly freeze them to death. Wow.

I was in Kununurra in February 2014 and the Cane Toads had themselves a pretty sweet little pond to bathe in, Lake Argyle which is about 20 times the size of Sydney Harbour. I also found out my Fox Terrier has a liking for the odd hallucinogenic experience too, little toad licker. They are in WA for good now.

Thought the same thing. Also, That would give you a shock. Go to prepare dinner and a frosty frog jumps on your face.
They fall asleep and don't wake up, basically. Being as tough as they are they are unlikely to die from a blow with a golf club or similar.

Fridge for an hour will KO them, then freezer overnight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lawwlll. Thrawn to the rescue.

Aren't you constantly depressed thinking about all the animal cruelty that goes on in the world?

By the way, I killed a spider and a mouse today, umad?
Go chew on a bag of Richards.

When ectotherms are put in very cold temperatures, they are put to sleep very very quickly.

People settled in Queensland before cane toads did. We as humans were stupid enough to introduce them.
/

No you Western Europeans, not humans. Western Europeans are the only ones that does stupid s**t like that to the environment.

They fall asleep and don't wake up, basically. Being as tough as they are they are unlikely to die from a blow with a golf club or similar.

Fridge for an hour will KO them, then freezer overnight.

Without going into detail this is very false.

Freakin hate them. One almost killed my dog a couple of years ago.

I am certain there are quite a few out there who enjoy removing said animals a little too much.

These are animals that don't know any better and are only in this country because of our own stupidity. It is not the animal's fault that it is an ecological menace. I've got nothing against reducing the numbers of problem animals, but the amount of closet psychopaths and sociopaths who enjoy doing all sorts of sick stuff to them just makes every sensible person who doesn't wish to have them screwing up our ecosystem look bad. Ok, we get it, they're a major problem up north but why do you have to be evil about it and do things like set them on fire, or all other kinds of unnecessary cruel s**t?

People who would set out to deliberately go out of their way to torture an animal, or drag out its misery, are a lot worse than the animal they are demonising. If you're going to kill something, don't be a ******* turd and do it properly.
Lawwlll. Thrawn to the rescue.

Aren't you constantly depressed thinking about all the animal cruelty that goes on in the world?

By the way, I killed a spider and a mouse today, umad?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back